Forums

mileage discrepancy

mileage discrepancy

My new Model X fully charged says I will get 280 miles. But I only get 200 in actual miles on the freeway to the airport and back. Seems like a big discrepancy. I'm not a terrible driver and the traffic wasn't bad. No AC to blame it on. Why am I not getting the 280 miles on a charge?

tomthalody | 12 marzo 2019

If you are getting 200 miles, then be happy with it. I think it's great that you get 200 miles.
My model x is a 75 D and it shows 230 miles when fully charged. But I can only drive max 100 miles with it.
Tesla is not truthful about its driving range.
They never tell you this when you buy it.

jimglas | 13 marzo 2019

drive slower and turn off the heat

Anthony J. Parisio | 13 marzo 2019

The heat for the cabin and the battery heater are the biggest draw. The next biggest draw is the speed you drive.. The faster one goes the more air resistance must be over come.. The X has such a HUGE "footprint" in the air. It is crazy how just 5 miles per hour faster uses up much more power. The number Tesla gives is for a max of 55 miles/hr.

Passion2Fly | 13 marzo 2019

22” or 20” wheels?

quintman99 | 13 marzo 2019

My goodness. I would like some perspective on this. I am looking at a 2016 or 2017 Tesla Model X, with the free supercharging as I travel a lot on the highway. If the X is rated at 257, what can you actually expect when cruising at about 75 -78 mph. This is my average driving speed. Would an S give you a lot more range??

quintman99 | 13 marzo 2019

My goodness. I would like some perspective on this. I am looking at a 2016 or 2017 Tesla Model X, with the free supercharging as I travel a lot on the highway. If the X is rated at 257, what can you actually expect when cruising at about 75 -78 mph. This is my average driving speed. Would an S give you a lot more range??

Let's assume the 20" wheels. They ride smoother and less consuming on energy.

jimglas | 13 marzo 2019

tesla range matrix:

https://teslike.com/range/

KurtX | 14 marzo 2019

In my experience I consistently get the rated range at 75mph at 70F ambient or above and fairly flat ground. Both S and X over several years and 70k miles.

pctooling | 18 marzo 2019

I have model X 90D and I am using percentage it is more accurate because mileage change with emerge use.
My finding is:
City driving with 4 stops : City 10%=20 KM
which is with 100% charge 200KM (1 year same readings)
speed 100KM/h to 110KM/h: Hwy 10%= 23KM to 25KM depend on the wind (1 year same readings)
I share the findings with Tesla bud they are telling me to slow dawn and not to go over 250 Wh/Km so I start driving as old lady using HWY 2 max speed 80KM/h and my distance increase to 270KM and I reduce heat to 19C fan to #3. I am using 20" rims and tires .I did had original 22" tires first 3 months and distance was approx. 180 to 200KM.
the advertised distance was approx.400KM bud I am getting 40%less.I believe this is wrong. 2018 Nisan leaf do 200KM for less price. I test it for ^ months as advertised . I love the Tesla model X and it was for this electric Idea and I love Elon Mask for his courage to stand up to big cars company's and make new way of cleaner cars. Electricity is produce every day so it is cleaner and lots of it is waisted. I am just disappointed with Range for Tesla model X.

bonhari03 | 27 marzo 2019

I have a MX75 and I don’t get more than 150 miles on a 90% charge. But I drive it any way I want. I take it to triple digits ( only on a closed track f course ;) and don’t worry about how many miles I have left, only the percent needed to get my destination. As long as I have enough, no worries.