Forums

Big battery problem

Big battery problem

Do anybody have a battery issue like my performance Model 3 deliverd in februari 2019 and only have 12500km on.

It spontaneous stop charging at 110km and decline and restart again and again.
When Supercharge, it make a exploding noise, like someone hit the car with a hammer under the battery.

Also one new problem appeared, car shows on display a warning it won’t start again when turn off.
The car really does not able to start, after a while it manage to restart again.

Take the car to service on October 28 and so far nothing heard from service center in Amsterdam
since.

Can someone tell me what’s wrong??

Bighorn | 2019年11月2日

The hammer noise is a well known issue with thermal expansion indicative of nothing. Charge stopping could be a simple supercharger issue. Not starting messaging may relate to the status of the 12V which doesn't narrow down a cause much. Not all messages are accurate. Did you mean October 28?

cc-yuen | 2019年11月2日

Car is now more then 6 days in service, so i think there is definitely something wrong and they won’t tell me the status.

Magic 8 Ball | 2019年11月2日

No one here can actually tell you what is wrong. We can guess based on symptoms you describe but if car is in shop for 6 days it does sound more serious than most issues. The issue may be new to them, hopefully they are taking care of you otherwise.

Bighorn | 2019年11月2日

It's incumbent upon them to fix it, so let them. Did they give you a loaner or compensate you in some way for transportation?

Bighorn | 2019年11月2日

Amsterdam has a long history of many Teslas, so I imagine they've seen most issues before.

cc-yuen | 2019年11月2日

They gave me a 2013 Model S P85+ no AP and LTE. Super low range funny have to say...

Bighorn | 2019年11月2日

That’s my long distance cruiser. 277k miles. Enjoy the heck out if it, plus the dog doesn’t road trip in the P3D

Bighorn | 2019年11月2日

6 days could also mean they’re waiting on a part.

Magic 8 Ball | 2019年11月2日

Either way they are taking care of him. As far as keeping updated goes it is always a complaint some have but when there is no new news to share there really is nothing to be updated with. Delays on things happen to the people in service as well as us customers. They make no money keeping customers cars in service for warranty issues so they will do everything they can to get the car back to the customer ASAP.