Forums

[PSA] If you tail light is out, auto lane change will not work.

[PSA] If you tail light is out, auto lane change will not work.

For the past couple days after 46.2 update, I was not able to use auto http://movieseriesworld.com/ lane change while in auto pilot. I thought it was some software bug, and even did couple bug reports. I was so confused to why it's not working all of a sudden.

Fast forward couple days. I was picking up my kid from daycare, another parent mentioned to me that my tail light is out. I went to check the car, the passenger side tail light was out. I thought that's probably what's keeping the auto lane change to work. I went on the highway to test out auto lane change, sure enough, I can auto lane change to the left fine, but it would cancel right away if i try to change to the right. The passenger side front blinker is noticeably faster when the rear is out as well.

I thought this would be useful information to share with the community.

Scheduled my first mobile service, let's see how that goes.

SO | 2018年12月13日

Good to know and good safety measures by Tesla.

Since the car knows it’s out, it would be nice to have it display that on the dash.

reed_lewis | 2018年12月13日

I thought that all the Tesla HW2 cars had LED lights which do not 'burn out' But I guess that if the controller is broken, the light will not work.

But that interesting. I am having a different issue in that my surround view is limited because of one of the side cameras failing. Of course it is intermittent and happens randomly. I have a appointment in a week to see if they can fix it a second time.

carlk | 2018年12月13日

Interesting. If the car could know that the light is out maybe it should let you to know that too.

Yodrak. | 2018年12月13日

"Since the car knows it’s out, it would be nice to have it display that on the dash."

Agree.

"LED lights which do not 'burn out' "

LEDs may not "burn out", but they can fail and a small percentage of them do.