Forums

When will Model 3 fobs be in stock again?

When will Model 3 fobs be in stock again?

I see there were 2 rounds before where the Model 3 fobs were in stock. I was checking to see when they would be in stock again so I can get 2 of them? I am willing to prepay for the full amount. I would like to do this so I could be established in a queue. The way it stands now it is whoever logs in at the exact moment it is available and then they probably sell out quickly. If this stays the status quo it could be an extremely long time. My wife works in a part of town with a high crime rate and on more than one occassion she has went out and her phone was not connected and she had to dig around in her purse to find her keycard. She gets off of work after midnight and this is creating a safety issue. I bought this car because it is supposed to be the safest car in the world but this car could get her injured or worse because she cannot get into it late at night in a part of town with a high crime rate. There have been several car break ins and once a car was set on fire. Please implement a queue and add passive entry as a feature. I am willing to pay more for passive entry since this is a safety issue.

EVRider | 2019年4月16日

Tesla doesn't monitor this forum, but I would explore why your wife's phone key isn't working reliably. I was originally planning to get a key fob for our Model 3, but didn't because they were out of stock, and now I don't feel it's necessary. Both my phone key and my wife's work very reliably (iPhone Xs and iPhone 6s).

If you can resolve the issue with your wife's phone, you won't need the key fob.

jimglas | 2019年4月16日

I have a key fob I have never used except once to see if it worked. Dont waste your money, figure out why your phone isnt working

mcmack15 | 2019年4月16日

warlordace------my wife has the same issue. For the last month or so she hasn't even bothered with the phone or card----FOB only. Many threads on this topic. Seems some have great luck with their phones, and others, not so much--we are in the latter category.

I would suggest just checking the Tesla store every day or so and keeping your fingers crossed. Best of luck to you and your wife.

M3BlueGeorgia | 2019年4月16日

What type of phone?

Many modern Android and iPhone work well. Many older phones don't.
A few you'd expect to work (ex: Note 8) seems to unexpected have problems.

Sunergy-NJ | 2019年4月16日

Why doesn't she put her key card in her hand before she leaves the office so she doesn't have to look around in her purse when she's outside?

2015P90DI | 2019年4月16日

Phone isn't working because it's unreliable in MANY cases. Some people don't have issues, but MANY do. Apparently depends on the type of phone you have. I agree, passive entry would be nice, but I can live without it. I love having the key fobs. Tried to use the phone and got tired of it quickly. Had to dance around by the door half the time to get the car to recognize it. Also, I don't carry my phone on me everywhere I go and carrying a bulky phone as a key was far more annoying than a small key fob in my pocket that I never notice is there. While I can live without passive entry, I really hope they'll at least add passive start as it's annoying as heck when it tells you to tap your card because you didn't get the car in gear within two minutes. Also LOVE it for the Summon feature. Again, so much easier than having to use the phone.

The other thing I found, was when I was on my phone, was a pain having to get out of the call screen, tell people to hold on while I worked my way to the Tesla app so could open the frunk with my phone. Key fob is so much easier, even with having to press the button to lock/unlock the car.

Of course, just my opinion for my personal use.

2015P90DI | 2019年4月16日

Phone isn't working because it's unreliable in MANY cases. Some people don't have issues, but MANY do. Apparently depends on the type of phone you have. I agree, passive entry would be nice, but I can live without it. I love having the key fobs. Tried to use the phone and got tired of it quickly. Had to dance around by the door half the time to get the car to recognize it. Also, I don't carry my phone on me everywhere I go and carrying a bulky phone as a key was far more annoying than a small key fob in my pocket that I never notice is there. While I can live without passive entry, I really hope they'll at least add passive start as it's annoying as heck when it tells you to tap your card because you didn't get the car in gear within two minutes. Also LOVE it for the Summon feature. Again, so much easier than having to use the phone.

The other thing I found, was when I was on my phone, was a pain having to get out of the call screen, tell people to hold on while I worked my way to the Tesla app so could open the frunk with my phone. Key fob is so much easier, even with having to press the button to lock/unlock the car.

Of course, just my opinion for my personal use.

Lonestar10_1999 | 2019年4月16日

For me to use my Samsung S6 reliably, I first have to wake up the car with the Tesla app. Then when I approach the car it is recognized via Bluetooth and it unlocks and permits me to drive.

JarvisM3 | 2019年4月16日

Never had a single issue with my iPhone Xs MAX.

douglas_peale | 2019年4月16日

My phone has only worked once as a key. Every other time, I must enter airplane mode, exit mode, and then it will connect.
This only applies to the key function. the bluetooth works fine for phone calls and playing music, even when the key says "Disconnected". The key will disconnect even when I am sitting in the car.

jonrunningmouth | 2019年4月16日

oh JIMGLAS, I'd make you a happy happy man to sell me that fob you never use. A very happy man!

mcmack15 | 2019年4月17日

This may turn out to be the best thread ever..................keep us posted jimglas..................

M3BlueGeorgia | 2019年4月17日

@douglas_peale Not useful to say your phone doesn't work without saywing what phone you have.

When I had a Nexus 6P, it sometimes didn't work. My wife's Pixel almost always worked.
Now we both have Pixel 3XL, the phones ALWAYS work.

douglas_peale | 2019年4月17日

Samsung Galaxy Luna Pro