Forums

Is Tesla losing credibility?

Is Tesla losing credibility?

Don’t get me wrong. I love what Elon Musk is doing to change the world. Transitioning to sustainable transport, etc... Read his book, would never work for him but I admire what he is doing with the limited ressources he managed to self achieve.

However, he knows that he had reservations for over 400,000 Model 3 and when he announced the SR 2-4 weeks and SR+ < 2 weeks delivery March 1st 2019 and planned the announce of the Model Y on March 14th. Was this a marketing technique to get as much Model 3 deposits converted to configurations possible? I know that the Secret Master Plan has been the goal of Tesla since 2006 and they have been transparent on this since the beginning but why are they not on the time estimates?

We are at a point where Tesla should be autocorrecting the word weeks by the word months of their website. Personally, I can accept that they have repeated delays because I believe in the cause but I have plenty of coworkers who are buying and reserving other brands because of their known reputations they built over time and plan to get the Taycan instead of the X/Y for example.

Am I the only optimistic guy seeing a repetitive trend here? Or am I getting slowly pessimistic without realizing it?

rxlawdude | 2019年4月13日

The short sellers are the real scum, as they literally are betting against and American company and American jobs.

jjgunn | 2019年4月13日

Carl Thompson | April 13, 2019
@jjgunn:
"Why do some American citizens want to see an American car company fail??"

That's not fair. Criticizing some of Tesla's actions is not the same as wanting them to fail. Tesla isn't perfect and has done a lot and continues to do a lot that can be fairly criticized in my opinion. But I still want them to succeed.
----------------
Fair enough... they're not perfect - but people wanting a "refund" because they bought early & AGREED to the purchase price are flat out wrong & ridiculous for even asking.

Every purchase is all about timing. Remember when VHS tape players were $1,500 when they first came out? Yeah - I know none of those early adopters got a refund!

don.lind | 2019年4月13日

With the media filled with so much Tesla-bashing, SOMEONE really wants to see Tesla fail. Maybe I'm not reading correctly, but the stories don't seem to be constructive criticism. They seem to be saying "Tesla is going to die now." That or whining that some price changed (like that's a big deal). Prices change.

I've had zero significant issues with my Model 3 and just got past 6,500 miles. It's a fantastic car. Got 250 watts per mile on a 2,500 round trip to California, which included 'demo drives" for friends (which included some, ummm, acceleration testing). Probably average 70 MPH on the freeway, probably 40% of the drive in rain... With this product and the supercharger network, Tesla should survive just fine. I suspect a little advertising would help get the word out. But that's not my area of expertise. Lower prices are good and will get more people buying. Airline seats change prices multiple times a day. I'll shut up now... :-)

Carl Thompson | 2019年4月13日

@don.lind:
"With the media filled with so much Tesla-bashing, SOMEONE really wants to see Tesla fail."

That's probably true to some extent. But I think a lot of it is that Tesla makes a lot of mistakes and questionable decisions that they probably shouldn't. Plus there's a lot of hype and zealotry around Tesla and there's probably some amount of desire to inject a dose of reality among many in the media (though it's not their job to do that).

jjgunn | 2019年4月13日

Watch any live sporting event (NCAA / NBA / NHL playoffs) this month. How many car commercials did you see?

Ford, GM, Audi, VW, Honda, Toyota, Mercedes, BMW, Jeep, Kia, Jaguar, Porsche

During a news broadcast - same thing.

Hell I even saw an Audi E-Tron commercial & WOW were they pimping the fact it was "fully electric"

These car companies PAY big money to advertise. I assured you they have put pressure on the TV stations to bash Tesla or pull their ad money - plus the TV stations aren't getting paid by Tesla either. It's in their "best interest" to help Tesla fail because why??? MONEY! that they aren't receiving.

I really wish Tesla had run one...JUST ONE commercial during the Super Bowl. All those car companies listed above would've had very tight sphincters.

