Forums

Reflector sunshade for dash recommendation.

Reflector sunshade for dash recommendation.

My wife has open parking at her office location and interior temperatures in So California goes way over 110 degrees. I don't want to use cabin overheat protection to save battery..so wondering what is the best reflector sunshade out there you have used and happy with.

stevenmaifert | 2019年6月12日

I use the HeatShield brand for both my Model 3 and my Model S: https://www.heatshieldstore.com/car-window-shades/2019-tesla-model-3-sedan They use a think insulation which makes them a bit stiff and harder to roll (we just fold ours in half and stick in the back), but that insulation is what keeps the heat out.

AzAmpEtr | 2019年6月12日

I use the “AutoHeatShield” from Amazon. Relatively expensive at about $56. Custom fit for the Model 3, although could be a littleeee tighter fitting. Its thick and has the pre-creased areas where you fold it. The one mentioned above looks pretty strange with no fold lines. Mine is pretty large even when folded so I just lay it on the floor in the back since I never really have people in the back. Smells a little like plastic fumes when you open it but I don’t notice it when I get back in the car. I like it overall. Its pretty soft on the edges and I’ve read about people saying the dash on the model 3 can scuff semi easily if you’re not careful, so pay attention to that when making your decision.