Forums

fsd what will price increase to?

fsd what will price increase to?

I have a 2018 75D with EAP. right now I can buy FSD for 2k. price supposedly will go up tomorrow, but how much. if you purchased EAP will it be 3k, or 5k. I just hate spending 2,000 for the hope of something in the future. it sounds like some people bought it 2 yrs ago and are still waiting. does anyone have any insight on what the increase will be?

Anthony J. Parisio | 2019年3月17日

I feel you are looking at it all wrong. I planned on buying it down the road for $4000.00. This is what I understand when I bought the car. $2000.00 is a real bargain to me. I bought it before it goes up again. I feel lucky and grateful.

EVRider | 2019年3月17日

I’ll tell you tomorrow. :-)

pgkevet | 2019年3月17日

I'll worry about it if it ever starts working. It might be free by then...

redacted | 2019年3月17日

It seems to have varied in the past, I've found prices of $3000 and $4000. I ended up buying now. For two cars. Here's hoping it comes out, at least in part, this year.

buickguy | 2019年3月17日

For $2k it is worth the gamble, although I am expecting something -- a little something -- by the end of this year. Until then, I doubt I will see any changes over my EAP.

rweissman | 2019年3月17日

I canot figure out how to buy the FSD upgrade. The upgrade appears on my Model 3 "managing your car" section of the Tesla website, but not on my Model S section. My local showroom said to call customer support, which I did. Kept getting directed to the wrong people. Finally got through via chat and "Stephanie"--who ultimately "hung up" on my chat session, said that I could only buy it "on the website or via my car's information screen." I tried to explain that the website shows nothing and that there's no "buy" area on my screen. The "no buy" on the website was verified by my local showroom. Neither they, nor "customer service," nor anyone else I've contacted can tell me how to order the FSD upgrade on my S. Local showroom people were helpful but they, too, were frustrated. And the online customer service folks were less than useful. Does anyone know how to buy FSD for a Model S (late 2017 model 90 with autopilot 2)?

Ohmster | 2019年3月17日

I purchased two FSDs this weekend. I either saved $2k, $4K, $6k (based on past previous options) or blew some portion of $4k.

‘17 S75 & X75D: (Uncorked EAP FSDAP2.5 Bio 39.6)*2. Grin on!

EVRider | 2019年3月18日

@rweissman: The option to buy AP or FSD should be in the Autopilot Options under Shop, on your vehicle page (click on Autopilot Options to see the options). Of course, if you didn’t buy already, I assume you missed out on the discount by now.

Loc_Nguyen | 2019年3月18日

I just bought 2k FSD minutes ago. Fingers crossed that HW3.0+ upgrade will be free because of this purchase.

When I bought my car, it was $4K after delivery. Later they raised FSD price to $5k, I was pissed. I emailed Tesla and they basically said “deal with it”. So I pretty didn’t want to purchase FSD at this point... until Tesla made “pricing mistake” for FSD at $2K.

2015P90DI | 2019年3月18日

@rweissman - Discounted price is good until Midnight tonight. Not sure which time zone. Go to your Tesla account. Click on manage for the car you want to upgrade. Below "Software Updates" should be a box titled Auto Pilot Options or Upgrades. Click on that and it should take you to the page to purchase for $2,000. If that box is not there, click on "View Details" for your car. Under Enhanced Auto Pilot will be "Full Self Driving" if you already have it. Hopefully that works for you. If you want it, today's the day, being the price will likely double tomorrow. On the flip side, buying it today gets you nothing over what you already have with EAP. $2,000 is certainly a cheaper gamble than $3,000 or $5,000 or $7,000. For those that can afford it, I guess it might be worth the gamble if you know that you're keeping your car for a few more years.

garyjtate | 2019年3月18日

Umberto.vitiello..... exactly

EVRider | 2019年3月18日

@2015P90DI: The web page layout you describe is the one for Model 3, which is different from the Model S layout. There’s no vehicle details link for Model S, and the Software Updates is one of the training videos, which don’t appear on the Model S page. In both cases, you buy the option under Autopilot Options under Shop, and for Model S, the only way to know you already have FSD is the fact that it’s no longer offered as an option.

Blackbetty | 2019年3月18日

thanks for the input guys. In the end, I pulled the trigger on fsd for 2k. hopefully we will get something this year.

Hammonddave | 2019年3月18日

Just pulled the trigger.... For $2000... Why not?

Umberto | 2019年3月19日

I did not see any price increase today ... here's why:

Tesla’s Slight Price Hike On Vehicles Has Been Postponed Until Midnight Wednesday - RTRS

Umberto | 2019年3月19日

From TESLA:

"Due to unusually high volume, Tesla was unable to process all orders by midnight on Monday, so the slight price rise on vehicles is postponed to midnight Wednesday"

apaley5 | 2019年3月21日

Wow—went up to $7,000 for fsd..should have pulled the trigger for 3k

Anyone have this issue? I bought eap 2 weeks ago for the reduced price of 2k...said it would work in 2-3 days—here I am almost 2 weeks later and it still not updated my vehicle...Tesla says it could be a few more weeks..not cool to say “2-3 days” imo..had long drive planned this weekend

EVRider | 2019年3月21日

@apaley5: What you bought 2 weeks ago was probably the new basic AP, not EAP. EAP is no longer available and wasn’t offered for $2,000.

Are you sure you didn’t get AP already? I believe it’s disabled by default, so you have to enable it in your settings.

braca | 2019年3月21日

I paid $5K for EAP when I bought my MS on 12/21/18.
Since the purchase, it was always 3K to add FSD in my portal. Then it recently went down to 2K.
Now as of this morning its 5K..

???

rsingh05 | 2019年3月21日

@braca - Wow that's a big jump from the $ 2K discounted price. However, it is consistent with what Elon said recently. When I purchased EAP with my 3P in November, the FSD price was $ 5K if purchased after delivery ($ 3K only if purchased with the car). At some point they dropped it to 3K after delivery, and then 2K after delivery. Now its back to what it used to be originally. Not what Tesla needs to drive widespread FSD adoption but what all the whiners asked for.

apaley5 | 2019年3月21日

EVRider—you are correct—it is the basic autopilot I guess..the only other thing to buy was the FSD which was additional 3k..it is now 7k which is a huge jump

My guess is Tesla just needed an inflow of cash this quarter

That basic autopilot was 5k when I bought my model S 75d on 2/25/18—I saved some $$ I guess —-I don’t do much highway driving so it didn’t make sense at that higher price

I just couldn’t pull the trigger on fsd for technology that will not be legal for many years (though autopark and summon are cool)

jjgunn | 2019年4月13日

Link https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1117118581865476096

Upgrades commencing "in a few months"