I also think Tesla is proud of the fact they have zero ad revenue

SO | 2019年4月13日

“I also think Tesla is proud of the fact they have zero ad revenue”

Definitely

Maxxer | 2019年4月13日

@Red

Maybe you’re immune to ads but studies shows that if we repeatedly show a brand through ads for a period of time, the customer tends to inconsiously pick that brand when the time comes to make a choice. Tesla should take advantage of how the human brain works 99% of the time. Not on how M8B brain works, since it doesn’t.

beaver | 2019年4月13日

I should get a “No Ad” bumpier sticker

Tesla will have to advertise and open up more SCs and stores in middle America to make more progress Elon’s goal of electrifying the world

Fan boys nearly tapped out, now they need awareness and education and MOR test drives

WantMY | 2019年4月13日

Tesla could not loose something it never had, lol

ReD eXiLe ms us | 2019年4月13日

Carl Thompson: You don't want Tesla to be successful. You want Tesla to surrender to a 'more traditional' mold that you find more palatable. You want Tesla to abandon Full Autonomy. You want Tesla to sell via Fleet Services, to Rental Companies, and to use 'Independent Franchised Dealerships'... like everyone else. You want Tesla to begin issuing dividends to shareholders. You want Tesla to fire Elon Musk. All points that would undoubtedly lead to the certain demise of the company.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 2019年4月13日

EVolution: Advertising is of no consequence. The more time I have spent on the internet in the past twenty-five years has proven that to me. Banner ads, popup ads, malicious ads, malware, interstitial ads, adwords... All just a bunch of crap that I skip past or block with regularity.

I don't care how many weak minded people 'respond well' to advertisement, just as I don't care how many companies are bamboozled into believing a minimum guaranteed percentage of their annual budget at automotive companies should be spent on advertising, marketing, and promotion. I'm just glad that Tesla isn't among those who have been so hoodwinked. And, that Tesla has refused to be blackmailed or indoctrinated into supporting the enterprise of advertisement.

Maxxer | 2019年4月14日

@ReD

Advertising is of no consequence to you.
But studies show they are of consequence for others. And these others approach the majority.

howard | 2019年4月14日

ReD, product awareness “advertising” in a positive light is essential to a products success. Most Tesla news theses days is negative. While most Tesla enthusiasts see this as blindly positive it is not. For the uninformed/unfamiliar it is simply negative. It does effect buying decisions whether you think so or not.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 2019年4月14日

PART 1: ADVERTISING SUCKS

EVolution: Those 'studies' are by-and-large funded by the advertising firms themselves, and for the past sixty years four-out-of-five dentists have miraculously chosen Crest, somehow. Amazing, isn't it?

And, when it's time to relax, one beer stands clear, beer-after-beer, Miller tastes too good to hurry through... That is unless you happen to prefer Diet Beer, it which case you need a Bud Light or a Michelob Ultra.

The world's happiest cows reside in California, or is it Wisconsin? And no matter where you need to go, a BMW is the 'Ultimate Driving Machine', at least until it comes to fjording rivers & streams, bounding over sand dunes or whoop-de-dos, or spelunking over boulders and mountainous rocks (professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt), and then it's time for a Jeep, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz G-Class, or RAM, GMC, or tough Ford. Did I mention advertising sucks? Repeated, eternal, cyclical, constant, everlasting, never-ending, trite references to craftsmanship, exclusivity, history, attention to detail, heritage, prestige, quality, luxury -- but, don't forget to burn gasoline while your doing it, preferably CHEVRON with Techron, and to burn oil too, either Mobil One or PENNZOIL, or whatever, because it makes engines last... No, none of that should be in the slightest bit annoying, stupid, or propaganda filled.

