Forums

How long did it take?

How long did it take?

How long did it take to do the deposit?

Was the store adequately staffed to handle the line?

How long did you wait in line once the store was opened?

chris | 31 marzo 2016

Ordered my in Melbourne, Australia. I arrived 1.5 hours after opening and waited only 5 minutes. The reservation process was very efficient and took another 5 minutes.

kjhayes07 | 31 marzo 2016

I placed my reservation in the Knutsford (Manchester) UK store. I was first there waiting for the store to open.
The store team were excellent, took about 2 minutes for actual reservation and I got a ride in a Model S too!

premierm | 31 marzo 2016

At the Westchester Mall in White Plains, NY there were about 50 people in line 1.5hrs before opening. Once they opened the doors there were more than 100 people in line, and the reservation process took about 3-5 minutes.

Ruby110 | 31 marzo 2016

About 2 minutes.
Yes.
One hour

danCE | 31 marzo 2016

At Highland Park, IL, there were more than 200 people in line when the doors opened. They had 5 stations taking reservations. Once I got up to a person, it took about 3 min. The line moved very quickly.

gnbrudner | 31 marzo 2016

At the downtown Chicago store, I got into line about 8:40am. They started bringing people in right at 10am. I was in and out in about 8 minutes, $1K lighter!

KP in NPT | 31 marzo 2016

Dedham, MA. Arrived at 6:15, #17 in line. I was finished and out the door at 10:10. About 200+ people waiting by the time I left, with more people pulling into the lot. (they had to direct traffic since there were no spots!)

mb30 | 31 marzo 2016

Manhasset LI - Arrived ~630 am - 13th on line. Left the store around 10:30. Actual reservation took ~2 mins. The servers crashed on Tesla's side right before i was about to put my reservation in so we waited around for about 5 minutes before they fixed it.

mb30 | 31 marzo 2016

sorry forgot to mention - When i left there was still 100+ waiting. The last count we had before going in was 113, but the line grew more since that last count. If i had to guess i'd ballpark around 150 in the early hours.

dhelmly | 31 marzo 2016

Washington DC K Street location. Got their about 90 minutes before store opened and was #22 in line. It grew really fast to about 250 by 10am.The process took 2 minutes. I checked MyTesla account and saw my Model X and Model 3 listed. - BTW - they also handed out water and cookies.... (to keep people from getting cranky..)

Well done K Street Location !!

Bitjockey | 31 marzo 2016

Arrived at 9:40am Toronto Yorkdale, took three hours. Got water and cookies too. Looking forward to our second Tesla. At peak the line was 400 people long.

TaoJones | 31 marzo 2016

Arrived 0600 at Palm Desert, CA and was 6th in line. The first 3 had arrived last night.

Took 5 minutes once in - was out the door at 1007. That was worth the extra bit of driving from LA County given that there were 80 people in line at Santa Monica at 0530 and 40 at Burbank at 0530. Besides, it's a nice drive to the Palm Springs area.

There was one dbag who showed up at the front of the line at 10am claiming to have an appointment. They fit him in at about 10th in line. There were close to 200 people in line when the doors opened.

Staff scanned the credit cards but manually keyed names and address info instead of scanning it from the driver's license.

Was told I'd receive an email tonight which presumably will have the reservation number. Perhaps it will appear in my account first. The credit card pending charge appeared immediately, at least.

ColonyGolfer | 31 marzo 2016

Dania Beach FL...Arr at 10:15am, #200 or so in line. Got in door at 11:20, 4 locations taking info, name, cr card #, etc. Out at 11:25, 50 people left in line. Smooth

Shesmyne2 | 31 marzo 2016

Arrived 7:45 at Burlingame. Was about #160.
Swiped and done by 11:15
Line was roughly 445

STILL GRINNING ;-)))

Shesmyne2 | 31 marzo 2016

BTW-Staff was FANTASTIC!
Handed out water, pretzels, cookies along the line.
Very efficient getting everyone in.

