Forums

Model 3 UK delivery times?

Model 3 UK delivery times?

Hi,

I put an order in for a model 3 performance in the UK on Thursday. The web site was saying December delivery, is this realistic?

Paul.

jon.blacklock | 2019年11月23日

I placed my order on 25th October. I too got a delivery date of December. I’ve got an RN but not been advised of VIN or final invoice with delivery date as yet. Hoping I’ll get it around my birthday as a present to myself. I know from ordering a PW that you can tend to get an update and delivery from Tesla “out of the blue”. I’ve asked support for any news but heard nothing as yet a bit frustrating as getting my hands on the thick end of £49k and selling my existing car is not an overnight task.

Glenn72 | 2019年11月23日

I read recently that Tesla is shipping a lot of cars to Australia before the end of the year. I mentioned that because the steering wheel is on the right side, same as the UK, so looks like Tesla is ramping up on production.
I ordered mine on November 14th from Barcelona and just received notice that it’s expected week of 10th through 17th December.

ashley.jackson | 2019年11月24日

I'm in the UK and ordered mine mid October and took delivery 3 weeks later on 8th November. I got a text message about a week and a half prior with the delivery date. A few days later I got another text with my registration number.
Did you order with someones referral? You get 1000 free super charger miles if you use a referrral link (mine is https://ts.la/ashley58417)
Ash.

arvinharar | 2020年2月10日

How long do orders take to deliver. Ordered mine 21st of January and was wandering whether delivery’s have gotten faster or not

ryan | 2020年2月14日

Ordered mine this week. It said est March. Just wondering if anyone has a recent experience of a model 3 delivery timescale?

gavinolukoju | 2020年2月20日

@ryan congrats, I ordered mine on the 5th Feb still says March, no vin or confirmed delivery date yet. I guess our cars will be on the same boat

https://ts.la/gavin89720

paul | 2020年2月20日

Ordered mine in early December - nothing yet.....

ascotland | 2020年2月20日

I ordered 29 Jan. Got delivery date of 3 March. Then told late March. Now informed that it has been "chassis matched" whatever that means and is on track for March delivery but no specific date. Mine's a performance model if that makes a difference.

k3nds | 2020年2月21日

Ordered a Model 3 LR in France yesterday. In the morning, the online ordering system was showing March delivery but when I actually ordered in the evening, it had moved to May but no confirmation yet...just my referral code :)

J0rn | 2020年2月24日

Joining this thread as I’ve just ordered an SR+ today. Will update with estimates.

keemeng | 2020年2月26日

I ordered a Model 3 LR through a leasing firm Dec 4, and get a delivery date of Feb 26. That didn't happen of course.
They have now told me that it will likely be mid-late March.

White lightening | 2020年2月26日

pick up my LR next Monday, when do they take payment?

angela.cook | 2020年2月27日

mine was ordered 12th Feb was told March now been advised it could be June, this is bonkers.

richard.vivash | 2020年2月28日

M3 Std +, white. Order placed 31/10, delivery date provided 15 March, just been put back to 2 June booo!

andy | 2020年2月28日

@white before delivery and they wanted cleared funds (assuming you are a cash buyer).

The system may have changed in the last 6 months, but my mail suggested a specific number of days before and the notification was already within the window.It wasn’t an issue as they can usually see a bank transfer the same day. Think I paid 1 or 2 days before. I’d check with Tesla though and not trust a random on a forum who may have had other factors in his delivery :-)

When you’re in the final stages you get contact from a human and I found that person to be very helpful and would answer direct and promptly. There was a lot of learning going on back then - UK arm of Tesla was moving from occasional sales to something like 20 deliveries per day in my location and the communications and process were being adapted and improved during the tranche I was in. They created an FAQ as they were getting a lot of similar queries and they sent that out.

Learning for me was to trust the process. It works. If unsure of any comms then contact Tesla. Once you are at the stage of dealing with the people, involved, which is part of the process, then they are great.

