Forums

Both Pedals Pressed Message

Both Pedals Pressed Message

Getting the message "Both Pedals Pressed" when i press the break. i drive with one foot i dont know if is a software glitch or something it has happened like three times already and goes away.

Magic 8 Ball | 10 agosto 2019

Have you done a scroll wheel reset recently?

gballant4570 | 10 agosto 2019

I have big feet. And they don't feel as much as they used to. I've gotten that message, usually because my big foot is actually hitting both pedals. That's the reason - just pay attention to what you're doing with your big feet.

Hp.1193 | 10 agosto 2019

Funny but @gballant its an actual issue. The pedal may need replaced or a reboot, if you read the other thread.

gballant4570 | 10 agosto 2019

Paying attention works for me (for now) - but I am counting on FSD one day.....

pieromontas | 10 agosto 2019

im pretty sure im not pressing both pedals i think it could have something to do with my accelerator pedal not coming all the way back once you release it sometimes.

Xerogas | 10 agosto 2019

@pieromontas: "im pretty sure im not pressing both pedals i think it could have something to do with my accelerator pedal not coming all the way back once you release it sometimes."
------
If that’s true, it’s a serious safety issue. Open a ticket with your service center using the app on your phone, and make sure you tell them the accelerator pedal does not always return to neutral.

...or check to make sure your floor mat is not bunched up under the pedal ;)

kevin_rf | 10 agosto 2019

Funny story when the kiddo got her permit. First time taking her out in an ice and I get a panic'd call from my wife, something's wrong with the ICE's transmission. Several discussions later, yep kiddo was trying to drive with both feet. Took forever to break her of the habit. I blame John Deere.

Nice to know with the next kiddo if she tries the car will pop up a message saying she's doing it.

david.murchison3 | 11 agosto 2019

I had this exact problem!!! This is how it gets fixed. The accelerator for some reason is not going back to 0. So when you press it and then press the brakes, it wont do brake hold because the car thinks your holding both pedals. You also hear that annoying beeping sound. Temporarily, I would lift the accelerator up with my foot, then press the brake to do brake hold. A mobile unit came to my house and replaced the pedal in like 5 mins and it was fixed.

Reflex | 15 agosto 2019

I had this problem a few weeks ago for a few days. Spontaneously resolved. Restarted today. SUPER annoying. I lifted the accelerator with some force and the problem went away for a few stops. My 11-year old daughter said: "Well THAT'S not good." Glad to know it is a five minute repair.

pieromontas | 15 agosto 2019

Waiting for my appointment on the 20th lets see how it goes but if its that simple it would be cool to get some kind of early call from tesla because im concern on what can happend while driving like that.