Forums

Is there a way to stop my iPhone playing every time it connects to the car?

Is there a way to stop my iPhone playing every time it connects to the car?

I think this only started happening with v9.

As soon as my phone connects, it starts to play over Bluetooth, even if the car source is set to radio (so I can’t actually hear it playing) and even if it was not playing when it was last connected. I think in v8 it autoplayed, but only when the phone was the audio source.

This means any podcasts I’m listening to lose their position without me realising. And also that when I use Siri I briefly hear the podcast before it fades out, but it keeps playing in the background.

This is super irritating. Any way to stop it happening?

CEYA GAS | 2019年2月16日

Lots of posts on this...

DRFLGD | 2019年2月16日

Are there?

stevenmaifert | 2019年2月16日

Can't speak for an iPhone, but my Android Samsung connects as both a phone and a media source. I took the check out of the media source box on the phone and that did it. Six years with the car and the same phone and this didn't start until V9.

jayarr | 2019年2月16日

same thing happens to me all the time and it's really annoying. I've tried changing any likely settings in both the iPhone and the car - still does it.
It also does it with my wife's phone when she's using the car - if the two of us approach the car, who evers phone it picks up first gets their podcasts or playlist played.

Shesmyne2 | 2019年2月16日

Turnoff Bluetooth icon?

Still Grinning ;-)

EVRider | 2019年2月16日

My old 2016 Model S had this issue (starting with V9). I don't think it was every time I accessed the car, but frequently. My new 2018 Model S hasn't done this yet, at least not that I've noticed. I noticed the issue initially when I saw the media player displayed on my Apple Watch.

So, I guess it's time to upgrade your car. :-)

ak | 2019年2月17日

Upgrading to a new model of car to avoid auto playing audio seems a bit much. Don’t we get free OTA software upgrades? Isn’t that a selling point of the vehicle?