Forums

WeatherTech floor mats

WeatherTech floor mats

Like many of you, I have been waiting since last fall for WeatherTech floor mats for my new Model 3.
I have talked to several folks at WeatherTech over the months and am usually promised that the mats will appear in
a few weeks or so. But of course nothing has happened. Yesterday I talked to a manager there who told me that
they were waiting for approval from Tesla before they could release the mats, which are apparently ready to go.
So yesterday I called Tesla and put my two cents in that they should release approval for the mats. I was told
'Tesla values the opinions of it's customers and my comments would be passed on to management.' We'll see,
but if I imagine if others who are waiting for these mats also complained to Tesla, we might see some movement.

ElectricAlex | 16 marzo 2019

Whatever agreement Weathertech made with Tesla, I am sure it included a non-compete clause while they make the mat for Tesla.

Once they are finished with that contact you will see a mat that looks amzing similar to the official M3 mat, but it will say weathertech.

Complaints will do no good.

Magic 8 Ball | 16 marzo 2019

The mats TESLA sells on their website are made by WeatherTech (the mfr name and info is molded into the underside of the mat).

lstutte | 16 marzo 2019

Yes, I am aware of that. But under it's own name WeatherTech makes custom floor mats that fit up along the sides of the foot wells, which the Tesla mats do not. If you live in messy/muddy country those covered sides are essential.

ghoop1 | 16 marzo 2019

I got tired of waiting for WeatherTech and I bought the TuxMats. They are great. I bought a second set for the other car. They hold all the mud, snow, sand and dirt and then they wipe out easily with a damp paper towel. Worth the price to me.

kmartyn | 16 marzo 2019

I ordered the Maxspidee 3D mats. They look much nicer than the Weather Techs in our other vehicle.

Magic 8 Ball | 16 marzo 2019

We find the TESLA/WT mats to be excellent. They (of course) fit the footwell compartments with precision considering the type of fit they are doing. The lips go up enough, all around to take care of spills and wet shoes/boots. If you are bringing in more on your shoes/boots can handle then it probably does not matter because everything will blend in with the rest of car or be buried under all the take out food packaging.

I was skeptical about the two piece rear design but for us it works very well since it makes it much easier to remove while containing spill than trying to manage a large one piece unit.

kmartyn | 16 marzo 2019

I ordered the Maxspidee 3D mats. They look much nicer than the Weather Techs in our other vehicle.