Forums

Updates

Updates

My current software version is 2018.50.6...When can I expect a newer to 2019 levels with new functionality like sentry mode, etc?

EVRider | 2019年2月24日

No one can answer that question. It will come when it comes. Keep your car on WiFi when parked to improve your chances of getting it sooner.

jordanrichard | 2019年2月24日

There are about a bazillion threads on this subject, going back 5 years........

Speaking from 5 years of ownership, there is no rhyme or reason to when people get updates. There is nothing you can do to improve your chances to get an update. Some updates are minor, some are major. Major updates tend to get rolled out slowly to see if there are any unexpected glitches associated with the update. If there are, Tesla will stall the roll out and come up with patches. Right now Tesla is slowly rolling out the “Sentry/Doggy mode” and even Elon Tweeted that it was going to be a slow roll out, seeking people’s input.

Also, not all updates are applicable to all cars. There have been times when I got an update within a week of its release and other times it took 6 weeks.

So, like insurance rates, too many factors involved to give a concrete answer.

You will get the update when you get the update.

Mike UpNorth | 2019年2月24日

You might get is sooner if you live in CA. IMO

jordanrichard | 2019年2月24日

Mike UpNorth, no. In one of the many other threads about updates, there is an owner in CO that has gotten the update, while some people in CA still haven’t got it.

Unless one is part fo the early release beta program, there is no known to us owners, logic to this.

Before anyone asks, I don’t know how one gets picked/asked to be part of the early beta release program for updates.

JDev | 2019年2月24日

@jordanrichard, respectfully disagree. There is a very high probability that @Mike UpNorth is corrrect. Given the combination of factors that there is an apparent epidemic of car/trunk breakins specifically in California, and that the vast majority of TeslaFi recorded downloads of this version so far are in California, if is extremely likely that Tesla is prioritizing providing Sentry mode to California Tesla owners first. Country and worldwide distribution will likely come shortly after..

Magic 8 Ball | 2019年2月24日

You get them quicker when you make sacrificial offerings.

If I'm right that would be a first around here....

So I just downloaded 5.4....sentry mode.....in MN....so I'm wrong as usual :)

M3phan | 2019年2月24日

I’m in the EAP and have never gotten nuttin’ Early.

M3sofarsogreat | 2019年7月10日

I have to stand corrected, I wasn’t receiving any updates and just put my car on WiFi and received one in minutes of commenting to this forum today! Now have V9, 2019.20.4.2! I also see one of the features is for software updates, an advanced feature allows you to receive them when they come out vs when they decide to send them to you.
This is exactly what I would looking for and glad it happened.
Not exactly sure if my placing the car on WiFi did the trick but it appears to be so.

Joshan | 2019年7月10日

yes, you wont get updates if not on Wifi, except extremely important security updates.

jimglas | 2019年7月10日

@M3: that was also my experience. For some reason I never connected my car to the WIFI when I first got it.

M3BlueGeorgia | 2019年7月10日

@Joshan

Whether you get updates over LTE depends on whether you have "premium internet" or not, but even with it, Tesla seems to prioritize a WiFi download.
So SR and SR+ will not get updates over LTE (but critical security updates being the possible exception)

Joshan | 2019年7月10日

I have premium interior. No wifi.... no updates.... unless security.

SalisburySam | 2019年7月11日

@M3sofarsogreat, good result but wrong cause-effect relationship. You got the update but it was clearly brought on by your posting to the forum, not moving the car into a WiFi coverage area. Gotta be really careful about drawing erroneous conclusions. For example, in my case, most of the almost two dozen updates I’ve had happened just after eating granola. Obviously, that was the direct cause of the update. I do eat more granola now as another result.

RichardKJ | 2019年7月11日

I got four updates in June but none yet in July.