PART 2: ADVERTISING SUCKS

It is only meant to plant an idea in the subconcious that only certain businesses, those with enough money to advertise, all the time, even between 2:00 am and 7:00 am, can be trusted to sell you knives and kitchen implements 'AS SEEN ON TV!' because that is the true authority on anything and everything. Right? Yeah. If this new-fangled, unproven, fully electric car thing was actually legitimate, trustworthy, available, desirable, worthwhile, then they would tell everyone, everywhere, by advertising all the time, just like 'everyone else', correct? Pardon me, while I call [BOLSHEVIK].

Since Tesla has a valuation higher than Ford or Genneral Motors, then surely they can afford to spend between $3,000,000,000 and $4,000,000,000 on advertising every year, just like they do, in the U.S. alone... Instead of using that dough to erect more Gigafactories... Which is a better use of their available funds? This message brought to you by the AdCouncil.

Remember, the U.S. government says subliminal advertising does not work. And the U.S. government expressly forbids the use of subliminal techniques in advertising. I guess that blatant, obvious, in-your-face advertising methods decided upon by psychologists and sociologists are not actually subliminal at all, are they? Someone has to actually pay attention to realize that print media, radio personalities, and television news are always publishing stories that highlight the dangers of the internet, unless you come to their own website portal, which can be trusted, and is brought to you by Billy Bob Bleuhardt's Big Blue World of Cars -- where you can save thousands on the purchase of a new car, today! No one is supposed to notice that DOW commercials imbedded within YouTube shows for Autoline always feature an animated cutaway of the Tesla Model S running a traditional drivetrain with piston engine up front (no frunk in sight) using a driveshaft to operate the rear wheels for forward propulsion. It's just advertising. It doesn't mean anything. Honest.

PART 3: ADVERTISING SUCKS

In my estimation, when viewed in context, advertising does not work. Advertising obscures. Marketing illuminates.

howard: Lies, innuendo, misstatements, hyperbole, and FUD simply cannot be supported by fact. The notion that a company MUST PAY to avoid negative press is undoubtedly corrupt. If a firm wants to advertise their product line in direct comparison to Tesla's? Let them. They can spend the money as they will. For the news generated by an organization to follow the mandate that 'all news for Tesla must be bad news until they pay us' is simply evil. So, I don't trust any news reports from the Los Angeles Times or the New York Times on any subject because of that rather obvious state of affairs.

howard | 2019年4月14日

ReD, Curious what your thoughts are on the decline in sales? What do you think a company should do to counter act the decline?

jjgunn | 2019年4月14日

Still wish Tesla had done a commercial during the Super Bowl

Carl Thompson | 2019年4月14日

@ReD eXiLe ms us:
"Carl Thompson: You don't want ..."

Thanks for telling me what I do and do not want.

And thanks for filling the forum with the disconnected ramblings of your undisciplined mind. We all appreciate it.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 2019年4月22日

howard: The supposed 'decline in sales' or 'loss of demand' for Tesla cars has been reported as such every year since Q1 2014. Always for the same reason. Because NaySayers refuse to comprehend the notion that Tesla is a growing, but smaller company than their competitors. With only one factory that supplies all markets worldwide, U.S. sales during January/February/March of any given year are bound to seem weak compared to Q4 of the previous year once shipments to foreign markets. overseas begins.

Remember, NaySayers told us that the Model 3 would cause an Osbourne Effect to settle upon Model S. They told us that having a less expensive line of Tesla products would lead to an obvious and unavoidable cannibalization of sales. That was borne by a continuation of the flawed theory there is a 'limited market' for expensive electric cars, a sentiment stated by ANALysts, NaySayers, and Trolls since at least 2012.

Tesla stated a goal of perhaps 20,000 units of Model S for sale each year worldwide with a Production Cycle of Eight years... that was in 2012. Tesla sold maybe 2,600 of Model S in 2012, the year of its launch. They sold around 22,000 during the full calendar year of 2013 worldwide, but built around 25,000. Tesla sold 31,000 units of Model S during 2014, out of around 35,000 built, in 2014. The following year, 2015, Tesla sold 51,000 units of Model S. The entire time, the very same criticisms and doubts were raised by all the same sources, who continued to protest that Elon Musk should be fired, replaced, or at least relieved of his duties.

