Forums

$3k FSD or $xx Extended Warranty

$3k FSD or $xx Extended Warranty

Hello,

I have EAP and just got the email stating that I can upgrade to FSD for $3k.
I am debating if it makes more sense to buy an extended warranty or get the FSD. Tesla has not released any details about the extended warranty so really cant compare it but I am guessing it wont be more than $3k for additional 2-3yrs/150-200k miles. I mainly use AP on long drives so I dont imagine myself using the AP for city street driving. Plus EAP already have the NAP & Enhanced Summon.

Any one else going through same situation?

Joshan | 7 agosto 2019

you mean 2 year 25k miles?

2-Year Extended Service Agreement
2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first.

4 years will get you 50k

4-Year Extended Service Agreement
4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Joshan | 7 agosto 2019

Watch this if you have not seen it, Pretty much nothing shown in this video is NOT included in EAP and is part of FSD Capabilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=tlThdr3O5Qo

sumya | 7 agosto 2019

@ Joshan
Not debating the coolness and convenience factor of FSD. Just thinking it logically, as the repair costs can be very expensive.

Joshan | 7 agosto 2019

for sure, I was just trying to make sure you had all the facts. Was not sure if you knew what all FSD will do in the future and also wanted to show the miles/years they offer on extended warranties.

Magic 8 Ball | 7 agosto 2019

Is anyone familiar with the term: "insurance poor"?

jamespompi | 7 agosto 2019

I havent heard a peep on a Tesla offered extended warranty for model 3 and many have already exceeded that 50K mark. Are they actually going to offer one?

Joshan | 7 agosto 2019

Why you asking us? Hop into chat and ask them and tell us the result.

gmr6415 | 7 agosto 2019

@Joshan, the result is "not at this time". Been there done that.

Joshan | 7 agosto 2019

oh I know, was just pointing out the uselessness of asking random people on the internet.

raqball | 7 agosto 2019

I personally would get FSD before the extended warranty, but that's just me... I can understand the struggle but here is the way I look at it... I will probably keep the car 5 years as I am sure by then there will be improved Tesla's out with longer range, new design changes ect.... We are all different and value different things though.

I can see where someone might want the extended warranty instead but like I said, I opt for FSD before it....

My .02

Most posts that ask "what should I do" are very unproductive and are almost as bad as "what is it worth" posts. All these types of posts lead to fighting and arguing. It is tough to push back on these without getting attacked for pushing back.

jimglas | 7 agosto 2019

I disagree

Lulz

jimglas | 7 agosto 2019

I couldn't resist