Forums

10 weeks and waiting !!!!

10 weeks and waiting !!!!

It’s the 10th week since I configured the model 3 and there is no news since then

Can not get through to customer service and the automated system tells me to check Tesla.com or go to the store
The status on Tesla website has not changed in the last 10 weeks and stores tell me that they have no way to check

Is there a different way to check on the status or get through to customer service

kc4129 | 2018年6月29日

I am in the same boat. Called customer service 4 times and was told the same thing that no VIN has assigned and they will give me a call when my car is ready. This is very frustrating!!!

erhuso | 2018年6月29日

You people are the reason that the customer service lines are backed up. Chill out

jbilgihan | 2018年6月29日

What do you mean "You People"?

erhuso | 2018年6月29日

I mean people who are spam calling/emailing/posting/complaining about how it’s been however many weeks and you haven’t gotten a vin. This is probably why they just put 3-6 months for all the new estimates. Spam calling them is not going to get your car any faster and takes away time that could be spent on more important tasks. You’ll get your vin when you get your vin.

jbilgihan | 2018年6月29日

So people shouldn't be able to call the number with customer service questions because you deem them not worthy.

Also - that was a Tropic Thunder joke.

james

erhuso | 2018年6月29日

I’m not saying the question is not worthy. I’m saying you shouldn’t call and ask the same question 5 times. If they say they will call you, then they will. Patience is a virtue.

kc4129 | 2018年6月29日

@erhuso - I wouldn't be calling if Tesla didn't give us that 3-6 weeks delivery window.

s_wilcox63 | 2018年6月29日

People not getting VINs did you order FSD?

kc4129 | 2018年6月29日

@s_wilcox63 - no I did not order FSD

drowningfish | 2018年6月29日

glad to hear i'm not alone. i'm almost at the 9 week mark. i've been told that the VIN is coming, that i have to be patient, but there's no much more they until until then.

jerryk | 2018年6月29日

Just for reference, I ordered a Model X on Feb 24. I received a couple of emails the next day from the person who assisted me with the order at the SC. The car did not change status to "Into Production" until May 12. Picked up May 30.

From Feb 25 to May 12 there was no communication.

jerryk | 2018年6月29日

Forgot one thing. I did get a VIN number in April-ish. But again, no email or anything from Tesla. People on this forum were talking about VIN numbers so I went up and checked on my order and the VIN number was there. No idea how long it had been there.

NESM | 2018年6月29日

I would make sure you filled out all the required information. - registration info, Insurance, license, payment type and whether you are doing a trade in. If all that information has been entered send an email to customer support. That information needs to be completed before they will contact you.

lannym | 2018年6月29日

Configured Wed night, got Vin last night, delivery next 14 days. They are shipping those vehicles that were filling up the lots in Northern Ca. It's been a long wait and now July will be their biggest month by far.

RichardKJ | 2018年6月29日

I heard nothing after my 5/5 configuration until 6/27 when the flood gates opened. I got a call saying the car was ready and I'm picking it up on 7/1.

lee_pereira | 2018年6月29日

RichardKJ : Where are you located and what was your config ?

RichardKJ | 2018年6月29日

Near Fremont which is where I’m picking up. Blue, aero, EAP. Call came from Fremont rather than Las Vegas.

sbeggs | 2018年6月29日

@lee,
Your ship will come in as soon as June turns to July.

lee_pereira | 2018年6月29日

@sbeggs..... I pray that your words come true

hoffman1045 | 2018年6月29日

don't worry it will happen out of the blue. I configured on 4/20 and waited for weeks with no update. I got an email yesturday 6/28 that the car was ready and today I have a delivery date of 7/6...there was never a vin listed on my account.

jerryk | 2018年6月29日

@RichardKJ Congrats and enjoy your new car! Enjoy the Fremont experience. It is a busy place so you will see a lot of cars being delivered at the same time. I picked up my X there at the beginning of the month and there were about 15 Model 3s, 2 Model X, and 3 Model S being delivers at the same time.