Remember, Tesla's initially stated Sales goals were laughed at heartily by those ANALysts. They stated it was 'impossible', a 'pipe dream', they called Tesla a 'boutique manufacturer'. They expected Tesla to find a bare minimum of Clients, and to perhaps subsist on that market, much the same way as do smaller exotic car builders who concentrate on bespoke vehicles, and to never attempt, let alone bring about any form of lower cost mass market vehicle at all. They were certain Tesla could only survive by staying high margin, low volume, and concentrating on profitability first. So, they continually advised there was a 'limited market for expensive electric cars', effectively suggesting Tesla would be wise to only pursue that specific limited range of potential customers and no one else.

Tesla announced in 2013 that there would be a mass market car release in three or four years, the first vehicle among their Generation Three cars, and they said it would be produced at 500,000 units per annum by 2020.

Every year, people come to the forums, concerned about reports of slowing sales in the U.S. thinking Tesla needs a 'boost' and assuring us they could and would get it if only they would spend the dough required to advertise. Last year, during 2018, Tesla sold 197,000 units across all vehicles in the U.S. alone. 140,000 of those were the Tesla Model 3. None of those were caused by traditional, paid advertising. Tesla literally would not have sold even one more vehicle inthe past three, four, five, six years by buying advertising.

Not print. Not radio. Not television. Not for New Year's Day, President's Day, Martin Luther King Day, NBA All-Star Game, NHL All-Star Game, NFL Pro Bowl, Valentine's Day, the Super Bowl, St Patrick's Day, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, NBA Finals, Independence Day, Bastille Day, Veterans Day, Labor Day, The MLB World Series, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and every other heavily laden marketing season that occurs throughout the year... and advertising agencies got not a dime of Tesla's cash through any of it. I applaud that.

And I laugh at those who spend willy-nilly and barely sell anything. Interesting how the proponents of advertising never mention that possibility. Instead, if an advertising campaign doesn't seem to work, they suggest you need to spend more money on the next.

Think about it. 2019 is the last full calendar year before the Model S becomes eight years old. Tesla passed the 160,000 unit mark as a sold quantity of the Model S before the end of 2016. Thus, per the plan, the Model S will be replaced next year, in 2020, perhaps in June. And, every Model S that has been sold since 2016 has been pure gravy for their bottom line.

Maxxer | 2019年4月22日

I agree with you Red that advertising sucks
It’s propaganda and misinformation
I teach my kids to find the hidden message and to explain what is the agenda of the company when pushing an ad
However, there is a great deal of people who do not read, do not know about EVs, do not know about global warming, do not know any country above the Great Lakes, that believe that USA is the center if the World, that would respond well to a Tesla ad because they would discover a whole new world of possibilities

thedrisin | 2019年4月22日

@EVolution. The demographic you are describing may not be typical potential Tesla customers, at least for now.

howard | 2019年4月22日

ReD, Marketing and Brand Awareness are essential. Especially when all the average potential buyer hears is bad news or about a CEO out of control. I know you don't see it this way. But Tesla employees, investors and over the top enthusiasts only make up a tiny, tiny slice of the EV market. There is the rest of the uninformed world who need transportation and head over to the local other brands that they are intimately familiar with.

Time will tell, won't it?

calvin940 | 2019年4月22日

@Carl Thompson

"January 24, 2018 was 6 months _after_ the Model 3 first went on sale and nearly 2 years after its launch."

Apologies. I used the term Launch incorrectly. That launch is "announced" rather than any being produced delivered. As for 2017, I think that there were maybe abour 3000 Model 3 vehicles produced for 2017? And weren't they mostly for Tesla Employees anyhow?

