Forums

Extended Warranty for Model 3?

Extended Warranty for Model 3?

Does anybody know if there’s any options for an extended warranty for the Model 3 after purchase? The guys at the service center when it got delivered last August said there was nothing yet. Are there any new options?

vmulla | 16 luglio 2019

No new options, still nothing.

tjringle23 | 16 luglio 2019

Dang :/ I was hoping they would add something.

vmulla | 16 luglio 2019

But why? The car is new as can be and it's as reliable as can be.

Ride it around a bit, go for a few road trips, your idea of the extended warranty will change.

tjringle23 | 16 luglio 2019

Just for some extra security. Love the car but I’ve had some issues with the cameras and making the Autopilot not work. So I’d like to extend the warranty, but if not that’s okay. Still the best car!

stevenmaifert | 17 luglio 2019

Some folks are high mileage drivers, and will drive through the 50K miles before the 4 year factory warranty expires.

tjringle23 | 17 luglio 2019

Exactly. I’ve drove 25k miles in one year of ownership and I will easily hit 50k before 4 years. Definitely nice for the high mileage drivers.

vmulla | 17 luglio 2019

I'll be out of warranty before this year is out. The warranty for the drivetrain components is for much longer. The cameras and computers are not 'wearing out'.
So yes, even amongst high mileage owners there's widely different viewpoints.
I'd be much more inclined if Tesla offered it at a lower price point, it's good publicity too - our cars are so reliable that we can offer extended warranty for low low prices, seriously you're just giving us your money - we're that confident.

That's similar to the pitch that Tesla's hold their resale value well (Let's avoid 3s pricing for this argument)

-TheJohn- | 17 luglio 2019

Extended warranties are shown to be rip offs that only serve to funnel more money to whoever is offering them.

Wasn't this exact thread started 2 days ago?

vmulla | 17 luglio 2019

@-TheJohn- ,
That was someone else. But you can feel the pulse here, there's a good bit of interest for extended warranties.
Do it Tesla, our credit cards are out and ready to be swiped :)