Forums

UI Web Browser and associated Keyboard

UI Web Browser and associated Keyboard

Hello all! I've noticed that my web browser keyboard disappears at times when changing input fields on a given web page. I also noticed that some web page pop in scroll selection windows are not accessible with the Tesla browser or keyboard. Questions:

1. Why does the keyboard disappear when you need it most? Is there a fix or something I'm missing - other than the browser and keyboard are a PoS?

2. Selecting options on web pages that pop up scroll selection windows - Any fix for this or am I SOOL?

TeslaTap.com | 21 agosto 2019

Browsers (all of them, not just Tesla) are not ideally suited to touch screens. Some web developers never even consider touch may be used on a site. Try tapping on a field to bring back the keyboard.

Not sure I understand what a popup scroll selection window is. Can you include an example link?

CST | 21 agosto 2019

This occurred on the .24 update - makes it very hard to login to sites like https://tesla-screen.com.
I just got an update and checked it. It works fine now.

jebinc | 21 agosto 2019

@Tesaltap - I’m taking about an input field in a web page that pops up another small window of selections to choose from. When this happens, neither the touch screen nor the scroll wheels allow you to pick one of the selections presented.

@CST - I was running 24.4 and below when I noticed this behavior. Just got 28.3.1 and haven’t tried it yet. What’s fixed, the disappearing keyboard or inability to select from a pop up selection box on an input form?

CST | 21 agosto 2019

Disappearing keyboard is what I tested... works like before it got broken.

M3phan | 21 agosto 2019

There’s a browser?!
Jk, hardly ever use it.

jebinc | 21 agosto 2019

@CST - Thanks for the clarification; glad that's been resolved! :-)

@M3phan - When waiting for someone, I tend to browse whilst waiting - 'cause the games just don't work with any game pad/controller that the original publisher intended (separate post on that).

jebinc | 21 agosto 2019

Another issue - The browser doesn't allow you to log into Outlook to check email... that blows also.

M3phan | 21 agosto 2019

I use my phone while waiting. Smaller but more reliable.

jebinc | 21 agosto 2019

@M3phan - Touche!

M3phan | 21 agosto 2019

; )