My point was that the comment made by Wozniak were made in the Model 3 production/delivery infancy and not after this past year of Model 3. By stating January without a date, it was made to seem as if it was recent/this January and only would be caught by people would decided to follow up on said quote. Others who didn't would assume it was recent and that the opinion was made despite all the headway Elon/Tesla has made almost 16 months after that statement.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 2019年4月22日

howard: That is my point. Time has told the tale of the tape. There was a time when it was simply undisputed that the very best cars in the world came out of Detroit. It was such a well known axiom that it was barely worth stating. Because 'everbody knew' that those tiny, low displacement, tiny, sewing machine engines put together by foreigners were overly expensive hunks-o-junk that were poorly styled and underpowered.

Sure, there were those idiotic automobile journalists who simply wouldn't shut up about how much 'fun' they had driving a Porsche, or Sunbeam Tiger, or MG, or BMW 2002, or Ferrari Dino, or whatever... But those cars cost too much for what they offered, and were guaranteed to be 'in the shop' more often than not. Some practically required their own trailing pit crew to keep running more than a few miles at a time. The obvious fact that American makes out of Detroit outsold EVERYTHING those foreigners could make on a regular basis simply drove the point home.

You could find parts for a Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Chevrolet, Buick, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Plymouth, Dodge, or Chrysler anywhere and you could fix it yourself, anyway you wanted. You could change the oil yourself, tune the car yourself, maintain the car itself, and anyone that was willing to spend a few hours ritualistically sacrificing time, money, blood, sweat, and tears to doing the manly enterprise of tinkering away under the hood every weekend could keep a car running well for decades with ease. A car bought in 1938 was a 'good car' because handed down generation-to-generation it could be appreciated due to the tradition of Grandson, Son, Grandson shared experiences that taught the arcane mysteries of diagnosing, tinkering, and troubleshooting that were essential tenets of automotive maintenance that became a treasured habit for so many.

Then came the fuel crisis of the early 1970s. Already, the cost of gasoline had jumped all the way up from 17 cents per gallon to over 25 cents per gallon a decade earlier, back when 'THEY WERE TRYING TO KILL US'... But this time gas just shot up to over 50 cents per gallon and just stayed there.

It could be accepted that sure, in the desert, in the middle of frickin nowhere, there were some lonely, desolate, vacation road trap 'LAST CHANCE GAS!' spots that overcharged for gas, making somebody rich off the desperation of the American public, but now even local gas stations were charging such rates for the precious substance, a commodity that everyone needed, gouging relentlessly, taking unfair advantage everywhere. And it just kept getting worse.

Inflation began to affect the pricing of other staples, from beer, cigarettes, and coffee to even such necessities as whiskey, cigars, bread, and other foodstuffs. It was all tied to the growing price of gas. And all blamed on the machinatons of OPEC.

So, who could blame a few poor souls for trying out those new, cheap, Japanese cars from Datsun, Toyota, and Honda? They were short, narrow, and kind of ugly, but they worked pretty well as purpose built vehicles used for the daily commute from a home in the suburbs to work in the city. It didn't matter how they looked in your driveway, because no one saw you on the road going to and from work anyway. You could still drive a Lincoln, Cadillac, or Chrysler as your Sunday-go-to-meetin' car, to show off to all your Freinds.

Plus, it didn't take long for Americans to notice... They just didn't burn no gas! So, they had more money to spend on alcohol, tobacco, and their mistresses. Cool.

Then, another surprise came along, after noticing you had gone one, two, three whole months without cracking open the hood. It was amazing. Unless you did something stupid, like putting Diesel fuel in your Gasoline car, those little ugly Japanese cars just... ran. People realized that 'reliability' was a thing, they could ignore maintenance schedules instead of eyeing them constantly or worshipping at the Saturday morning altar of the oil slick in their driveway or garage every single week. It was an unexpected, but welcome change. Even though some folks missed the rituals, and went back to checking under the hood, just to remind themselves there was an engine in the car.

