Forums

Service

Service

How does someone get around the obstructive hurdle of accessing service. The repeated can't do answers I get. Just purchased a Model S and am unable to obtain a 220 adapter. The one person I spoke to suggested trickle charging or go to a supercharger. The service centers apparently have the adapter I need, but I need to go to the service center to pick it up. What has happened to Tesla Service? Where did it go?

EVRider | 7 gennaio 2020

Not sure which adapter you're looking for specifically, but unless it was supposed to come with your car and didn't, can you order it from Tesla online store? Failing that, are you too far from a service center to go get it there? Not sure what you're expecting them to do for you.

Bighorn | 7 gennaio 2020
barrykmd | 7 gennaio 2020

"What has happened to Tesla Service? Where did it go?"

It ceased to exist 2-3 years ago.

TeslaTap.com | 7 gennaio 2020

If they told you the service center has the adapter, why don't you go buy it at the service center? No appointment is needed.

murraypetera | 7 gennaio 2020

+1 @barrykmd

masmadi | 8 gennaio 2020

14-50 NEMA adapter is sold out online at Tesla.

TonyB.C120 | 9 gennaio 2020

The NEMA 14-50 is supposed to come with the vehicle. If you didn't get one, you should contact (phone) the dealer and ask them to send you one.

TeslaTap.com | 9 gennaio 2020

@TonyB - I'm fairly sure during sometime last year the 14-50 adapter no longer comes standard.

@masmadi - Even if sold out online, often service centers have them in stock. Not always, but worth checking. As a bonus, there are no shipping charges.

Anthony J. Parisio | 10 gennaio 2020

TeslaTap.com is right. However many service are out of stock.

iTesla | 10 gennaio 2020

I have an extra one that you can have. How do you contact someone?

reed_lewis | 10 gennaio 2020

There are no shipping charges when ordering from the Tesla store.

nateross1 | 10 gennaio 2020

keep looking on Tesla.com......I looked 12/31 when I bought my 15 S & it was out of stock.....a few days later it was back in stock and I ordered one.

nateross1 | 10 gennaio 2020

keep looking on Tesla.com......I looked 12/31 when I bought my 15 S & it was out of stock.....a few days later it was back in stock and I ordered one.

TeslaTap.com | 10 gennaio 2020

@reed_lewis - Thanks, I haven't bought anything for a while online. Tesla used to have fairly hefty shipping charges.

GoldAK47 | 13 gennaio 2020

Theres a new website that probably has it. Its called "ebay". Just yahoo it.