Forums

It appears some Asian country is disrupting the good newd

It appears some Asian country is disrupting the good newd

Scared

blue adept | 14 marzo 2019

Yep!

Tesla needs to do as I suggested to you in the other thread.

blue adept | 14 marzo 2019

Hmm, when I dissected the translation through a reverse DNS lookup I find that the Chinese has been converted from Uzbek (as in Uzbekistan, like part of the former Soviet republic Uzbekistan), so it appears likely than it's some Russian hacker disguising themselves as Chinese to displace the responsibility.

Who knows, maybe they're pissed because Tesla built a factory in China and not Russia?!

jimglas | 15 marzo 2019

good work BA!

blue adept | 16 marzo 2019

Meh, I have my moments.

Dramsey | 17 marzo 2019

"when I dissected the translation through a reverse DNS lookup"

Could you explain how you did this? Given that neither the IP nor the originating domain of whomever spammed the forum is available, I don't see how you had the data to perform a reverse DNS lookup...

NKYTA | 17 marzo 2019

@Dramsey, I question @blue too, but there are ways. It might be a simple-view source to gather breadcrumbs for more searching...

reed_lewis | 18 marzo 2019

I really do not understand what Blue Adept is talking about. What is on the board is merely text, and nothing more. The IP address of the poster is not delivered to use on the web page. So doing a translation of the text means nothing.

Of course perhaps in my 20 years of experience of writing internet software that has been PC Magazine editor's choice twice, I might have missed something, but I fail to see how anything can be learned by text posted.

Dramsey | 18 marzo 2019

@NKYTA, no, a source view shows that each message comprises a lot of CSS and HTML tags (with, I might add, some AMAZING entity names), but the actual _content_ comprises only the user name, the date (not time) it was posted, and the plain text of the content. I see no way to extract any location data.

NKYTA | 18 marzo 2019

Yep, unless in the unlikely event he has access to Tesla Forum server logs.

In which case, problem solved. ;-p

marlinputnam8745 | 22 marzo 2019

Tesla is successful in the US and Europe Market but it not succeed in asian markets because there is a lot of variations, asian market is dominant with fuel emissions cars.

Xerogas | 22 marzo 2019

@NKYTA: "Yep, unless in the unlikely event he has access to Tesla Forum server logs.

In which case, problem solved. ;-p"
------
My best guess, if I were to give the benefit of the doubt, is that BA googled for the text and found other websites with similar wording, then did reverse DNS search of IPs in that region. But that’s a stretch, and I agree it sounds like tech word salad from an NCIS show.

Dramsey | 22 marzo 2019

In the absence of any response by @blue adapt to the questions posed by me and other people who actually know something about how the Internet works, I'm gonna go with "He just completely made it up." I'll leave the speculation on why he felt the need to post total BS and then accept praise for it to someone else.