Forums

25 mile daily vampire drain since sentry mode update

25 mile daily vampire drain since sentry mode update

Anyone else having this problem? My car has been parked in the garage for a few days since the update (albeit in a tight spot), and draining battery like crazy.

Halbach | 2019年3月16日

Is this with Sentry mode on all the time?

Tropopause | 2019年3月16日

My mid-range Model 3 loses 10%/day (about 6 kWh) with Sentry Mode ON; 1%/day with Sentry OFF. Make sure you have it plugged in or have a descent SOC while parked for several days with Sentry ON, such as at an airport.

emeralda2 | 2019年3月16日

Sounds about right. I typically lose about 10 mi in 10 hours parked in a structure on weekdays (I routinely turn Sentry mode on, as my car has been dinged twice while parked in the same structure!). Low to no nearby activity to trigger recording, ever since I received 5.15 and turned Sentry mode on.

Outdoor temperatures range ~ 55-65F in Atlanta nowadays. Lower outdoor temperature may of course add to overall realized drain even w/o Sentry mode.

Halbach | 2019年3月16日

So, perhaps 200 watt/hr draw from sentry mode being on.

WantMY | 2019年3月16日

Tesla has a lot of job to do with efficiency, not just heaters, everything else sucks big time, lol

Halbach | 2019年3月16日

I saw a ranking of EV efficiency and Model 3 was at the top. If you don't want battery conditioning and balancing you should have bought a Leaf.

Cjhorist | 2019年3月16日

So I should be toggling sentry mode on/off based on my parking location? I guess that makes sense, but seems like a hassle. Wish the feature was a bit more clean.

apodbdrs | 2019年3月16日

It is more like you have to enable sentry mode, and it will stay on until you decide you want to turn it off. I certainly would not want it on inside my closed garage. Not a problem as I see it, turn it on when I feel there is a risk.