So, when the Japanese introduced slightly larger cars, like the Corona, Accord, and Maxima, a few years later? Americans took notice and gave them a try. It took time, but General Motors went from having a 53% U.S. market share in 1976 to having only a 35% U.S. market share a decade later. A few decades later, and GM filed bankruptcy.

How did this happen? The word used most often is 'attrition'. Yes, there was a time when foreign brands, especially those from Japan, were frowned upon by Americans who didn't trust them, had no experience with them, refused to buy them. My own Dad was a Ford guy for ages, since before I was born. But his last two cars were from Toyota before he died.

Very few people today know about Tesla. Probably fewer than knew about Honda in 1979. Yet those born since 1990 have little to no memory of AMC, AM GENERAL, EAGLE, PLYMOUTH, MERCURY, OLDSMOBILE, or PONTIAC, just as I knew nothing of HUDSON, KAISER, or STUDEBAKER in my youth. I bet they all know of Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and Tesla though.

Time... tells. Every time.

finman100 | 2019年4月22日

It seems every month is truck month (per the television, internet, radio, smoke signals) and yet, I have no truck buying tendencies. huh.

Go Elon!

howard | 2019年4月22日

ReD, Well stated, "Very few people today know about Tesla."

ReD eXiLe ms us | 2019年5月12日

howard: Decades of mega-decibel extra loud extremely obnoxious Toyota commercials certainly don't hide the fact the company sells cars. They took around fifty years to surpass General Motors in annual worldwide production. Meanwhile, in less than twenty years after being founded, Tesla surpassed GM's valuation on Wall $treet -- all without spending a dime on advertising. Advertisers market their own services better than anything else. Before there can be a sucker watching an advertisement, there has to be a sucker that is convinced to pay for it to be produced, printed, aired, or broadcast.

I suspect that this year Tesla will outsell not one, but two divisions of GM. Both Buick and Cadillac combined, in worldwide sales. And, I am overjoyed that Tesla won't have to spend the $3,000,000,000+ in advertising fees that GM has undoubtedly set aside for that endeavor in the U.S. alone. Tesla will instead put their money toward more lucrative endeavors.

The diminishing returns of paid advertising will become ever more apparent to traditional ICE automobile manufacturers as they see steadily declining sales even as they bankrupt themselves by making ad agencies more and more rich. Eventually, they've got to get the clue. It doesn't matter that you are offering the best ICE vehicles you can manage to build, the best ones in your entire history, when a competitor is selling a product that is... BETTER.

As more Family Members, Friends, and Co-workers get more and more butts in seats, especially as the price of gasoline climbs per gallon, no level of formal, paid advertising will be able to match the growth in sales that Tesla will experience without advertising. Without using the services of 'independent franchised dealerships'. Without employing Unions for assembly and labor. All these are financial advantages Tesla enjoys and cannot be matched by unwilling competitors.

Who will forget AUDI, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Acura, Infiniti, Lexus, Buick, Cadillac, Chrysler, Lincoln, or any of the rest exist, simply because they withold funding from advertising firms? Who will declare their unwillingness to buy any product that doesn't support their favorite NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, or NCAA team with advertising revenue? What professional players will go broke simply because Tesla, and no one else among automobile manufacturers, chooses not to hire them as a spokesperson? Really?

SalisburySam | 2019年5月13日

@ReD, apparently something really triggered you going nuclear here. For the record, I couldn’t agree with you more. And thanks for the sidebar trip down automotive memory lane. So I’m both a Tesla and @ReD fan, who knew?

ReD eXiLe ms us | 2019年7月1日

SalisburySam: Yeah. I really hate advertising.

I also hate the 'Sposedtas' that are accepted regularly by what seems to be the majority, without evidence, example, or proof. I hate it when people are too used to responding to genuine queries or valid curiosity with, "Well, how do you know?" in non-sequitur fashion instead of simply answering the direct and pointed innocent question, "Why?" I hate that for many people, those who chose to 'Go with the flow' the ones who decided long ago they would 'Never rock the boat' their only sense of criticism is geared toward 'Preventive Social Maintenance' (that is, maintaing the status quo), ensuring that any proposed changes are always looked upon with suspicion, to putting on an air of disgusted, righteous indignation and erecting barricades to open discussion whenever anyone makes the slightest suggestion that indicates that maybe things could be better if we tried a different manner of doing things.