Still Grinning ;-)

stephen.kamichik | 31 marzo 2016

Arrived at 9 AM at the Montreal SC. There were several hundred people in line. I stood for two and one-half hours in the pouring rain. Finally reserved a Model 3 to keep my Model S company. The Model 3 is for my wife. Most of the people in line were NOT Model S or Model X owners. Several gentleman asked me about my Model S. This is history-thousands of people around the world lining up to reserve a car sight unseen.

tcooper185 | 31 marzo 2016

Charlotte: Brother and I were about #135 in the line, at least 200 total. Took us 2 hours from doors opening until completed reservation. We got in line about 9:25.

buickguy | 31 marzo 2016

At Sunnyvale, CA the line was at least 500 strong. I was #290 in line, which meant that I waited for about 2-1/2 hours. The actual reservation process took under 2 minutes.

cynika | 31 marzo 2016

Stanford's line was down to zero by noon.

SigmaBing | 31 marzo 2016

2 minutes - name, address, email, phone, credit card
yes
15 seconds

went in over the lunch hour after the morning rush. now the real wait begins.

NumberOne | 31 marzo 2016

Tysons Corner, VA I waited in line for about 75 minutes and when I was done there were about 60 people left in the line. It took about 60 seconds to complete the transaction. All about how fast you type!

Tysons Corner, VA I waited in line for about 75 minutes and when I was done there were about 60 people left in the line. It took about 60 seconds to complete the transaction. All about how fast you type!

Now I know what happens if you click save and nothing happens, and then click it again and again...

niunio | 31 marzo 2016

North Chicago - arrived 45 min after store open. In line about 50 people. 2 minutes on the computer and I walked out 45 minutes later (charged my Model S at the same time)

F_T_K | 31 marzo 2016

Eden Prairie, Minnesota. Arrived two hours before the store opened, got to the reservation desk 55 minutes after opening, number 82 in line. Actual reservation process took less than three minutes. Store was fully staffed and everyone was very friendly.

I'm crazy exited to finally join the Tesla family.

kesschris | 31 marzo 2016

I was also at the Eden Prairie, MN location. Got there at 10am (store open) and the line was 200+ people deep. Took 3 1/2 hours to make the reservation which didn't take long at all. Staff was great.

jhlever | 31 marzo 2016

We got to the Boston store at 10 am. About 100 in line. Waited 40 min and the reservation took less than 5 min. The staff were great - well organized and friendly. We came back after lunch and just chatted tech about the cars. Really a great experience. How's that for buying a car!

EESROCK | 31 marzo 2016

At the San Diego UTC mall, my husband was there at 6:15 am. There were already 150 people waiting, and the line kept growing. It took 2 hours for my husband's turn. Then it was just 2-3 minutes for the reservation to be taken. There were only 3 stations to process the reservations which were definitely not enough. When he left the store there were about 450 people waiting in line.

kesschris | 31 marzo 2016

Correction: Took 3 1/2 hour to get through the line. Reservation only took a couple of minutes.

SD Supercharger | 31 marzo 2016

San Diego UTC --Arrived at 5:30, out at 10:45. At 5:30 I was 75 in line, by 10 am line estimates around 600. Donuts, and water handed out---and a strong showing at Starbucks (in the path of the line) early this morning when it was a frigid 48 degrees F in La Jolla

landude | 31 marzo 2016

2 hours in line at King of Prussia and had reservations in minutes..
Amy other location have a Solar City booth in front of the store?
It was a great idea, people were signing up....

JeffreyR | 31 marzo 2016

Santana Row, San Jose, CA
7AM was ~150 in line w/ 210 reservations in front of me
Line had ~700 reservations (~500 people) when the store opened at 10 AM
It took me an hour to get inside and two minutes to do the reservation
Line was still wrapped around to the back of the store when I left at 11:40 AM.

Staff was friendly, and kept asking if people had questions. They served bottled still water, mineral water, and if you arrived early enough, some cookies.

