Forums

Tire pressure monitor on instrument panel?

Tire pressure monitor on instrument panel?

I've seen a few videos that show the 4 tire pressures on the instrument panel on the right. For example at 0:05 of this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbL5V-rnHas. I couldn't find any instructions in the manual. Does anyone know how to enable this? Thanks!

lilbean | 15 giugno 2017

You hold down the right scroll wheel and then scroll down to car status.

lilbean | 15 giugno 2017

Actually, I don't think you have to hold down the wheel. You press it and the options will appear. Then scroll down to car status and press the wheel again.

mzero | 15 giugno 2017

Thanks a bunch lilbean. I got it to work. The button on the left also does the same thing for the left side of panel. I went back looked at the manual again and sure enough it was there. I was expecting it under Tire Maintenance section but I was wrong.

lilbean | 15 giugno 2017

You're welcome. :)Yes. It is deceiving. I would not expect tire pressures to be under car status.

tezzla.SoCal | 20 giugno 2017

You'd think it should be able to put the tire info on the 17" screen.

lilbean | 20 giugno 2017

It won't even read the pressure unless the car is moving. It's worthless when you are trying to pump air. I have a digital guage.

TeslaTap.com | 20 giugno 2017

Good info libean!

The tire sensors (in all cars) use as little power as possible to extend the tiny battery's life in each sensor. The data is only sent when needed (i.e. tire pressure going low) or periodically as an update. These updates are much further apart when stopped than when you are moving, presuming loss of pressure while driving is a more critical issue to alert the driver. That's why you can't use the data to know when the tire is filled - the car may not get the update for many minutes when stopped.

lilbean | 20 giugno 2017

Thanks, TeslaTap! How long do those batteries last? My hideous minivan was able to show pressures when parked.