Forums

Take Your Victory Lap, Elon Musk

Take Your Victory Lap, Elon Musk

Provided by Dow Jones
Jan 3, 2020 10:15 AM CST
By John D. Stoll

The excitement over Carlos Ghosn's escape to Lebanon from Japan may have obscured an equally impressive feat in the car business. Tesla Inc. is meeting its targets.

The electric-car maker said Monday its Shanghai plant is building 1,000 Model 3 sedans a week. That's less than a year after Chief Executive Elon Musk stood in an empty 210-acre field and declared this factory would go up in "record time." And on Friday, Tesla said it set another annual sales record and exceeded Mr. Musk's ambitious goal of selling 360,000 vehicles for the year.

https://www.morningstar.com/news/dow-jones/202001034280/take-your-victor...

hcwhy | 4 gennaio 2020

That feat was certainly noticed by the stock market.

TeslaTap.com | 4 gennaio 2020

Not just meeting targets, but exceeding them! Along with introducing two exciting new vehicles - the Model Y and Cybertruck! Another fantastic year by the Tesla team!

blue adept | 6 gennaio 2020

Not to mention first meeting, then exceeding their original "take private" estimation of $420.00 with their valuation currently sitting at $451.54!

Just wait 'til the Grünheid, Germany factory (Giga-4) gets up and running!

BadgerErickson | 6 gennaio 2020

VICTORY!!!!!

T-Minus 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2......liftoff......

andy.connor.e | 6 gennaio 2020

Ya going private at $420 was actually a bad deal for Tesla. Its going to be double that.

David N | 6 gennaio 2020

I’m constantly amazed at how the so called “experts”, and “professionals” in the auto industry and the financial industry still cannot accept the tremendous feat that Elon has accomplished that many others have tried and failed at.
What I admire about Elon is his perseverance and determination when it seems everyone is against him. The establishment has been against Tesla and Elon since day one.
I found it very entertaining when even Jim Kramer “gave in” and said he is tired of “fighting Tesla” , “I give up” , “I’m going to drink the kool aid”, “I cant take it anymore”, “My entire family is against me”.
Sit back, relax and enjoy as we watch Tesla continue to steam full speed ahead.

andy.connor.e | 6 gennaio 2020

I think the most depressing part about Tesla, is the lack of appreciation for probably one of the greatest American success stories. Tesla is presented as a fraud, when they are making the best technology on the planet for transportation and energy.

Orthopod | 6 gennaio 2020

American people hating in Tesla is like the Conservative politicians of Australia wondering why they are having wildfires after subsiding another 60 years coal industry

blue adept | 6 gennaio 2020

Don't forget that Australia IS starting to come around, what with the world's largest storage battery installation that has already proven profitable to them:

https://interestingengineering.com/teslas-massive-battery-project-in-aus...

https://www.inverse.com/article/51515-tesla-s-battery-has-already-saved-...

They'll figure it out eventually (hopefully before all of the koala's an 'roos and other animals are killed off.

hcwhy | 6 gennaio 2020

...and Greta Thunberg's "person of the year" at Time Magazine......

hcwhy | 6 gennaio 2020

...and Greta Thunberg's "person of the year" at Time Magazine......

Tesla-David | 7 gennaio 2020

TSLA at $470.53 today. The shorts are in serious trouble as all the Tesla cylinders are firing. Tesla is doing so much to save the planet.

Let's hope the PM Morrison is replaced in Australia by a government that takes the Climate Emergency seriously. Greta was right to call the PM out for the ongoing fires and people there are outraged by the government's inaction.

tew ms us | 7 gennaio 2020

Police arrested 183 people for lighting bushfires across Queensland, NSW, Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania in the past few months. NSW police data shows 183 people have been charged or cautioned for bushfire-related offences since November 8, and 24 arrested for deliberately starting bushfires.
Queensland police say 101 people have been picked up for setting fires in the bush, 32 adults and 69 juveniles.

https://theothermccain.com/2020/01/07/australia-arson-fire-crisis/

jimglas | 7 gennaio 2020

why would that many people be lighting fires?
it makes no sense

tew ms us | 7 gennaio 2020

The key phrase is "charged or cautioned". Those cautioned were most likely not arsonists but dumb to be setting fires in hot, dry, windy, weather. A lot of the charged were probably not arsonists either but disobeyed bans on setting fires for any reason.

andy.connor.e | 7 gennaio 2020

The short shorts are getting awfully short

jimglas | 7 gennaio 2020

they are filling their shorts about now

finman100 | 8 gennaio 2020

"all cylinders firing" is kinda antiquated. maybe all armatures are hot or all cells are flowing, idk. all rotors are activating. all magnetics are fluxing? I'm no good at these...

Earl and Nagin ... | 8 gennaio 2020

@finman,
"all cylinders firing" is no different from quaintly referring to the 'ponies under the hood'. I think we should use these archaic terms with reminiscent fondness about how things used to be but as reminders about how things have improved so much.

Ross1 | 8 gennaio 2020

In Aus myself.
A friend had a fire reignite in a tree stump after two months of "being out".
Not all fires are arson, but many are foolish, while my friend's was perhaps ignorant, or unlucky.

TranzNDance | 8 gennaio 2020

Tesla's phone icon harks from the 1800s. Talk about antiquated.