Forums

Let's have a minute of silence

Let's have a minute of silence

For the supercharger stall I used for my roadtrip destination this October when I brushed my teeth, stretched and went for a quick nap while supercharging after our Montreal-New York road trip.

The 6 Taco bell soft tacos were pretty hard to digest at night but the subway breakfast sandwiches were awesome in the morning at the 24/7 Wallmart store in the same parking.

I feel personally affected by this like if my own home caught on fire and I didn't know why…

https://electrek.co/2019/11/18/tesla-supercharger-station-fire/

RIP

PECo CT | 2019年11月18日

I’ve only supercharged twice in the 13 months I’ve had my Model 3. The first time I did it was near my house in Connecticut, just to try it out. The second time was at a WaWa in Parsippany, NJ, killing time while my wife was working out there. Strangely, the only other Teslas I saw during the 20 minutes I was there were Model Ses.

I’m sorry to hear that a supercharger at the Parsippany station caught on fire. Hopefully, we’ll find out what caused the fire.

ICEMELT | 2019年11月18日

Oh my! This was my local supercharger. Infact I just looked at my charging screen before reading this. The logo indicated no availability and I was wondering whether it meant all occupied.

Varricks | 2019年11月18日

Good god, does anyone ever proof-read anymore?
"This Tesla Supercharger fire is already all over the news and it will certainly help deter people to go electric.

Yet, if that’s really people’s worry, they should also consider the risk of gas stations."

Are these markets where you go when you're thirsty?

coselectric | 2019年11月18日

Gasoline is flammable too? Wait, what?

Frank99 | 2019年11月18日

>>> Gasoline is flammable too? Wait, what?
Don’t worry; that’s fake news. If it were true, there’d be car fires every day, and gas station fires too. I never see them on the news, so there must not be any.

majassow | 2019年11月18日

Not to worry. Gasoline is inflammable. That means it can't catch fire, right?

Ross1 | 2019年11月19日

In the early 1900s there were more electric cars than gas cars.
What catalysed?
The muffler and starter motor were produced, and BigOil got behind the industry.
Had Electricity interests prevailed, we would now be living wit 120 years of EV development., Where might we be?
Thos UFO sightings come to mind.
How much have we lost because of fossil fiuels, mufflers and staryter motors?

Ross1 | 2019年11月19日

sorry about the spelling stakes...

Varricks | 2019年11月20日

It really is pretty amazing how well we manage gasoline. With some of the drivers we encounter, it's a miracle.

ElectricAlex | 2019年11月20日

Not a supercharger fire, electric utility company transformer fire next to superchargers.

Fake news.

JAD | 2019年11月20日

Not really fake news, just an error on the source of the fire. Good to hear that it was just a utility companies transformer catching fire as that isn't news and people just accept that. If it were a Supercharger that actually caught fire like gas stations or transformers, a lot of people would claim they are unsafe. Higher standard for new tech.

hokiegir1 | 2019年11月20日

I found a bunch of articles on this. Only ONE linked the update -- which is here: https://www.autonews.com/service/tesla-supercharger-ruled-out-cause-nj-fire

hokiegir1 | 2019年11月20日

Found the update for Electrek. He didn't update his initial post with the link to this one. Just found it when I was going to post the new info: https://electrek.co/2019/11/19/tesla-had-nothing-to-do-with-supercharger...

SamO | 2019年11月20日

A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes

Varricks | 2019年11月20日

Reminds me of my favorite Mark Twain quote: "What? I never said that!"

GrumpyinAZ | 2019年11月21日

@varricks: this is still the go-to phrase of politicians. Especially lately.....

PECo CT | 2019年12月11日

I stopped at the Parsippany WaWa Supercharger station, last night. The previous time I was there, my Tesla was the only Model 3; the rest were all Model Ses. Last night, it was loaded with Model 3s.