Forums

Base $35k model will never happen Public Apology thread

Base $35k model will never happen Public Apology thread

This is the proper place for those who repeatedly declared that the base $35k M3 would -never- happen. We know who some of you are but -you- really know who you are!
Get that monkey off your back and admit you were wrong!
I'm not among said crew but I thought I'd get the Crow Cooker (tm) turned on so you don't have to eat them raw.
Enjoy the catharsis!

ReD eXiLe ms us | 17 marzo 2019

johnmcniece: Thank you for this thread. I wish I had thought of it myself. Most that held the 'NEVER' position, mainly saying Tesla would: a) go out of business; b) run out of money; or c) file bankruptcy first, had walked back their position by around October 2017 or so to, "Tesla will release a handful of them sometime in 2019 or 2020 to 'save face", but only for a short time, then they'll cancel it citing a lack of interest or profitability issues..."

Me? I think those guys are idiots. Some have even attempted to perpetrate Elon Musk as a liar, as they themselves lied, claiming he meant $35,000 'after incentives' or worse, $35,000 as an OTD price point including destination/delivery fees, registration, tax, title, & license. Complete bullshit of course. Tesla and Elon Musk never said those things in any way.

So far they have not admitted any of their NaySayer, Doubtful, Skeptic, 'Contrarian', Troll principles have come true on any level. I wonder why? You may trust they will certainly demand that you concede if anything they believe comes to pass. No doubt.

Here, take a look:
FACT CHECKING COUNTDOWN: An Anti-FUD, Anti-Troll Theorem Thread
Submitted by ReD eXiLe ms us on September 2, 2018

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/fact-checking-countdown-anti-fud-a...

aasandsas | 17 marzo 2019

So you had to create a thread for this as well ? Who really cares what one said and why and why ?

With the yes...no...sorry...maybe...decisions Tesla makes these days you wonder who is making a fool of themselves. So go figure.

Magic 8 Ball | 17 marzo 2019

Crow Cooker, I love it!

aasandsas | 17 marzo 2019

So in 2 years from now we will see a thread about peolple said FSD won’t happen soon ?

aslammazad | 17 marzo 2019

Awesome thread. Let’s hear the apologies. Can’t wait!

aslammazad | 17 marzo 2019

Specifically, can’t wait to hear from mos. Where did that guy go? (Don’t mean to be sexist but I picture him being a guy for some reason)

johnmann | 17 marzo 2019

aasandsas - "So in 2 years from now we will see a thread about peolple said FSD won’t happen soon ?"

You heard it here first, folks. FSD will mainstreamed in two years.

EricNYS | 17 marzo 2019

I've been waiting since I put down my $1000 almost three years ago. I attemped to order the $35k model tonight before the price increase and only see a $37k base model. I feel bit misled.

Carl Thompson | 17 marzo 2019

many people here predicted the $35k would be available within a few months of the car's first release. Others predicted it would be by mid 2018. And still others said definitely by late 2018. They should all eat crow too.

Very few said there wouldn't be a $35k at all.

I personally said I didn't think we'd see the $35k Model 3 until 2019 because it would be until then it couldn't be built profitably. Guess I should crow about that!

lbowroom | 17 marzo 2019

EricNYS don't know what you're doing but I just went to the website and the first configuration that pops up is $35,000. That price isn't changing tomorrow. I feel misled... by you.

lbowroom | 17 marzo 2019

Carl, if you didn't say never.... then this thread isn't for you.

Carl Thompson: Fuck YOU, MAN!!! I've been plenty wrong about lots of stuff and already admitted it. You goddamned Trolls, attempting to make it look like you are calling it 'even' are the worst!

aasandsas: DAMMIT I CARE about making sure these ICEHOLES are held accountable for their bullshit. I care about holding them to their goddamned word as stated six months ago, two years ago, four years ago, forever fucking ago, for EVERY time they expressed their 'opinion' that Tesla was a scam, a cult, a Ponzi Scheme, a passing fad, or a waste of time. Why? Because some of them, like Carl Thompson, have a sneaky way of disappearing for a few months once their bullshit has been exposed, then attempting to repaint themselves, changing their stripes for a new audience that doesn't know their goddamned history, to make it seem they provide a 'contrarian voice of reason' when in fact, they do not. They love to complain about their treatment by 'The fanbois' and are likely truly turbed by my adoption of the monniker, 'Your Friendly Neighborhood Over-the-Top Optimistic Tesla Certified Apologist Fanboy' with absolut pride. For all their claims of 'realism' are steeped in pessimism and HaterAde.

Carl Thompson | 17 marzo 2019

@ReD if you have any examples at all of me saying the $35k Model 3 wouldn't come out go ahead and post links to the threads.

Or any threads where I said I think Tesla will go out of business.

Or any where I said Tesla was a waste of time.

You can't because you are a liar.

I did buy a Tesla after all. Last I checked you don't own own one. You're just a foul mouthed troll who likes to play make-believe.

OK, back to ignoring you for the sake of the forum.

Carl Thompson: I have evidence of your repeatedly running to the aid of Trolls, Liars, and Iceholes who hold those positions defending their right to be incorrigibly entirely and incessantly incorrect on all counts. That's enough for me. Fuck you and your bullshit requirements.

bernard.holbrook | 18 marzo 2019

To be frank, both the Trolls and the Fan Bozs harm Tesla and EV's. The biggest difference is that the Fans are trying to help while the Trolls are trying to hurt BEVs.

It's obvious how the Trolls harm Tesla, like messing with the stock price or pushing for SEC or whatever investigations. As well as the FUD that Tesla is going to die at any moment, the 35K 3 will never happen, ect.

