Forums

AP & FSD Option to purchase disappeared from account?

AP & FSD Option to purchase disappeared from account?

I Purchased a custom order 2017 MS75D. Opted not to purchase EAP & FSD. Until recently I have always had the opportunity to purchase via my Account page, under the manage section of the account. Within the past two weeks it seems to have disappeared. Anyone else have a similar experience?

EVRider | 2019年7月11日

I don't know why those options disappeared for you, but it's not unusual for Tesla to have temporary issues with the web site. Were you considering purchasing AP or FSD now?

When you were still seeing the options on your account page, were you still able to buy EAP rather than the new basic AP? I didn't know if Tesla was still offering EAP to owners of older cars.

cmalan | 2019年7月12日

I only had the option to buy AP for $2000 or FSD $11000 after the fire sale for $5000. I had invested $11000 in Tesla stock to try and offset the cost back in 2014. Unfortunately we all how that ride has been.

They briefly offered EAP as a stand alone option for $3000 and FSD for an additional $8000. That was also around the same time as the fire sale.

It just feels like a slap in the face that a new purchase can have full FSD for $6000 or basic AP included at a cheaper base price all with the new computer.

I’m not really thinking about purchasing right now with all the pre orders waiting for retrofits. God only knows when that will start. It might take years..

SO | 2019年7月12日

@Cmalan - “It just feels like a slap in the face that a new purchase can have full FSD for $6000 or basic AP included at a cheaper base price all with the new computer.“

Well the base AP caused the base price increase of the vehicle. But now you get more bang for your buck.

I purchased both during the fire sale for 5k since originally the whole thing after delivery would cost 11k.

cmalan | 2019年7月12日

@SO-My base price in September 2017 was $74,500 without AP, currently a new MS Raven standard range is $75,000 with AP. Excuse my ignorance of a $500 dollar discrepancy.

I not here trying to start a pissing match...Good luck with your retrofit.

EVRider | 2019年7月12日

Prices have gone up and down for various reasons, so AP alone doesn't account for the difference between the current price and what anyone paid in 2017.

dalley514 | 2019年7月12日

Purchased new 2017 75D with $5000 EAP option. I did not purchase the FSD option for $2000.

I now have the option to purchase FSD now for $6000. Does that include the upgraded CPU?

Ohmster | 2019年7月12日

MCU2. Unlikely. AP 3.0 or above. Yes.

SO | 2019年7月13日

cmalan | July 12, 2019
@SO-“My base price in September 2017 was $74,500 without AP, currently a new MS Raven standard range is $75,000 with AP. Excuse my ignorance of a $500 dollar discrepancy.

I not here trying to start a pissing match...Good luck with your retrofit.“

Well my Feb 2017 S90D was 105k and now can get a P100D for the same price. Prices change.

SO | 2019年7月13日

And my 105k was without AP. The P100D comes with bad version. Prices change. I have learned to be at peace with it. Next time it’s good to know that when I buy another Tesla, I get a better vehicle for the same price or less. Besides, if I’m really concerned about price changes, buy used.

SO | 2019年7月13日

Bad = base

EVRider | 2019年7月13日

@dalley514: Yes, buying FSD will get you an upgrade to HW3 (eventually).

dalley514 | 2019年7月13日

Thanks EVRider. I'm thinking of going ahead and purchasing the upgrade now so I don't have to worry about the pricing going forward.

Same with ext warranty. 75D purchased 12/2017 with 32K on it now. I do not think I will want to own the car out of warranty until the secondary parts and repair markets are viable.

cmalan | 2019年7月16日

I guess I must be the only one to experience this..? Increase must be coming..

EVRider | 2019年7月16日

This new Electrek article states that Elon said the price of FSD will increase about $1,000 on August 16: https://electrek.co/2019/07/16/tesla-cars-worth-100k-200k-full-self-driv...

You've been warned.

sakeith | 2019年7月16日

You're not the only one with this problem. The option to purchase AP and FSD has been missing from the manage section of my account for the last few weeks. I have a November 2016 Model S. Before that option disappeared, the price was $11,000 to buy AP + FSD. I didn't qualify for the $5,000 discount earlier this year because I bought my car used from a car dealer.

EVRider | 2019年7月16日

I’m sure if you want to buy AP or FSD, someone from a Service Center can help with that even if it’s not showing on your account. I used the Service Center to buy FSD for my Model S in December because they agreed to sell it for $3,000 instead of $5,000.

dougk71 | 2019年7月17日

I purchased FSD for $5000 this year 2019.
We all know Tesla hasn't delivered it yet.
Now when I but things on line and they are back ordered or have late delivery the vendor shows the item as owed to me.
With my Tesla account the only indication that I paid for FSD is the inability to order it.
I hope everyone has the same indication and that Tesla truly has my order ....they definitely have my money.

EVRider | 2019年7月17日

@dougk71: Did you have EAP or basic AP before you purchased FSD?

dougk71 | 2019年7月17日

@EVRider I had EAP added for $5K upon purchase in Dec 2018.Then sadly I missed the fire sale on the upgrade to FSD but about two months ago when the random number pricing person got back to work Tesla was going to bump the FDS to $6k form $5k so I pulled the trigger for 5K. After that the only indication that Tesla has my order is the removal of the option to upgrade to FSD, I used a charge card for the $5k so I have my proof of payment.
Now I called my SC as soon as I heard of the discount to see if I could retro actively get the great deal on the upgrade. They said the discount was a random pricing mistake and prices of FSD will only go up and up in the future.
I hope the person that calculates prices is never given a job to calculate the trajectories of Falcon 9's...otherwise duck since the rocket is as likely to go down as up.

EVRider | 2019年7月17日

@dougk71: When I purchased FSD post-delivery for my Model S, which already had EAP, I purchased it from the Service Center and eventually received an invoice from them via e-mail. There's no other indication on my Model S vehicle page to show that I have FSD, except for the lack of an option to buy it.

I purchased FSD post-delivery for my wife's Model 3, which had EAP, when it was on sale for $2,000. The design of the Model 3 vehicle details page differs from the Model S/X design, and there's a View Details link that shows all the Model 3 options, including FSD. I wish the Model S/X pages had that too.

So, you very likely do have FSD, and it will become obvious when Tesla eventually releases features that only go to FSD cars.

EVRider | 2019年7月17日

Check out this thread in the Model 3 forum: https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/fsd-3k-cheaper-those-eap

sakeith | 2019年7月18日

The option to purchase AP and FSD has reappeared on the manage section of my account. The price for AP + FSD is lower now. It's $9,000, which is $2,000 lower than before.

cmalan | 2019年7月19日

Same here, AP alone is $3000.00. AP+FSD is $9000.00. I emailed service a couple of days ago about the missing option and never heard back. Guess they finally addressed it..