Forums

Bill Maher's take on David Koch's death.

Bill Maher's take on David Koch's death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=276&v=ytQXasWZe5Q

Yes fu*k you. You are going to hell but you still helped create this mess for people who will still be living in this world.

Tesla-David | 2019年8月24日

Great monologue, hard to argue with the facts. The Koch brothers are pure evil.

Madatgascar | 2019年8月24日

“Mourners were asked, in lieu of flowers, to just leave their car engines running”

SCCRENDO | 2019年8月24日

@Madatgascar. LOL

Tropopause | 2019年8月25日

How's the other brother doing?

tew ms us | 2019年8月25日

“I attack ideas. I don’t attack people. And some very good people have some very bad ideas. And if you can’t separate the two, you gotta get another day job.” Antonin Gregory Scalia -- Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States

Ignore the advice from a fellow citizen that you where glad to see dead. After all, he disagreed with your political ideas.

Sick. But it does help one understand the first step nutcases take toward rationalizing the shooting up of shopping malls.

SCCRENDO | 2019年8月25日

@tew. We did not know Koch as a person. But we knew him very well for the damage he caused to the planet. Arguably he may be responsible for more deaths of humans and in addition animals and plants than mass killers of the likes of Hitler. Hitler may have also been a great family man loved by his friends but nobody mourns his death. I would love to present you all the facts on how he has contributed to the destruction of the planet but I risk starting a whole new climate change thread

TranzNDance | 2019年8月25日

There's a difference between having bad ideas and using ill-gotten resources to enact the ideas. The removal of that person's ability to continue to do damage is a good thing. Too bad the Koch's couldn't be thrown into prison.

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 2019年8月25日

No one has cause more human deaths than Ancel Keys. His willful misinformation campaign is the primary reason the United States, the most medically advanced nation in the world, has the most chronically sick people per capita.

carlk | 2019年8月25日

@tew ms us Do you want criminals to see proper justice? That's not personal attack if the answer is yes. What Koch had done is way worse than any mass shooter or serial killer die.

@Neomaxizoomdweebie Agree with you on Ancel Keys. Although climate change deniers will do magnitudes higher damage for human life. We ain't seen nothing yet. The two do have a lot of similarity in making fake science a science though.

carlk | 2019年8月25日

die --> did.

tew ms us | 2019年8月25日

Ah, the Koch brothers spent their money for their own interests and not in the service of your political agenda. I hope you don't have to celebrate the deaths of other Americans for the same reason.

carlk | 2019年8月25日

All criminals did what they do for their own interests too.

NKYTA | 2019年8月25日

Yep.

tew ms us | 2019年8月25日

What were the Koch brothers convicted of? Was it as bad as what Democrat contributor Jeffrey Epstein was set to stand trial for? I missed the high-fiveing all around at Epstein's suicide. Shouldn't supporting leftwing causes get one a "Get out of Jail Free" card?

SO | 2019年8月25日

Good riddance to Epstein as well.

SO | 2019年8月25日

@tew - but I’d argue that Koch has more to do with Tesla than Epstein. Hence the reason why you probably didn’t see “high fives”.

SamO | 2019年8月25日

Koch brothers used quasi-legal graft to buy politicians and quack scientists to disinform the public about the dangers of burning fossil fuels because it benefited their bottom line. Many public companies either failed to disclose known risks, or lied to the public and shareholders about harms and potential liability.

Tobacco companies weren't criminals until they got convicted on RICO mail fraud etc.

"In a punishing affirmance, the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals has issued a 92-page per curiam opinion upholding the judgment issued by D.C. District Court Judge Gladys Kessler in August 2006, in which she found eleven of America’s major Tobacco Companies and related entities guilty of nearly 150 counts of mail and wire fraud in a continuing “pattern of racketeering activity” with the “specific intent to defraud” under the Racketeer Influence Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act."

http://www.dwlr.com/blog/2011-05-12/rico-convictions-major-tobacco-compa...

