Forums

Missing parts

Missing parts

Mobile service came out to replace the passenger side window that was scratched at the factory. While the tech had the door panel off he asked if the tweeter up by the mirror had ever worked. I said that I don't listen from that side so I hadn't noticed. The connector was broken off the speaker so he is ordering a new one. I opened the drivers door to check the speakers on that side and he noticed the trim piece at the bottom of the b-pillar was missing. I had never compared the two sides but I had noticed the exposed bolts and tag with QR-code. He is ordering that piece too. It makes me wonder what else is missing or broken.

mazers | 2018年12月12日

I'm pretty sure the muffler and exhaust pipe is also missing. Sorry, couldn't resist.

mazers | 2018年12月12日

*are* missing

CharleyBC | 2018年12月14日

I can't find the oil dipstick on ours. Gotta call Tesla about that...

jordanrichard | 2018年12月14日

Most people get the muffler delete option. It’s real popular.........

TomsModelS | 2018年12月14日

TESLA Model 3 owners have a sense of Humor. My 3 will be here in 5 days. Hope my sense of humor continues. So far so good. Looking forward to a long drive on Autopilot. Thanks for the smile guys.

rpc_in_va | 2018年12月14日

Interesting. Mobile service came out to replace a trim piece on the passenger side door and when he took the tweeter housing off to get the inside door panel off he said the tweeter wire was broken. I was there while he was doing the work, and he showed me. Those wires look pretty fragile. A couple of weeks later the car was at the SC for something else (A/C compressor replacement) and they fixed it then.

Mike UpNorth_ | 2018年12月14日

I'm waiting to purchase until they offer a manual transmission. Automatic is for suckers.

ODWms | 2018年12月14日

Whadya mean waiting? I ordered and received the manual already.

Mike UpNorth_ | 2018年12月14日

You must be a day -3 reservation holder than.

vmulla | 2019年12月15日

Posting here since my car is made around the same time as the OPs car.

One of the bolts under the frunk liner is missing.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ivq4go5cFDGGdN317

Interesting thing is I found an extra bolt in the frunk grocery hook assembly a few weeks ago.

It's hard for me to dismiss others' claims about car's build issues because I've experienced these small things myself.

Magic 8 Ball | 2019年12月15日

The purpose of resurrecting necro threads is what, again?

vmulla | 2019年12月15日

@Magic 8 Ball,
My car has missing parts, just like the OPs.
Did you prefer a new thread?

Seems odd of you not to start a new thread since you seem to start a new thread on everything even if half a dozen already exist, turning over a new leaf?

vmulla | 2019年12月15日

I looked up if anyone had issues with parts missing from the same time my car was made, and I found this thread. I misread and thought the OP was complaining in Dec 2017 (that would be the same time my car was made).
I know that the quality checks on the car have improved over time, and it is often not good to compare against an early VIN car like mine.

Unfortunately for me, my car is out of general warranty. I'm not sure, maybe this is covered under the 8yr warranty? I'll stop by and check at the Service Center. I wouldn't know what else is missing, but still, it will make me feel better if that bolt were put in. Tesla still needs to know about it.

So you noticed parts missing after your warranty period was up? I thought I remember you preparing for warranty to be up, was this an oversight in you inspection? How did you notice the missing parts?

vmulla | 2019年12月15日

@Magic 8 Ball,
This is under there carpet liner in the frunk. I can only prepare so much, like the OP my concern is I have no idea what else is missing.

You must remember all the talk of missing wheel well grommets. I found a plastic grommet missing under the glove box when replacing filter. It is not critical so it is a meh, to me. I am thinking if you have 50K on your car and there is no failure the "missing" part is probably not critical.

The fact is no one knows what may be missing from things they buy, get over the paranoia.

vmulla | 2019年12月15日

A missing part reflects upon the QC done on this car.

Sure it does and you, being a supposed enthusiast supporter, feel the need to share that here for what reason again?

vmulla | 2019年12月15日

I didn't think supporters are supposed sweep issues under the rug. Next time someone complains of something missing, hear them out - I will.

This was bad QC

WW_spb | 2019年12月15日

I had dirty charger when we took delivery of the car! I want my money back NOW!

Really, so they are supposed to come here and alarm others with claims based on incomplete information?

vmulla | 2019年12月15日

There's a missing bolt in my frunk assembly, what more information do you want?

Whether or not it matters before making a public fuss. With 50k on the car it does not seem like it probably matters much, if at all, to me. This seems fishy.

vmulla | 2019年12月15日

For all I know, the bolt was designed to do something and it's just not there.
Would it matter more if my car only had 25k on it? It's still the same missing bolt, right?
I'll keep the forum updated on what happens at the service center.

For all I know it does not matter and I am reading a fishing expedition.

derotam | 2019年12月15日

What is the end game here Vmulla? You also said you "don't know what else is missing"...ok so what do you want, Tesla to take your car apart and put it back together to make sure nothing else is missing?

