Forums

16.2 buried sound system balance and equalizer

16.2 buried sound system balance and equalizer

If you haven't noticed the icon for the equalizer/balance is no longer in the task bar at the bottom of the touchscreen after 16.2. It's now in settings once you tap on the sound system icon in the task bar. It took me a while to find it yesterday after I noticed it was gone from where it was prior to 16.2.

Spartan24 | 2019年5月27日

I noticed as well...was little frustrating at first but honestly, I almost never touch it so makes sense it’s under a menu really.

gmr6415 | 2019年5月27日

@terry.k.morrow, I use it all the time. I've always had an equalizer in my cars going to back when they were all aftermarket.

calvin940 | 2019年5月27日

@gmr6415

You are probably a rarity. I suspect people set their eq to a familiar, desirable setting and then forget about it. The majority of people probably don't even touch it.

landoncube | 2019年5月27日

@gmr6417
How do you set your levels? Perhaps you can educate us with your experience.
What genres do you listen to most? Do you make big changes across different music formats? Are you streaming or using Bluetooth or using USB? Thanks.

gmr6415 | 2019年5月27日

@landoncube, I just adjust it to the way I like it to sound. Zero musical experience here other than listing to a lot of classic rock and hard rock growing up. I do tend to adjust it differently for different genres to some extent. I mostly listen do classic rock, and the older songs from back in the 60s definitely need different adjustments more so in bass and treble than those form later in the 70s and 80s. Some of that had to do with the technology of the recording equipment at the time. All IMO.

I use the classic V for starters with all settings above the canter bar..midrange is right at the center bar, but something like Iron Butterfly "In A Gadda Da Vida" and Edgar Winter Frankenstein certainly don't do well with the same adjustments in bass and treble. At least not for my ear.

I use a flatter and higher V for something like Thunderstruck by 2cellos vs Thunderstruck by AC-DC

2Cellos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT3SBzmDxGk
AC-DC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM&frags=pl%2Cwn

gmr6415 | 2019年5月27日

center bar

Tropopause | 2019年5月27日

I wouldn't mind the settings button being buried if my Surround Sound setting didn't keep getting switched OFF. Nearly everyday I have to turn this setting back ON.

gballant4570 | 2019年5月27日

I did not notice those tools got moved.... but then I'm one who made initial settings/adjustments, and have not gone back to them since.