RedShift | 2019年8月25日

@tew

Here’s your Epstein high five. Now, give me a high five on David Koch. Don’t leave me hangin’!

SamO | 2019年8月25日

"After a review of all the evidence the Trial Court concluded that the Tobacco Companies had engaged in a decades-long scheme to defraud actual and potential smokers by falsely denying the adverse health effects of smoking; that nicotine and smoking are addictive; that the Companies had manipulated cigarette design and composition so as to assure nicotine delivery levels that create and sustain addiction; had falsely represented that light and low tar cigarettes deliver less nicotine and tar and therefore present fewer health risks than full flavor cigarettes; engaged in an invidious marketing campaign to youth; had falsely denied that secondhand smoke causes disease; and throughout it all had suppressed and destroyed documents, information, and research to prevent the public from learning the truth about these subjects and to avoid or limit liability in litigation."

Sound familiar?

tew ms us | 2019年8月25日

@Red I said I didn't see any high-fives. I wouldn't have participated.

@SamO The tobacco barons got a trial; they weren't sentenced to death.

Wishing fellow citizens dead is the first step toward killing for the benefit of the state.

RedShift | 2019年8月25日

@tew

If the subject is actively bent on harming life as we know it on this planet, it is only natural to celebrate its death. Manners are something good people deserve. If they did good, there will be a lot of people shedding tears in their death.

tew ms us | 2019年8月25日

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

sabbia | 2019年8月25日

"No man is an island, entire of itself;... any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee." John Donne

I can't say that I feel diminished, but the sentiment remains.

carlk | 2019年8月25日

@tew ms us Legal and right are not always the same. Hitler was legally elected in German too.

MitchP85D | 2019年8月25日

CBS had a nice, short, report about David Koch. He gave hundreds of millions of dollars to the arts and cancer research. Speaking for myself, I can emphatically claim that David Koch has done a lot more good for America and the world than I could ever dream. I don't know about the rest of you in the Tesla Forum.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/david-koch-died-conservative-donor-and-phil...

Perhaps, some of you should think before celebrating one's death.

RedShift | 2019年8月25日

@tew

Sure, let’s not stand in judgement of pollution mongers, global warming merchants, and those that sought to enrich themselves at the cost of everything we might hold dear : clean air, clean water, and future life on this planet for us and most other living organisms.

Oh, but let us be dignified.

No thanks Tew. You can shed a tear for all you like. I won’t. If you can’t stomach that, just move along, please.

So the Koch brothers gave to politicians that helped the oil industry. BFD! How about we damn and celebrate the deaths of those who have ever spent money on the oil industry's product?

RedShift | 2019年8月25日

@mitch

Newsflash for you : most billionaires have philanthropies and many have done far more good than this David Koch. All that without resorting to peddling fake news about AGW. Why? Oh, that’s right. It would go against his enormous fossil fuel interests.

He opposed a public transportation project in Tennessee when it had overwhelming popular support. Why? It would lead to less number of cars on the street! What an angel!

He must have hated Elon Musk and what Tesla is doing.

The likes of you, won’t think too deep about all that. As long as he is a conservative, and he is against AGW, you will go nodding you head ‘rah, rah’.

RedShift | 2019年8月25日

@neo

“How about we damn and celebrate the deaths of those who have ever spent money on the oil industry's product?”

Why? Because they had no choice and spend money on what was available?

@Red,
Meh, it really doesn’t matter. Fossil fuels are going the way of the dinosaurs, we’ll be off of them via natural selection within a few decades at most. Clean fuel/energy are the tsunami on the horizon. This climate argument is getting boring.
The alligator closer to our boat is what we are eating and why it is destroying our health and ability to procreate.

RedShift | 2019年8月25日

@neo

Yeah, looming catastrophes are sooooo passé. Let’s worry about what’s for dinner tonight, so much more interesting.

What are you having for dinner bud? I will tell you what I’m having: a whole heaping of poppycock!

