Forums

My Summon feature is not working at all.

My Summon feature is not working at all.

My car won’t even pull out of the driveway. I parked it on the street about 100 yards away and tried to summon it. It moved 10 feet and stopped. I have software version 2019.8.3

What update does Enhanced Summon come with?

surfpearl | 2019年4月13日

The Enhanced Summon update is not available for general distribution yet. Coming soon, though.

wiboater4 | 2019年4月13日

100 yards?

EVRider | 2019年4月13日

You said you can’t summon your car out of your driveway, but then said it was parked on the street. Your title says Summon didn’t work at all, but then you said the car moved 10 and stopped. Forgive me if I have a hard time believing you.

casun | 2019年4月13日

if it moved 10 feet it’s not “not working at all”. it probably detected something in its path. read page 81 of the owners manual.

Mwoosley71 | 2019年4月13日

Thank you for those people that are helpful.

Mwoosley71 | 2019年4月13日

For further explanation, I tried to summon the car to me from the garage and it didn’t work. I tried it from the driveway and it didn’t work. I tried it from the end of the street and it didn’t work. I got closer to it and at 100 yards it responded, moved 10 feet and stopped. Thus, I termed it “not working at all”.

Magic 8 Ball | 2019年4月13日

Headlines: Not working at all
Story: You are dumbass

jefjes | 2019年4月13日

You will find that the Summon feature is pretty cautious when it comes to detecting things. I park next to our Leaf in a double garage door setting and if I try to use summon to pull the car out, it may take several attempts to do it, if it will at all, due to the door opening not being as wide as the car would like. Even when it pulls out successfully, many attempts may be needed to just pull it right back in where it pulled out of. I don't ever use it for that under normal use since I am usually in the car driving out and in my own garage. When it comes in handy is in situations like after you have parked and some ahole pulls in so close you can't get back in your car so now you can just back it up with summon far enough to get in. I have also come back to my car when a hard rain occurred after I parked and left a puddle the size of a small pond around my car. I can just summon it out of the puddle and get in. Advance Summon may prove more useful in more situations but so far I need the exercise so unless it is really a downpour, I probably won't use that too much.

SalisburySam | 2019年4月13日

@mwoosley71, I empathize. Summon used to work fairly well on 2018.24.8 when I first got the vehicle. Given all the upgrades since to now 8.5, Summon works not at all. I cannot get one successful trip either out of or into the garage, something that worked well on 24.8 including opening and closing the garage door through HomeLink. Big fail in my opinion, and yet another iffy feature of the EAP/FSD combo I bought.

hokiegir1 | 2019年4月13日

Current summon release will only move the car up to 40 feet forward or backward in a basically straight line. I say "up to" because there are a number.of things that will cause it to stop. You also need to be fairly close.to the car...at least Bluetooth range...for it to work. I'd suggest reading your manual before trying again.

Whdame | 2019年4月13日

That is the second time you beat me to a reply hokiegir1....lol.....I typed basically the same thing out that. And I believe he thinks he has enhanced summon from what he is describing....and that is definitely not ready for public release yet.

hokiegir1 | 2019年4月13日

@whdame - I'm speedy. ;)

Whdame | 2019年4月13日

And I am old....lol.

wiscy67 | 2019年4月13日

@Mwoosley71 It's possible during your testing that your phone is still trying to use Wi-Fi but the signal isn't strong enough so Summon fails. It needs to confirm your location before it can bring the car toward you. Try your test again with Phone wi-fi off with car in garage and you standing out on side of driveway. On the configuration page as a precaution during testing I set mine to work only while button (Forward or Reverse) is being held.

CASEMAN | 2019年4月14日

Interestingly, I found I can summon my car from my desk at work which is more than 100 yards away with many walls in between (absolutely no line of sight). I am hoping to summon my car around the building to my back door with enhanced summon. Of course, I will only do that when super confident in enhanced summon and no cars are in the parking lot.