Forums

Loose front driver seat

Loose front driver seat

Anyone else feel like their driver seat is loose? It seems to rock just a taf bit when i brake or accelerate moderately like a bolt is loose or its not locked fully in place.

dmm1240 | 2018年5月25日

I'd take it in for service. Let them take a look.

drsnooker | 2019年2月25日

Yup, has gotten worse over time. Just scheduled an appointment. The mobile team is going to come out and take a look/feel the jolt. I tried to chain the seat position to see if that made it better or worse, but it's about the same, making me suspect the bolts connecting the seat to the vehicle.

kcheng | 2019年2月25日

Safety issue, have a SC look at it.

mcfly777 | 2019年2月25日

Yes! Same here very mild rocking but annoying. I have been delaying the appointment since that’s really the only issue with the car.

lbowroom | 2019年2月26日

Have either of you looked at the seat mounts? I'll confess I haven't checked but typically there's a bolt at each end of the rails. A socket and wrench can save everyone a fair bit of time. I mean, if that's in your skillset.

mcfly777 | 2019年2月28日

Ok just came back. Car stayed at SC overnight. When I picket it up there was no change. I took it back and spoke to a technician, who acknowledged problem and stated that it was very minor, not a safety concern (agree) and he can’t replace the seat under warranty for this. I can’t see why a seat would need to be replaced for this, so I was a bit disappointed that they didn’t fix it. I’ll monitor it and if it gets worse I’ll take it back.

DB1855 | 2019年2月28日

My driver seat as a nasty squeak. When it appears, it’s from every start, stop bump,etc. have an appointment for Monday. Fingers crossed

Carl Thompson | 2019年2月28日

My driver's seat creaks when I make a right turn.

jonabramson | 2019年8月12日

Bought my M3 back in March. Went to SC in April and they ordered a new seat. Still waiting for it to come in. Left another message today at the local SC trying to get an update. It's annoying more than safety as it only shifts back slightly when I do anything more than mild acceleration. Still though, 4 months and no replacement seat yet.

OutOfTheStars | 2019年8月12日

I had a similar issue with 2 days of purchase back in March. SC had to drill a new hole underneath the seat and re bolt it. In my case, I was hearing a creaking sound while adjusting the seat.

neylus | 2019年8月12日

For those with creaking seats... If you have the seat all the way back (max legroom) the rails will squeak. Move the seat an inch or so forward and it may cure the problem. It did for me.

RayNLA | 2019年8月13日

I’m taking mine in for the same thing. My seat rocks and has been getting worse since taking delivery in late April. Very disconcerting to me. FYI the seats are only warranted for 1 year 12k miles. If you have this issue I would have it addressed immediately.

RayNLA | 2019年8月13日

*Update*
After visiting the service department this morning I was made aware that there is a new fix for this seat issue but Buena Park hasn’t received the parts yet. They rescheduled to have it installed in two weeks.
Hope this helps!

calvin940 | 2019年8月13日

"Move the seat an inch or so forward and it may cure the problem. It did for me."

I didn't even need to move it an inch. I literally just nudged the adjustment a touch so that the seat wasn't making contact with end of the rails at the back.

vmulla | 2019年8月13日

@RayNLA,
What are the parts involved?

RayNLA | 2019年8月14日

@vmulla
Sorry, I didn’t think to ask. I’m not certain that the adviser even knew. I will post an update with more details after mine is fixed.

writeonlymemory | 2019年8月15日

I was told the same just a couple days ago - a new pivot bolt replacement part was just released and would be available in a couple weeks.

RayNLA | 2019年8月15日

@writeonlymemory
Thanks for the info!

beachmiles | 2019年8月16日

I need every inch of legrom in this thing at 6'4. I took it in to the SC for the seat movement and noises. They said they torqued the screws and it seemed to fix the creaks. A week later and the creaks and movement is slowely coming back.

writeonlymemory | 2019年8月29日

I can confirm the fix worked for my issue at least: my seat is now rock solid. Easy and fast mobile service.

ramykha | 2019年9月9日

@writeonlymemory - do you have the service receipt for that fix? I have mobile service coming in a few days for a separate issue and want to be able to tell them exactly what you had done so that I can request the same.
I’ve had my entire driver seat replaced and the seat still moves forward and backward with acceleration and braking, respectively.

RayNLA | 2019年9月12日

Update...
I had the new bolt fix installed about 3 weeks ago, and it worked for about the drive home. It’s gotten worse over time. I recently made another service appointment. Keeping my fingers crossed and staying positive for a solution.

beachmiles | 2019年9月13日

I think these seats/ my seats are a tad cursed. With the seat bolts coming loose and allowing movement, the non adjustable headrest that sticks out way too far causing neck pain, the limited tilt range of the seat bottom, and the non perforated hot seats making sweaty backs.

I am looking a the katzin perforated seat coverings, but I may have to get more drastic and just replace the front seats mainly due to the front of the seat not extending our far enough, and the front of the seat does not move up enough which doesn't give me good thigh support

beachmiles | 2019年9月13日

I think these seats/ my seats are a tad cursed. With the seat bolts coming loose and allowing movement, the non adjustable headrest that sticks out way too far causing neck pain, the limited tilt range of the seat bottom, and the non perforated hot seats making sweaty backs.

I am looking a the katzin perforated seat coverings, but I may have to get more drastic and just replace the front seats mainly due to the front of the seat not extending our far enough, and the front of the seat does not move up enough which doesn't give me good thigh support