Forums

How do I find how much electricity a charging of my Model 3 took?

How do I find how much electricity a charging of my Model 3 took?

When I was having the Tesla charger installed for my Model 3, I thought about buying a power monitor so I could see how much electricity I'm using to charge the car.

I didn't when I thought I saw something about a report for charging activity. Am I correct or is it something else I saw.

Besides a power monitor, is there a way to see how much power my M3 is using to charge?

gparrot | 2019年12月10日

You could sign up with TeslaFi as many of us have done. It’ll answer your question right then and now.

hokiegir1 | 2019年12月10日

+1 @gparrot. And we installed a cheapy power meter on ours just to check the accuracy of TeslaFi, and over the course of a month and a half, it was only off by 1-2 kwhs total (not daily).

WW_spb | 2019年12月10日

I use my power company app. Compare before and after night usage.

sheldon.mike1010 | 2019年12月10日

If you use Windows 10, you can get free app 'Tesla Control' that will tell you exact amount of last charge, among other things. Lock & unlock, turn on/off climate control, receive status on lock unlock, charging, door open, etc.

Teslanene | 2019年12月10日

I use power company website.

apodbdrs | 2019年12月10日

@ jgt10, Amazon has power meters for about $12 each.

CRAIGJFIFTY3 | 2019年12月10日

@hokiegir1: That 1-2 kwh is probably standby power draw. (vampire strikes again)

jordanrichard | 2019年12月10日

You cold just use the Trip function and see how many kwhs the car used and add 10% to get you a rough estimate.

goodman | 2019年12月10日

You can also switch display preference to show kWh instead of miles. then it's simple to see how much each charge session adds.

hokiegir1 | 2019年12月10日

@Craig - actually it's probably compounded rounding adjustments. 1-2kwh over the course of 45 days is likely just decimals. :)

Pg3ibew | 2019年12月10日

I installed a KWH meter in line with my Charger. I also Use a Charge reward program. It plugs into my car. I know exactly how many KWH I use to charge the car

Maxxer | 2019年12月10日

I get it at work
You look the first 10 times and then it’s nit that interesting

Don’t waste too much. Money on a meter

Maxxer | 2019年12月10日

I get it at work
You look the first 10 times and then it’s nit that interesting

Don’t waste too much. Money on a meter

kevin_rf | 2019年12月10日

jordanrichard hit on the simplest method. Just use the trip odometers. It shows how much per has been placed in the battery since it was last reset. That's what I use. I look at that number and the dedicated meter my power company installed for the car.

WardT | 2019年12月10日

I was going to get a cheap power meter but found out the cheap ones are not UL approved. I now use the power company hourly use. I determined when charging my M3 at 48 amps it consumes 11.4 kW every hour. For example, if it takes 2.5 hours to charge, it consumed 2.5 x 11.4 or 28.5 kW/hrs of power.

I like the sound of Tesla Control and will give that a try. Thanks.

-TheJohn- | 2019年12月10日

It is interesting that it doesn't tell you to the Watt how many electrons got stuffed into it with the last charging session.

As an aside plug get a solar PV system with the Enphase metering system and it shows input/outputs down to the 15 minute gradation but that's not what op is asking for either.