Read the details here:
"The Wait Begins: What it was like at Santana Row this morning"
https://forums.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/wait-begins-what-it-was-sant...

damienjmiller | 31 marzo 2016

Ordered from Edinburgh, Scotland this evening whole process took a few minutes an there were no lines!

damienjmiller | 31 marzo 2016

Ordered from Edinburgh, Scotland this evening whole process took a few minutes an there were no lines!

ssarker | 31 marzo 2016

Skokie, IL. About 50 or so people ahead of me when I got there around 9AM. The staff came out several times to take a count. Around 80 people by 930 AM. Only 2 people taking reservations. I was out the door by 1030 AM.

archvillain | 31 marzo 2016

Over 500 in front of me at 10am in Corte Madera, CA. It took about 3 hours. The staff brought us all cookies while we waited :)

I was thinking there were enough dealerships in this area that the line wouldn't be too long, but apparently not.

Madatgascar | 31 marzo 2016

About 3 hours in Pasadena. I left at 2:30 and the line was still a block long.

TSLA4Tesla | 31 marzo 2016

Woodland Hills, CA. I drove there in the morning in my Model S around 10AM! The line was so looong, around 300-500 people, I decided to go straight to work! Came back around 1245 hoping for a shorter line but still 100 some people! I was surprised to see this much interest in a car that we all know very little about and which has around 2 years of wait ;) I am sure Apple and Google executives are thinking to get into this moment looking at the interest in M3. Waited in line for an hour. Reservation was quick! He asked me if I wanted to book one more in general quota, I thought for 10 seconds and booked 2! Hahaha.. probably the best day for Tesla stock (and probably the company) is Today or is over next 2-3 days IMHO. Probably this can match Tulip bubble few centuries ago..

Lavw5670 | 31 marzo 2016

Woodland Hills, CA also....... at 3pm on the way home from work ! 10 mins in line and 2 min. transaction. Glad I didn't take a day off for this.

rubberducky | 31 marzo 2016

San Diego, UTC. 8:30am arrival was number 229 in line, by 10am there were about 1000 people there. Was out by 1pm. Met some incredible people in line and really enjoyed the experience, I went to interact with the community!

gwolnik | 31 marzo 2016

I got to the Sunnyvale store around 7:30am and was 159 in line (they passed down a numbered signup sheet.) At 8am, they opened the door and created a separate line for the 2 restrooms inside, which both had hand-printed signs saying "unisex." There were at least 500 people total outside by 10am. I got in the door by 10:40am and it only took a couple of minutes. There was free water and cookies afterwards (as if we just gave blood!) Later this afternoon, I drove by around 2pm and there seemed to be about 50 people in line outside. My guess is that store may have had about 1000 people today.

solard532 | 31 marzo 2016

@gwolnik nice writeup. 50 peeps in front of me at 6AM when I showed up, about 3-4 tents. about 100 when my coworker showed up a bit after 7AM. Then some drama in front of the line - something about a couple allegedly setting up tent the night before, going home, then coming back in the morning LOL!!! By 10AM there was around 300 ("official" report was 350).

Very quick process inside and the roadster, S, and X were on display. Free water but no cookies =(

dannieboiz | 31 marzo 2016

I arrived @ Santana Row Store at about 9:35-ish, I was number 580ish, some random guy was just doing a head count wasn't anything official. I left the store at almost 12:30 reservation for 2 took less than 2 minutes.

JeffreyR | 31 marzo 2016

@dannieboiz
I was taking a reservation count not a head count. I should have done both! That corner behind you was at 650 at 10am. You can read the details in my Wait Begins post.

solard532 | 31 marzo 2016

@danniebiz wow seems like I made the right decision by driving up to Fremont! I live by SJC so santana row would have been about 5 minutes closer.

Cal Okie | 31 marzo 2016

Costa Mesa, California store - went this AM and line was too long. Came back at 5pm and walked straight thru - no line.

Haggy | 31 marzo 2016

Certain parts of California have laws or proposed laws requiring single stall restrooms to be unisex. I think it's pointless to make one gender wait in line when there's an empty single occupancy restroom.

Pages