Forums

Model S car alarm went off behind me in parking lot when I opened my car door

Model S car alarm went off behind me in parking lot when I opened my car door

This seems similar to the guy who opened a different Model 3.
I was in a small parking lot no other cars around and when I opened my car door the Model S alarm started. Maybe there is a bug in the latest firmware?

To try to eliminate the salty comments:
1. I am not making this up.
2. I was sober at the time.
3. I can't prove it happened.
4. Maybe a bird shit hit the Model S at the exactly the same time I touched my door handle.
5. Maybe his phone was in the car and it was alerting him of that fact by tripping the alarm.
6. Etc.

I was waiting for the owner to come out to test if I could open his car with my phone if he/she was up to try,but they didn't come out.

M3phan | 2019年4月13日

7. The S was just saying Hi!

M3phan | 2019年4月13日

Seriously: find another S parked somewhere and repeat steps. See if the S alarms.

Magic 8 Ball | 2019年4月13日

Drugs are bad.

EVRider | 2019年4月13日

Which Model S alarm? Sentry Mode or the regular one?

kevin_rf | 2019年4月13日

Was it behind you, or behind your car? Those are two different locations.

jjgunn | 2019年4月13日

Were you trying to bust the little window on the MS?? For shame.....

Seriously, that's really strange - maybe the cars were talking to each other? AI is scary

hokiegir1 | 2019年4月13日

Correlation is not causation.

Coincidence.

M3phan | 2019年4月13日

I like the AI explanation....mmmmm Skynet....

jfaubl | 2019年4月13日

Drug are bad, I agree with you.
It was behind me across the aisle.
Correlation is not causation. What is your theory?

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 2019年4月13日

Massive coincidence. Our cars don’t talk to each other. Also if every human on earth drove a Tesla there would be less than a one in a million chance any one of them would share your phone Bluetooth code. The car alarm was more likely set off by pigeon shit.

billlake2000 | 2019年4月13日

Pigeon poo or unicorn poo

kevin_rf | 2019年4月13日

I would wander over to a supercharger or some other Tesla watering hole and ask the other owners of you could give it a try.

lbowroom | 2019年4月13日

Same time I flushed the toilet. Must be a bug.

jfaubl | 2019年4月14日

Is it possible that much like cars with a key fob there are only so many codes generated by tesla cars? I've heard stories where people have unlocked someone else's car in a parking lot when they hit the button on heir fob. May be as rare as winning the lottery, but someone does eventually win.
Ad hominem attacks are very prevelent on theses forums. Thanks for confirming that lbowroom. I'm just reporting facts. I don't know what it happened.

Magic 8 Ball | 2019年4月14日

Sunspots

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 2019年4月14日

maybe it’s your dishwashing detergent.

nhunguyen | 2019年4月14日

It can feel bad vibe.

M3phan | 2019年4月14日

@lbowroom: spit up my sparkling ice! Hahahahahaha

lbowroom | 2019年4月14日

Is not a personal attack. The idea is ridiculous, so I aim to point that out with a humorous analogy.