Forums

$2500 Deposit

$2500 Deposit

What happens to the non refundable deposit if you can’t get a loan approved anywhere? Asking for a family member. Can it be refunded?

Hypothetically, of course. they should be fine, but does tesla still force you to take the car or else they take your $2500?

Magic 8 Ball | 2018年6月29日

What part of "non refundable" is unclear?

jjgunn | 2018年6月29日

Tesla will get you financing.

I'm assuming your family member of course makes enough money to afford the vehicle & has a decent enough credit rating. (725 or higher)

nbzach | 2018年6月29日

Douwe calm down buddy

I'm fine

What part of "non refundable" is unclear?

Sslnight | 2018年6月29日

The sale agreement states the $2500 is used for many reasons and if you cancel you loose the money. If you buy it is put towards the car. Hope this helps.

lilbean | 2018年6月29日

Lol. He was calm. No caps, exclamation marks, or unnecessary punctuation.

Sslnight | 2018年6月29日

Even more specific from my agreement fine print...

Order; Nonrefundable Order Payment; Changes. Once you submit your completed order, we will locate a vehicle to match your Vehicle Configuration and coordinate the shipment of the Vehicle for delivery. Your Order Payment covers the cost of these activities and other processing costs and is nonrefundable; it is not a deposit for the Vehicle. Any changes to your Vehicle Configuration, delivery location or expected delivery time after the Order Date will be difficult, if not impossible, for us to accommodate. If you want to make changes to your order, we will try to accommodate your request. If we accept your request, you will be subject to a non-refundable $500 change fee and potential price increases for any pricing adjustments made since your original Order Date. Any changes made by you to your Vehicle Configuration, including changes to the delivery location or estimated delivery date, will be reflected in a subsequent Vehicle Configuration that will form part of this Agreement.

qi | 2018年6月29日

They keep the whole $3500. Read this carefully:

https://3.tesla.com/assets/pdf/model3_order_agreement_en_US.pdf

You purchased $3500 worth of paperwork processing. It is not a deposit, it's 'spent' money.

dysruptor | 2018年6月29日

CNBC mentioned that the $3500 is refundable within 3 days of the addtl $2500 deposit. Can anyone else confirm this is really the case? Is there any official Tesla statement somewhere?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/28/tesla-model-3-orders-cost-2500-more.html

w.zhang858 | 2018年6月29日

I put the $2500 deposit this morning, but decided to cancel it. I cannot find a place to cancel and hate it. I think it is reasonable to allow people change their mind in a certain time frame. Tesla, please refund my $3500. I am not ready to buy your car at present time.

@w.zhang

You will have to call TESLA to see how they will handle it.

The language is clear "non refundable" but there may be exceptions.

Flanmansd | 2018年6月29日

"Once you submit your completed order, we will locate a vehicle to match your Vehicle Configuration and coordinate the shipment of the Vehicle for delivery. Your Order Payment covers the cost of these activities and other processing costs and is nonrefundable; it is not a deposit for the Vehicle."

@douwe - there's that pesky "it is not a deposit for the Vehicle" disclaimer again. Specifically says it is a nonrefundable processing fee. I can see where someone would be confused by how this is worded. Does it go towards the cost of the car or not? Legitimate question I'd say. Please take a breath and be kinder before calling someone out on EVERY post submitted to this forum. Your credit rating will go up and opinions expressed by you more likely respected. As it is now, post from @douwe are seen as, "oh, him again. Nothing to contribute"...

Huh, where am I making comments about what the money is used for? You seem to be conflating things.

My message is clear: The wording is "non-refundable"and if you want a refund call TESLA and see what they say.

Jpz18fau | 2018年6月29日

It's very confusing. I have tried to call tesla but they are not answering calls due to the high volume of model 3 orders.

rameshshahfl | 2018年6月29日

@w.zhang.... Call your Credit Card Co. and request to have a stop payment ASAP. Or also they will fight for you. Also, they will have special tel no of Tesla for you to contact and make a request.

calvin940 | 2018年6月29日

I really am confused though about the lack of understanding of the word non-refundable. It is clear.a number of times in that process.

finman100 | 2018年6月29日

do people just willy-nilly click the button to get a Tesla ordered (THAT'S the 2500 bucks), just to see what will happen...after going thru the entire procedure to set options and colors and wheels...not really wanting the car? WTF is wrong with people?

C'mon let's at least use your brain. Or go to another EV dealer and make it happen. I don't get it.

Tesla2018 | 2018年6月29日

My credit card company sent me a text alert after I opened the window to read the disclosures. Then it said I did two transactions for $2500 each and wanted to know if I wanted to accept or decline them.Teslas site said something was wrong, so I did it again.
Then I got a confirmation from Tesla.

Lickily my credit card wasnt charged multiple timed.

Just be careful if you are waiting for the last minute to order and wind up finding out your maximum purchase limit is lower than $2500 or that your daily purchase total would be exceeded because of stuff you already bought that day.

It will also want a copy of your license and insurance csrds.

@Flanmansd writes:

"@douwe - there's that pesky "it is not a deposit for the Vehicle" disclaimer again. Specifically says it is a nonrefundable processing fee. I can see where someone would be confused by how this is worded. Does it go towards the cost of the car or not? Legitimate question I'd say. Please take a breath and be kinder before calling someone out on EVERY post submitted to this forum. Your credit rating will go up and opinions expressed by you more likely respected. As it is now, post from @douwe are seen as, "oh, him again. Nothing to contribute"..."

I still await your answer. Where do I say anything about what the money is used for?
Maybe follow your own advice and take a deep breath.

Where in your post do you have anything to contribute to the subject matter, all I see you doing is calling out other posters. Talk about nothing to contribute maybe look in the mirror.

Shock | 2018年6月29日

If you are even in the same zip code as not being able to get financing for this car it's glaringly obvious that you're financially over-extending. Tell your family member to get their credit better and save up some money.

Rocky_H | 2018年7月2日

Wow, a post from @Shock that is helpful. I am shocked. Thank you, sir.