Forums

Advanced Summon Operational!?

Advanced Summon Operational!?

Today I decided to summon our Model S from a parking spot at our bank. I had parked head-in. When I initiated summon, the car began backing out as usual; but, once it had cleared the parking spot, it turned the front wheels sharply, seemingly to parallel park along a curb directly behind it. At this point, I lost my nerve and pressed stop. However, I'm convinced it would have continued until the car was parallel to and very close to the curb based on the position of the car and front wheels when it stopped. I'm wondering whether anyone else has experienced something similar. I have FSD and Firmware 2019.28.3.1. Anyone?

rsrivast | 2019年8月19日

Advanced summon has not released except to few early access folks. As per Elon M it will be included in ver-10 update.

EVRider | 2019年8月19日

@TheOx: No Enhanced Summon yet, but did you use Summon or Autopark to park the car, or just to "unpark"? Summon might behave differently if you unpark a car that you used Summon to park, but I can't think of any other scenario to explain what you saw. Maybe some of the upcoming Enhanced Summon functionality was accidentally exposed in this build.

TranzNDance | 2019年8月19日

Did you use the fob or app?

philip.sharpe | 2019年8月19日

I would be happy with the old basic summon. That's if Tesla bothered to transfer the ownership. 6 weeks...

kerryglittle | 2019年8月19日

I don't use summon any more. To many fails. The last time and not the first time I tried backing it our of my garage it tried to make a U turn halfway out for no reason. Almost crushed the drivers side door and barely stopped it in time. In Canada we can only use the App and its not as quick as I hear the FOB is. So even a split second lag or cell service interruption can be costly.

rxlawdude | 2019年8月19日

@philip.sharpe, you can use the fob, too, for Summon.

2015P90DI | 2019年8月19日

Per Tesla's description for FSD on all cars, it "currently" has the Advanced Summon feature. The website has reflected that for quite some time despite not being the case in terms of release to everyone. Per Elon, Advanced Summon is coming on August 16th to everyone. Oh wait, that was last week. I forgot, that's EST (Elon Standard Time). Level 4 Autonomy is also coming by the end of 2017......Whoops, that was EST too. :-)

I've learned with Tesla, it'll get here when it gets here. You'll drive yourself nuts if you're like your kids and keep asking "are we there yet?"

EVRider | 2019年8月19日

@2015P90DI: I don’t see where Tesla’s web site says FSD has Advanced Summon today — can you provide a link?

The August 16 date was when the price of FSD was supposed to increase (it didn’t, yet). Elon has been less specific about Advanced Summon, except back in April when he said it would be out in a week. :-)

nukequazar | 2019年8月19日

@EVRider, if you got to build a custom new Tesla, any model, when you get to the FSD option, it describes Advanced Summon in the current capabilities, with others coming later this years . And it’s still listed at $6,000. Two problems on one link!

Autopilot Included
Enables your car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically for other vehicles and pedestrians within its lane.

Full Self-Driving Capability
Navigate on Autopilot: automatic driving from highway on-ramp to off-ramp including interchanges and overtaking slower cars.
Auto Lane Change: automatic lane changes while driving on the highway.
Autopark: both parallel and perpendicular spaces.
Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really.

Coming later this year:
Recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs.
Automatic driving on city streets.
Select Option $6,000

TheOx | 2019年8月19日

@TranzNDance: I used the fob.

philip.sharpe | 2019年8月19日

Thanks rxlawdude I didn't know that. I'll read the manual.

EVRider | 2019年8月20日

@nuke: I see it now. That’s definitely a mistake, since they could have put that under the “coming later this year” section. The other places on the web site where they describe Autopilot (in Support, for example) don’t make that mistake.

bruntonma | 2019年8月20日

So they've been messing with summon now? That might explain the problem I had yesterday. Saturday I parked the car in the garage using summon. Went in with no problem - as usual.
Yesterday I went to get it out as usual, using summon, and the car wouldn't budge. It would go into reverse for a few seconds, then summon would end without the car having moved at all. Nothing around the car in the garage had moved.
I finally got the car out of the garage by moving a ladder that had been in the same spot (and not causing the car any issues going into or out of the garage) for weeks.
Another example of the OTA downgrades, I guess.

nukequazar | 2019年8月20日

@EVRider, seems Elon makes an awful lot of “mistakes” that happen to lean in favor of promoting car sales.

Dramsey | 2019年8月20日

@EVRider,

If presenting advanced summon as though it's available now is a mistake, it's a mistake that's been up for _months_, at least since April or so IIRC.

Calling it a "lie" sounds so crude, though.

EVRider | 2019年8月21日

The difference between a lie and a mistake (in this case) is intent, which none of us know. In any case, anyone ordering a Tesla who did even a little homework would know that Advanced Summon isn’t available yet. If they did no homework, Advanced Summon is the least of their problems. Caveat emptor.

Boonedocks | 2019年8月21日

@EVRider I agree EXCEPT just because someone is buying a Tesla doesn't mean that all those buyers are going to do more than just READ the Tesla order page. Buyers should not have to investigate or read into something when making a purchase. IF it very clearly and plainly states that it INCLUDES a feature....then it should include that feature.

EVRider | 2019年8月21日

@Boonedocks: I agree, and Tesla should fix the web site, but I think anyone who doesn’t know what they’re buying is very likely to be disappointed in some aspect(s) of the car, and we’ve seen plenty of posts from people like that. Given Tesla’s lack of communication and transparency, it’s important for people to research before buying, but that’s true when buying any EV for the first time.

Boonedocks | 2019年8月21日

@EVRider I wish no ill-will towards Tesla and I am certainly not the "call the lawyers in" kind of guy. The real issue I see with this continued behavior IS the image it creates for those investigating and digging deep into what a potential purchase will actually include and either

1: Not buying because of perceived misrepresentation or
2: Buyers finding out after delivery that they thought something was included and it wasn't and no realistic time frame given (because their investigation showed Elon publicly claiming it would be days....weeks....months....and then nothing.

I am truly concerned for Tesla's public image being further tarnished and possible class action lawyers getting involved because of complete and purposeful misrepresentation. (leaving the order page as is would 100% be considered purposeful without stretching it at all). just pretty sad.

bryan.hopkins | 2019年8月21日

@Tkim, where do you live in relation to the Toledo, OH service center? Is mobile service (ranger) not provided?

EVRider | 2019年8月21日

@bryan: Don’t encourage Tkim, who has posted that same comment in many threads here today. Could be a bot. Please flag.