Just a little fun to kill the time while waiting for delivery... We all know Tesla is trying to maintain separation between the 3 and the S, so this will never happen, but sometimes you just want a smaller, lighter, nimbler car. The Model 3 interior is nearly identical in size to the Model S, while being smaller overall and 1k lbs lighter, giving it the potential to be an amazing true luxury car with just a few features added. Tesla needed to make compromises in what they offered to keep costs down, but what if they were available as a luxury edition package? What do you think they are and what's the price?
- Powered trunk open/close
- Key FOB
- Self-presenting door handles
- Full color, driver configurable HUD
- Air suspension
- Standard AWD
- Additional dash options to include hardwoods, aluminum, carbon fiber, and piano black, also feature these materials in the doors
- Retractable sunshades in doors and all 3 sections of roof
- Auto defrost side mirrors
- Simulated overhead 360 degree view of car available on screen, a composite from all cameras
- Dashcam recording
- Additional wheel options included, up to 20"
- All colors included as standard
Cost: ~$20k over premium package
This would make it a $60k car without ER, before adding EAP or FSD. It would probably cannibalize 50-70% of model S sales and if the trunk fits a set of golf clubs sideways, probably would be the best selling luxury call of all time.