Why bring this minor thing up...go talk to service and try and get it resolved out of warranty. When you find a critical missing part that hasn't been reported to NHTSA then report it there and then sure, bring it up here.

vmulla | 2019年12月15日

@derotam,
I'm not looking at end games when I share info.

You making accusation of QC oversight but you don’t actually know. More of the same crap.

vmulla | 2019年12月15日

@Magic 8 Ball,
I know there's QC oversight because I see a missing bolt.

@derotam,
I expect to receive a car without missing parts. When I see something missing there's a question in my mind, and I'm not the only one.

You do not know if the bolt is critical or optional. There are locations where people think wheel well grommets are missing but it is quite possible manufacturing determined they are not critical so leaving some out could be SOP. Quit with the uniformed, sky is falling, conclusions based on incomplete information.

Very Fishy.

WW_spb | 2019年12月15日

Vmulla, Thanks God you survived 50k miles driven with missing bolt, screw or whatever. Let's pray you will continue to survive miles to come )

vmulla | 2019年12月15日

@Magic 8 Ball,
You're out doing yourself. Take a look at that picture I shared.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ivq4go5cFDGGdN317

Share your best honest opinion if that bolt was meant to be there or not. I'll get you a nicer video if you'd like.
Let's see if any other car has a missing bolt?

OMG I can't believe you drove 50K with that panel cover bolt missing, I bet they left out all sorts of stuff. You should definitely tell everyone about Tesla's crappy QA based on that.

WW_spb | 2019年12月15日

My bolts are black. Is your car racist?

vmulla | 2019年12月15日

@WW_spb,
:)) I've survived other things as well. I honestly believe that the working guts of the car are top notch. But I also feel there's other things on the car that were rushed. To your point, I've already extracted a lot of value out of my car.

vmulla | 2019年12月15日

WW_spb | December 15, 2019
My bolts are black. Is your car racist?
---
So you checked? :)) 1 bolt or 2?

Your car has been left with service, more than once, how do you know service did not access that panel and accidentally leave the bolt out?

#skyisfalling

vmulla | 2019年12月15日

@M8B,
That's still Tesla.

It is but if service left the part off it does not warrant speculation that parts were missing from the beginning which you claim you were searching for. You are trying to invent a narrative of manufacturing QA and not until I mentioned service did you start shifting gears. It reminds me of you inventing that Tesla created AC stink by breaking software. You may have others fooled, not me.

vmulla | 2019年12月15日

@M8B,
Did you not notice I’m not the only one here that had missing parts? If you want to smooth over issues that’s fine.

FYI. My car also had an extra bolt.
https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/free-grocery-hook-bolt

I have noticed many people whine about things they make up stories about but actually have no clue as to root cause yet blame manufacturing QA as root cause, you are one of them.

This is not a matter of sweeping something under the carpet it is a matter of creating FUD concerning paranoia over a missing bolt and not knowing how it went missing and supporting the FUD with anecdotes found on rumor mills. Disgusting.

vmulla | 2019年12月15日

@M8B, I've not come across anyone who is an apologist as bad as you. You're staring at pics of missing parts, in a thread where multiple owners shared a similar issue.

Let's park all that for a bit, who do you think is responsible for the missing parts shared in these posts?

You are trying to blow another molehill up into being a mountain. I don't know who is responsible, maybe your neighbor stole the bolt. The fact is you have a track record of piecing anecdotes and observations into creating poor assumptions and conclusions. You server no one with your speculation on a missing bolt. You serve the trolls by blaming Tesla manufacturing poor QA without having facts.

vmulla | 2019年12月15日

There's a missing bolt. That's a fact

I've consistently supported Tesla for the right reasons, and have consistently called out Tesla when something is not what it should be. It's interesting when you call me out for FUD when I share a fact - with pictures, in a thread where I'm not alone. As far as serving trolls is concerned, they'll find ways to latch on to anything; does that mean we shut out and not discuss anything that's an issue?

Clearly we have different views on what being a Tesla enthusiast is about, that's ok. I'm about sharing things as they are.

Yeah, I don't think an enthusiast would make up lies that Tesla broke software to make A/C stink nor one that finds a missing bolt after 50K miles and start making a flap about manufacturing Q/A.

Trolls take the thinnest of observations and jump to conclusions that Tesla sucks, it is what they do.

derotam | 2019年12月15日

But you are trying to claim it was missing at manufacture but you can't prove that at this point in time so it is all FUD speculation. If you brought this up soon after you bought the car that would have been more appropriate....now....no.

vmulla | 2019年12月15日

@derotam,
I can only bring it up when I notice it. It's a missing part under the carpet, so yeah it's something that's not easy to notice nor is it something that's one of the common issues discussed on the forum that I was tracking.

You did more than bring it up, you attempt to create FUD with the idea that more things may be missing. There is no basis for that other than the usual FUD anecdotes you try to use as a basis for fact. True troll activity.

Pages