Forums

Lane Wander Alert

Lane Wander Alert

I forget what it's actually called, but the steering wheel used to shimmy when crossing a lane line without using the directional for a lane change. Why has that gone away?

Or is it an anomaly in my car?

EVRider | 2019年11月13日

Check your settings and make sure that wasn’t changed by a recent update.

jebinc | 2019年11月13日

-@bill

I think it was called, "Lane departure avoidance" or something similar.

FISHEV | 2019年11月13日

"I forget what it's actually called, but the steering wheel used to shimmy when crossing a lane line without using the directional for a lane change. Why has that gone away? Or is it an anomaly in my car?"@bill

Lane Keeping basically doesn't work in the Tesla. AutoSteer works great but for whatever reason Tesla has all but disabled Lane Keeping itself.

I've had it checked twice. Once with Tesla mobile tech in the car showing Lane Keeping not working on major road. Tech calls factory who look at car as we drive. Report "Car is working within normal limits".

Take to service center for Blind Spot/Lane Keep not working messages, same report.

Another owner posted about his experience with service on Lane Keeping not working and he was told it only works once and then assumes you mean to cross line. No idea of time frame before it turns back on and off.

It's a software glitch that Tesla could/should fix but it seems like it will have negative impact of "Full Self Driving" so Tesla has disabled basic Lane Keeping.

Easy to test, roll over line, get lane keeping, roll over again, nope. Seems especially week in left lines where you'd have small overlap head on, the main accident Lane Keeping is designed to prevent.