Forums

FSD Price Reduction for Upgrade from Enhanced Autopilot

FSD Price Reduction for Upgrade from Enhanced Autopilot

Tonight I read on Electrek that Tesla just reduced the price of Full Self Drive software by a substantial amount for owners who already have purchased Enhanced Autopilot. I read that in the US, the price for such owners was just reduced from $6,000 for Full Self Drive to $3,000.

What happens to owners (such as myself) who already had Enhanced Autopilot, then later purchased Full Self Drive for $6,000, only to find that 2 months later, the price was reduced to $3,000? Does anyone have an idea what Tesla might do for such owners, if anything?

Bighorn | 2019年7月26日

We figured nobody would do that after not buying it for $2000. This is the fifth thread on the subject.

GHammer | 2019年7月26日

"Does anyone have an idea what Tesla might do for such owners, if anything?"

Yes, nothing.

akikiki | 2019年7月26日

hammer hit it on the nail head again.

Hammonddave | 2019年7月27日

Glad I jumped on it for $2000. But maybe I jumped on nothing? All I can say that unless they pick up their game with NOA, I would not trust this in the city.

dougk71 | 2019年7月27日

The pricing person got hold of the random number generator again. I got burned by paying full $10,000 price for FSD.
I don't think anyone should recommend buying a Tesla upgrade since the Tesla random number generator person could reduce the price at any time or maybe increase it then decrease it ...it appears purely random..and does little more than burn those that pull the trigger early on an upgrade.

EVRider | 2019年7月28日

@dougk71: Sort of like buying Tesla stock, isn’t it? When you paid $10k you must have thought it was worth the price, and if the price goes above $10k when FSD gets better, you’ll be happy you only paid $10k.

sr.smr | 2019年7月28日

EVRider, your OK in my book. Always enjoy your analogy! I was lucky and knew a bargain so I bought FSD for $2K after already purchasing EAP when I first bought the car.

Ronko | 2019年7月28日

I cannot find where to by the upgrade now on my account page, it was there several months ago at $6k, I figured
I would grab it at $3k and hope they update the MCU as I am living with the yellow boarder till then.
2017 MS 75