Forums

Vents Blowing Hot Air

Vents Blowing Hot Air

had my LR raven for only 5 days but something that I keep noticing are the vents blowing hot air even though the temp is set to low. AC works fine but i don't want the ac on all the time. just regular cool air from the outside. yesterday i noticed during the morning cool air was coming out the vents but last night the hot air issue started again. wondering if it's turning on the heat by itself because it thinks it's cold inside the cabin? i never see any indication of heat in the settings being turned on. always on low or 60 degrees. anyway very frustrating for a new car.

jimglas | 19 giugno 2019

if the temperature inside the car is lower than the temperature you set, warm air will come out

nintendomas | 19 giugno 2019

makes sense but i don't think the cabin temp was under 60 degrees last night. I'll keep a thermometer with me to test it. thanks.

ratchet | 19 giugno 2019

I have tried running just the fan by turning off the "A/C" button hoping to just get outside air. I also have found times when the vents seem to be putting out warm air. I once tried also turning off the "Auto" button which seemed to help but I didn't take the time to test other combinations. Suggest that you try turning off A/C and Auto to see if that helps. Could be that the system will use heat to maintain the set temperature but not A/C to cool down when Auto is active.

nintendomas | 19 giugno 2019

thanks but I'm pretty sure the auto is off. tonight's drive home cool air was coming out so who knows. seems to be hit n miss. i have a small road trip tomorrow so I'll have more time to test.