Enjoy the car!

J0rn | 2020年2月29日

They are bringing in mostly LR and Performance as can be seen as existing inventory regularly, there were suddenly dozens on there in the last couple of days. I don’t think they’re particularly bothered meeting SR demand. I must admit I’ve been tempted to just buy existing inventory but SR is enough of a stretch already.

andy | 2020年3月1日

Import tax and VAT does push the prices up here, but if you can find a way to stretching a bit further to a LR then it’s well worth it.

Model 3 is very much a long distance cruiser rather than a city car and that extra range makes a difference. Most people who buy an EV find that they drove it a lot more miles than planned - mix of low direct costs and improved experience.

andrewp | 2020年3月3日

Ordered SR December and told late Feb/Mar. I have chased several times and been told sometime in March, but sadly no news yet. What they don't want to tell me is how quick delivery is once a VIN is matched. Its really important to me as my current car lease ended last week! On the train today!

chris | 2020年3月5日

Ordered LR Model 3 on 2nd Feb in the UK, the website said it would be a March delivery.
It's now March :) But I haven't had any contact from Tesla yet...

How far before pick-up day does Tesla generally get in touch?

joe-auger | 2020年3月5日

Placed my order for my performance on 18th Feb. Received a text 2 days later saying it was ready for delivery. Ready to collect on 6th March.

chris | 2020年3月6日

@joe-auger - that's the quickest I've ever heard of! Hopefully today you're now a proud new owner!

I just spoke with Tesla, and my model 3 arrived in Europe last night; so I should have it in less than two weeks :)
Apparently I'll be contacted next week to sort out payment and exact pick-up date.

andy | 2020年3月7日

You get notification a few days before, but also worth checking your order as, if you find you have a VIN then it should mean that a car has been allocated to you. VIN can be allocated some time before you get notification of pick-up.

I got a very early one and it was very fast from order to delivery, but I think I struck lucky as they took the LR AWD off sale and dropped the price of the performance. This caused people to switch their orders and my spec became available once the LR AWD came back on sale. Probably built on the back of the ore-orders that upgraded after. I think my car may have been in the second UK shipment.

Over 15k miles now and it gets better every day. Eats up motorway miles. Something to look forward to.

dave.oddie | 2020年3月7日

I guess the not very helpful answer is delivery time varies. I ordered my LR in November and it was due for delivery on 19th Feb. I asked for a delay to March as it was in school half term week so we were away and given the 20 plates were out in March I fancied one of those. Tesla obliged and I picked it up on 2nd :) but you have to be careful requesting delays. It’s possible your car can be reallocated to someone else and you end up at the back of the queue.

andy | 2020年3月7日

^ This

As I understand it, they build batches of specs and then match a spec to an order. If you order a common pattern then you can get quick delivery. Be a bit too specific and you might wait.

My dream build has been on inventory a few times (red LR AWD with towball and black interior). It’s an expensive choice though. Same spec in blue would be also nice.

Be interesting to see how Model Y specs go.

chris | 2020年3月7日

Received a text yesterday with registration plate and VIN, pickup booked for 13th :)
So about 6 weeks from order to delivery. Not too bad at all!

andy | 2020年3月7日

Good stuff!

veitglancy | 2020年3月9日

Ordered mine Standard Range+ on 21 Jan, got text on 3 March with delivery date of 20 March; invoice with VIN came shortly after...waiting for registration number now

Sophia318 | 2020年3月16日

Ordered my Long Range+ on 28 Feb, got text on 6?March with delivery date of 18 March; invoice with VIN came shortly after...was expecting in May, cannot believe it is true now

andy | 2020年3月16日

Very nice. Something to look forward to.

Sophia318 | 2020年3月21日

Finally got my model 3 on 18th March, ordered on 28th Feb. Couldn’t believe how lucy is. Share my refer here too: https://ts.la/xiaorui43366