Forums

Enhanced Anti-Theft for the Model X for $350 - is it worth adding?

Enhanced Anti-Theft for the Model X for $350 - is it worth adding?

I see there is an Enhanced Anti-Theft for the Model X for $350. Has anyone installed it? is it worth adding? Is it a good alternative to Sentry mode which is unsupported in HW2.0 MX? Or is it a far cry compared to Sentry mode?

mbp11 | 5 aprile 2019

I purchased it after the SF Bay Area had a rash of smash and grabs but it took me a few months to get it installed because the Service centers here were so busy and so was I. Dublin SC said it would take 3-4 days to install but it actually took a day and a half.

I suppose that it would be a good idea if I forgot to enable the Sentry mode, since the Sentry requires a lot more power than the Enhanced Anti-theft. Especially if you cannot get the Sentry, I would get it if you park the car in the city or in public dark areas. Might not stop people from smashing the windows but it will limit their \willingness to enter the car

colorczar | 5 aprile 2019

If your car is in-process of being towed (tilt) or during break-in (intrusion), I’d hope your car with enhanced anti theft sends a message to the Tesla app on your phone.