Basically, anyone whose stance is, "That's just the way it is... Some things will never change..." has declared themselves my enemy for all time.

No. I will not surrender to the status quo. I will not accept what I cannot change. I will not give in to mediocrity. I will seek advancement, change, and progression. Things can be different. Things can be better. Not for the few, not for some, but for everyone. Together.

vmulla | 2019年7月1日

We are TESLA!!!

vmulla | 2019年7月1日

:P
Sorry, got carried away after reading @Red's inspiring last paragraph :))

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 2019年7月1日

@FISHEV,
You are warped on so many different levels. I can’t fathom why you spend time on this forum instead of the Subaru forum. So strange.

lbowroom | 2019年7月1日

So what cars have a better AP implementation?

casun | 2019年7月1日

fishev is always wrong.

lbowroom | 2019年7月2日

But fish, what about the cupholders in Subaru? Were they a better implementation?

sheldon.mike1010 | 2019年7月2日

Fishface: AP is not yet feature complete. Nobody anywhere ever told you it was a mature product..
When they say it's been perfected, then commence your grousing. Until then, you're just another rug-rat whining
"are we there yet?" over and over again. Mouth breather,.

jimglas | 2019年7月2日

Fish is an anti-Tesla, ICE troll, ignore him.

finman100 | 2019年7月2日

so subaru lost a customer...to Tesla? huh. that has to mean something, right?

I mean, looking at all the "features" that "just work" in subaru-land, what have they got for EV selection(s). Oh, none?

well, they might not be around if they can't EV-up, feature complete or not...and, no, I'm not a cowboy.

Go Elon!

rkalbiarEV | 2019年7月2日

Sadly, they have.... and hence the stock price...
Will take some serious work to get it back... but they can... It is possible.

lbowroom | 2019年7月2日

and hence the stock price...

Great timing there rkalbiarEV

calvin940 | 2019年7月2日

lol! Up 8% on news of a record quarter. rkalbiarEV has his fingers on the stock pulse! (◔_◔)

F.vanalstine | 2019年7月2日

Tesla sold 95,000 cars in 2nd quarter (including my Bluebot).!

So much forthe FUDS and short sellers.

Maxxer | 2019年7月3日

@ReD
Have you read Thinking Fast and Slow from Daniel Kahneman? You will love it.
He described the human mind as System 1 and system 2. System 1 which was adapted for jungle survival and is mainly what Fox new influence on the lizard brain. It’s line of work is to believe anything you read first to understand it. Then you have to criticize it and reject it with active brain work via System 2. This is a primal behaviour that is consequence from evolution. That is exactly what ads are playing on. Influencing your system 1 when you are tired after a big day at work listening to TV after 1-2 vers when your justement is altered and your system 2 is not there to actively repulse the misconception automatically accepted from system 1.

This book is incredible.

Nexxus | 2019年7月3日

Once you know how they play the game, and know what they are after, the easier it is to turn the tables on them.

calvin940 | 2019年7月3日

I'd say based on the orders and deliveries, the credibility is just fine thanks very much.

rob | 2019年7月4日

Tesla is the ONLY auto manufactureer that has NOT filed for bankruptcy. Let that sink in...

rob | 2019年7月4日

"Is Tesla losing credibility?"

No, but they are scaring a lot of people.

casun | 2019年7月4日

fishev, that loan program was not part of the automaker “bailout” you’re incorrectly referring to and it had nothing to do with the bankruptcies of automakers like gm and chrysler.

fishev is always wrong.

Xerogas | 2019年7月4日

@rob: "No, but they are scaring a lot of people."
------
Other automakers, in particular.

Pages