Forums

Dead PowerWall 3+ Weeks and counting -- Poor response from Service

Dead PowerWall 3+ Weeks and counting -- Poor response from Service

I was all along TESLA customer since 2012 and currently own following TESLA products, Tesla Model S (Traded) , Tesla Model X, PowerWall, Solar PV. Now my POWERwall is DEAD and waiting for repair.

An issue occurred with PowerWall & failed to charge from SOLAR PV, Spoke with a representative and was told a part need to be replaced & was assured a technician would arrive in 5 to 7 business days. Unfortunately nothing happened for a week. I started calling them for the past 10 days on a daily basis and was hearing same response "We are waiting on Spare Part to be shipped from warehouse to Local service" . I have asked for escalation and attempted to reach Supervisor or senior personnel , Initially they refused to transfer to Supervisor and Yesterday (Mar'18th ) I insisted for a supervisor. I was told he was on another call and would call back , Nope , No callback as of today.

I had no choice, but to call back today again, I was informed today, That they are placing another order for the replacement part and shall call back to update ETA .

Had been a long time TESLA supporter and consumer. I feel i got betrayed !!

I am looking out for other options & also inquiring how to reach out to executive team . Any leads from forum members is highly appreciated .

Thanks
Sk

Tesla-David | 2019年3月19日

Very sorry to hear your story, and agree it is not acceptable that they have not provided a remedy to fix your PW2 problem. I would write a letter to Elon Musk. A top down response from EM would get you a response. I let them know that was my intention last year when Tesla-Energy failed to respond to my 3 long year PW2 installation request. I promptly got a supervisor call back and got my installation soon after. Not acceptable to have customers treated this way. BTW Tesla-Energy reads and monitors the Tesla forum, and I got an email from them last week thanking me for a positive post I had made regarding our PW2 installation last June. Fortunately our PW2’s have operated flawlessly over past 9 months. Good luck and report back on your progress.

sreehyd | 2019年3月19日

Thank you, Yes, I will be reaching out to EM as well. I have all details captured during past 3 weeks of followup. This was done based upon from past several of bad experiences with powerwall team.

Also , its sad to see team @PowerWall lie about calling back, Its second time in a row happened .

tomski | 2019年4月5日

I wonder if any other PW2 owner has similar experience (I'm in UK).

I have had issues with the PW since about beginning of February. First, it went offline for a couple of days, after several emails with Tesla, I tried restarting it and logging into TEG signal, no luck. Finally, a Tesla bloke, who was on the way from Netherlands to upgrade Maidstone Tesla Supercharger to CCS in anticipation of Model 3 arriving in UK, came in and simply flipped the RCD switch on the consumer unit for Gateway only (previously Tesla asked me to switch off both the battery and Gateway and then switch it back on again) and lo and behold - it came back to life. He then left and I had a couple of days of PW working properly, then it started malfunctioning again. This manifests itself in app not working and green LED flashing on the Powerwall, instead of being solid or pulsing (I googled that already, flashing means no connection to Gateway). I go to the garage, flip the RCD down and back up and it comes back to life. I must have done it no less than 30 times in the last 6 weeks, sometimes 2-3 times a day, sometimes it all works fine without any interruption for 2-3 days. There is no rhyme or reason and I can't identify any external event that would cause the Gateway to crash. It happens at random times of day or night, regardless of whether the sun is out or not, regardless of whether my LEAF is plugged in or not, literally completely random.

I must admit, Tesla support has been more than useless. Every time I call, they just seem to be reading off a script and they ask me to do a reset by switching it all off and back on. I know it doesn't work, because when I turn off the battery and Gateway and turn them all back on AT THE SAME TIME, it doesn't resolve it. The only resolution that works is restarting the Gateway on its own. Then, Tesla person says - we will refer it to our technical department and then radio silence follows, until I call again a few days later, having restarted the Gateway multiple times in the meantime, and the cycle of advice starts again from scratch: please restart the whole system, I say not it doesn't work like this, they say we will refer it and someone will call you back. No-one ever does, apart from the first line support sometimes calling me back to say they are still working on a solution. New development - on Monday last week, the system crashed again and restarting Gateway didn't bring it to life this time. I know Gateway works fine because I can log into TEG (previously, when Gateway was crashing, TEG network wasn't showing up at all in my devices so I knew it is down) but TEG shows no power flows (needless to say, the app doesn't work at all). TEG interface shows the battery is switched off (green bar says "Start Powerwall") but when I click it, it comes back with an error message. It just doesn't work.

Last week Tesla finally pulled their finger out and upgraded my Gateway software from 1.32.0 to 1.34.3. Obviously, no-one bothered to call me and tell me, I only noticed when I went into my garage and LED strip was pulsing rather than flashing - hallelujah! It worked for about 2 days and I am back to square one - Gateway seems to be working, I cannot restart the actual battery. Emails to Tesla go unanswered for days, I don't bother calling anymore as first line support is about as much use as chocolate teapot.

The company that installed it all (panels and battery at the same time) has actually been very helpful but according to what they say, their hands are tied as Tesla insists they will do all maintenance themselves, remotely from Tilburg. All the other equipment they installed (panels, inverter, cabling etc) all works fine and never crashed once. They have been pestering their own Tesla contacts and apparently they have been made aware that my system software (or firmware) has been updated before I was.

I basically have £8k paperweight in my garage, LED flashing green, system had been completely offline since Monday. EU Tesla support is a bit useless, I would expect them to be able to sort it out by now but their tactics seem to be: ask the client to restart the PW, if that doesn't work promise someone else will look into this and then bury head in sand and hope the client goes away. If a client calls back a few days later, revert back to step 1 and repeat. I have a Model 3 reservation but honestly, this doesn't fill me with confidence at all.

As you can see, I am now a bit of a self-taught PW troubleshooting expert, but as a client, I shouldn't need to know any of that, I shouldn't need to know about TEG, Gateways, Neurio and all the rest of it. There clearly is a fault somewhere, I can't believe that a company run by a guy who sends unmanned rockets into space, which then turn around and land on a droneship in the middle of the ocean, designed a piece of kit which needs to be restarted 3 times a day. There is a fault somewhere - software or hardware, and Tesla support is trying to resolve it remotely from Tilburg.

Has anyone been experiencing the same issues?

snovakov | 2019年4月17日

My PowerWall 2 has been dead for almost three months. I have just posted about this. The support, which I have called so far 7 times promised to call back with an update each time; they never called back, not once. Imagine if the PowerWall was used for off-grid living. The only option left is to move out of the house? Pathetic performance.