@Redshift,
Haven’t you ever wondered why so many young Americans need in vitro fertilization in order to have kids? Haven’t you ever wondered why so many kids are allergic to fucking everything? Or have adult type health problems? Or have mental inadequacy that leads to violence or some other form of social failure?
It all comes down to the shit we are eating. Your doctor is a well educated drug dealer. Most doctors don’t know jack or shit about human nutrition. Ask any doctor what you should eat and they’ll probably say something unactionable like “a well balanced diet”. Shitheads all.

SamO | 2019年8月25日

And the polluted air they are breathing. Bankrupt kKoch industries.

Yes yes, and the polluted air, too. Everyone knows about the environment but most are unaware that they are slowly damaging themselves beyond repair with a lifetime of non-human food.

SCCRENDO | 2019年8月25日

It’s tough to have a moral debate when the people you are debating are unwilling or unable to see the magnitude of the crime

Here's a moral debate. What would the residents of San Francisco do if the zoo started feeding the lions corn syrup and cereal grains and the giraffes raw hamburger and salmon? I have a feeling the people would go nuts, they'd be outraged that the zoo would abuse the animals by feeding them what is OBVIOUSLY not their natural diet. The animals would eventually get sickly, they'd certainly be unable to procreate (which is very hard to do in a zoo), and they'd die.
It would be stupid to feed an animal the wrong diet. No brainer.
So why do we do it to ourselves? Why do you all do it to your kids? What is "human food" anyway? Americans need to start educating themselves on what humans should be eating. When we eat the wrong species specific diet we get sick. We get cancers. We get heart disease, diabetes II, etc. All completely avoidable if we just eat the right food.

SamO | 2019年8月25日

Love when conservative throw out a red herring. Nobody’s nibbling.

rxlawdude | 2019年8月25日

"Ah, the Koch brothers spent their money for their own interests and not in the service of your political agenda."

Anyone see the subtle moral relativism in that sentence?"

Fuck it. Enjoy your diabetes.

SCCRENDO | 2019年8月25日

@Neo. We are trying to educate the population. But in a Democracy nobody needs to listen. Look st the outcry over the soda tax and others.

SamO | 2019年8月25日

Enjoy your lung disease and polluted waterways. And try and remember what glaciers and the existing coastlines looked like. FFS.

NKYTA | 2019年8月25日

SamO | August 25, 2019
Love when conservative throw out a red herring. Nobody’s nibbling.

The problem is, is too many people are listening.

NKYTA | 2019年8月25日

That scares me most.

SCCRENDO | 2019年8月25日

If you guys want to know how effective Bernie is. He just released his climate change plan and already David Koch is dead

We can all wring our hands and scream about the environmental disaster happening around us but we are impotent as individuals to make a noticeable difference. You need a movement to do that. I applaud your attempt to start a movement on this forum but I doubt the one to two hundred people reading this can make a huge difference either.
I, on the other hand, would like for people to educate themselves on human nutrition so they can feel and enjoy the tangible difference they can quickly make in their lives. It’s all out there on the internet. Low carb, paleo, Keto, carnivore, all great search terms to begin your education. I promise if you put forth two weeks worth of effort you won’t ever want to stop. Break the sugar addiction, save yourself from an old age filled with inflammatory diseases.

NKYTA | 2019年8月25日

Eat meat, got it

Vote Trump out, got it.

Don’t drink soda

Done.

rxlawdude | 2019年8月25日

@NKYTA, +1

MilesMD88 | 2019年8月25日

Been busy with Airbus training...who’s Neomaxizoomdweebie? Does he own a Model 3? Or just an ........

SamO | 2019年8月26日

@NKYTA,

The energy is with progressives. People who have never voted are activated and ready to fight.

I went to a Bernie rally in Santa Monica with 15,000 people. His crowds are 2-3 times bigger than Drumpf.

Latest polling shows Bernie winning Texas FFS.

Just don’t nominate Biden otherwise we are likely to see another 4 years of the same.

NKYTA | 2019年8月26日

Check.

Pages