Forums

Auto wipers

Auto wipers

Is there any way to increase the sensitivity of the rain sensing. It is a bit slow even on the sensitive setting.

EVRider | 2019年2月12日

No, the two auto settings (low and high sensitivity) are all you get.

BPSoCal | 2019年2月14日

Yeah. Manual is the way to go for me. Especially at night.

thranx | 2019年2月15日

Rain sensor is not one of Tesla's finest moments.

Uncle Paul | 2019年2月17日

My automatic wipers were not all that good when I first got them 2 years ago, but have steadily gotten better as time went by and OTA updates were installed.

Now they work pretty well, and I am satisfied. Imagine they may get even better as more time goes by.

Ohmster | 2019年2月17日

^Don't think the auto wipers have been around 2 years just yet. I'm pretty sure they came in as Beta well after I picked up my car 9/17. But your point about them getting better is certainly correct. I have no complaints.

'17 S75 & X75D: (Uncorked AP2.5 Bio 50.6)*2. Grin on!

Tldickerson | 2019年2月17日

I had auto wipers on my June 2014 P85 from what I remember.

pgkevet | 2019年2月17日

2018MS Autowipers are almost useless at night on unlit roads (I'm very rural). Easter egg whimsey is all good fun but it'd be nice if the programmers sorted out these types of niggles first.

EVRider | 2019年2月18日

@Tldickerson: Pre-HW2 cars had auto wipers using rain sensors. HW2 dropped the rain sensors and used the front camera(s) to detect rain, but it took a while for auto wipers to be implemented.

Tldickerson | 2019年2月18日

@EVRider, that's exactly what I was trying to say but didn't. The new system isn't as good from the reports I've been reading. I was in the auto glass business for over 30 years and rain sensors were on almost every make of car and worked very well. Tesla should have stuck with them in my opinion.

EVRider | 2019年2月18日

For what it's worth, the auto wipers on our new Model S and Model 3 don't work quite as well as they did on my old Model S with a rain sensor, but they're not that bad either.