The harm with the Fan Bozs is that they set unrealistic expectations in new buyers as to what to expect from EV's in general and Tesla in particular. Not to mention some pretty personal attacks against people who dare to report a problem with their Tesla 3 (just read this forum for examples). An example of setting unrealistic expectations are the posts/articles saying that EVs are similar to ICE in the winter as both lose range in the cold. While it is true that both ICE and BEV lose range in the winter the amount of range lost is quite different. My last ICE (Volvo S60R) lost about 15% of its range in the winter while my Tesla 3 loses about 40%; combine that with the difficulty BEV's have to refuel while on road trips and winter driving becomes quite unpleasant. I could not get from Ottawa to Pembroke (330 km or 206 miles return) and back on one full charge without turning off the cabin heat/defrost and seat warmer on the way back. People do need to know that so that they can buy the right size of battery pack/range for their needs.

BEV's have a lot of pluses, like filling up the car costs me $5.20 Canadian, no tailpipe emissions and reduced pollution, that we shouldn't need to exaggerate their abilities.

andy.connor.e | 18 marzo 2019

This thread needs more popcorn

bernard.holbrook | 18 marzo 2019

@Andy +1 :)

jamespompi | 18 marzo 2019

@mos where you at?

calvin940 | 18 marzo 2019

I think both sides have said plenty of things that were wrong. I don't think we need a thread to exacerbate an already crappy environment.

Its funny because no one knew what would happen. And people feel that they need an apology, or require them to admit they were wrong. Thank you for helping to make Tesla owners seem like violent, entitled fanbois.

Magic 8 Ball | 18 marzo 2019

I prefer vindictive gloater, thank you very much ; ).

finman100 | 18 marzo 2019

omg. you did't just say "i think both sides are wrong". wow. that didn't fly with potus and is certainly wrong to use here as well. good grief people, these liars and FUD spreaders are trying to kill an American car company. pay attention! don't be on the wrong side of history. seriously.

Earl and Nagin ... | 18 marzo 2019

@Magic 8 Ball,
+1
Although off the topic of this thread: Count me on your vindictive gloater list!

gmr6415 | 18 marzo 2019

Not much different than one of my first posts here. I asked "why with all of the cameras, no built in dash cam"?

All the usuals responses' here were that all of the cameras were low resolution, black and white only cameras, except for the backup camera, and could NEVER be adequately used for a dash cam.

Here we are with a front dash cam and sentry mode. I only wish they would add the rear camera to the dash cam and put the activation of sentry mode in an easier place...maybe in with the other apps, i.e., as with the energy chart and the web browser.

aasandsas | 18 marzo 2019

@ReD eXiLe ms us - Let experts and adults talk first. This forum ain’t some rookie camp. I think you need education on Tesla products. I don’t see any knowledgeable posts from you.

PhillyGal | 18 marzo 2019

I like this thread because I have definitely seen a large share of folks who claimed it would never happen.

I'm glad it finally did, though not to prove anyone wrong, just to get an EV in more hands. (Driveways...)

AGnificent | 18 marzo 2019

As soon as I heard they took the "$35,000" advertising off the website and promos, I thought to myself, "Well darn, I guess that was one of those ambitious goals that they at first THOUGHT they could meet but turned out to be unrealistic. Too bad." Glad to be wrong.

EM34ME | 18 marzo 2019

I find this thread rather entertaining in a perverse sort of way - shame on me. M8B vs. CST, Red X vs. CT, etc. GOOD SHOW. I am rooting for my favorites though.

I did predict the 3SR would be out by the end of 2018. I did miss it by about 2 months so beat me and Elon with an ugly stick if you wish.......but in my case it wouldn't do any more damage than has already been done!

Im betting 50kWh on M8B

2015P90DI | 18 marzo 2019

I always said the $35,000 model would likely be released in 2019, however also stated that it likely would just be a temporary model so that Tesla can be noted as having met their promise. Personally, I doubt it will last long. How long did the Mid-Range version last? Will it last as long as the 60 kWh battery in the Model S? Or will it be more like the Mid-Range model? My guess is that somehow, some way, as is typical of Tesla, the features will change and the base price will be higher than $35,000. Conservatively, I'd be surprised if the $35,000 version makes it to the end of the year. Tesla just isn't making any money on this version of the car, so it makes no sense to keep selling it. They've done what they said they would do and delivered on their promise. Nobody ever said how long they had to sell the $35,000 model for.

inconel | 18 marzo 2019

At $0.05 per kWh in some regions such as Quebec that's 2.50 CAD or about USD 2.00

-TheJohn- | 18 marzo 2019

Alas I was aiming for some goodish natured ribbing and instead created verbal fencing.
This is why I kicked myself off of Facebook.
Carry on!

P.S. I do think some apologies and mea culpas are due..

gordon_r_benson | 18 marzo 2019

2015P90DI nailed it: (SR going away later this year). As evidence I'd hold up the SR+ battery. Given the 20 mile range difference on the SR and SR+, I'd be *shocked* if those two vehicles aren't using the exact same battery, with the SR just having the range software limited. Somewhere later this year the SR will be phased out and the SR+ will be the new base model going forward. If Tesla intended on doing the SR long term the battery would need to be as stripped as possible since that's where the bulk of the cost is. There's little chance they'd develop and maintain 2 versions of the battery with only a 20 mile range difference, even if it's as simple as adding a few more cells..

lbowroom | 18 marzo 2019

Well if all those waiting with deposits for the 35k model actually buy one...

Carl Thompson | 18 marzo 2019

@calvin940:
"I think both sides have said plenty of things that were wrong. I don't think we need a thread to exacerbate an already crappy environment."

This was exactly my point (but I didn't say it as well as I could have).