Forums

Getting_Tesla_Africa

Getting_Tesla_Africa

Hello Sir,

i really want to order a Tesla 3 when it will be released but seems like we don't have Tesla superchargers yet in Africa, so i want to ask you if:
1- is it possible to order it being in Africa?
2- is there a plan to install superchargers in Africa like Tunisia?
3- Can i order a Powerwall for a house and charge the Tesla by myself and how much it costs?
4- Otherwise how can i get a Tesla model 3?

Thanks,

dsvick | 26 luglio 2016

Go to the Model 3 reservation page (https://www.tesla.com/model3/reserve), if your country is listed as an option then you can reserve one.
You don't need superchargers to charge the vehicle, a normal 120 or 240 volt outlet (or whatever is standard in your country) will work just fine. The superchargers are mainly to enable long distance travel.

NroGarA30 | 26 luglio 2016

Thanks for your answer, i can't find my country on the list, does it mean there is no hope to get it?
Is there any future for African countries, or can i get it in another country and just import it to mine?

dsvick | 26 luglio 2016

At this point, if your country isn't listed I'd contact Tesla and inquire. They should be able to give you more info on future sales plans and import/export possibilities.

Rocky_H | 27 luglio 2016

These questions like "is there any hope" or "is there any future" are clearly yes...eventually. It's a matter of time. Tesla is still a very young company, and they can't be everywhere yet. To support a country, they really need to support it. They would need to have stores, and more importantly, service centers. They just have not gotten to every country around the world yet, and that may still be several more years until they start to establish a presence in Africa. You can always choose to buy one of their cars from another country and import it yourself; many people have done that. But you would be voluntarily taking on all of the difficulty and hassle of dealing with no Tesla resources in your country.

warren_tran | 27 luglio 2016

Your best bet is try to reserve one from the nearest country. Hopefully, within the next 2 years, they can open a location closer to your current home.

warren_tran | 27 luglio 2016

I think Egypt is probably the closest country you can get Tesla.