Forums

White rub marks/scratches on fender flares

White rub marks/scratches on fender flares

Hi does anyone notice any white scratch/rub marks building up on the fender flares above the tires? Mine's just around 2000km and I start to notice white rub marks showing up on the fender flares (the black plastic semi-circular rim) above the tires and specifically around 10 to 12 o'clock position. Thanks in advance

peterlethbridge | 19 novembre 2017

It could be polish. I had a lot on mine when it was delivered. I used a pencil eraser to remove it.

Triggerplz | 19 novembre 2017

That's the FWD rubbing, you probably got it on both sides, I think we all have it and most of us have not looked close enough to notice it. Someone posted about it a few months ago

lilbean | 19 novembre 2017

PM to Triggerplz: The FWD doesn't rub above the tires. :)

Lilbean I'm not sure if the OP is referring to the same location but the FWD rubs on the plastic piece above the tires which is the cause of this mark https://imgur.com/a/J6lJ6

Oops. My bad. :) I think you're right.

waynecheung.way... | 19 novembre 2017

Thanks everyone for the quick responses. Yup Triggplz is right, I have similar marks on the fender flares but not that deep yet. I first noticed it when I was opening the falcon door without moving out of its way and it just stopped at in front of my face with the flare just at my eye level :).

Yep, I was thinking of the exterior not the part the is hidden by the door. I just didn't think there was someone more anal than me out there. :)

:) lilbean, I didn't want to notice them but they were sticking at my face when the falcon door just stopped before giving me a slap.

@waynecheung, Haha! I try not to look at them. :)

I never noticed it until a few months ago when someone mentioned it.. At first I told him he was wrong Burdogg told him the same thing then we looked at our MX and we both saw it

Thanks peterlethbridge for the eraser trick. I used a soft Japanese eraser and that cleared out all the white marks without leaving any scratches :)

Nice!

burdogg | 20 novembre 2017

Yep - I had to admit I was wrong, that was a rough day :(

lilbean | 20 novembre 2017

Haha! That’s why I sent the PM, in case I was wrong. ;)

Triggerplz | 20 novembre 2017

The OP said the mark is at the 10 to 12 o clock position, mine is quite long I have 9am to 3 pm covered :-)

lilbean | 20 novembre 2017

What about the rubbing on the paint? I have that.

Triggerplz | 20 novembre 2017

I haven't noticed any rubbing of the paint but I'll look again when I go to the garage, Lilbean post a picture of it when you have time, thanks

burdogg | 20 novembre 2017

I will try if I get time, as that is where mine is - the paint - nice round circle, that seems to be pushing in even.