Forums

Is it just me?

Is it just me?

I have had my m3 for over a year now, and it is my 35th car. I have always been a car guy, and looked forward to my Car and Driver and Motor Trend magazines. Over the last several months my enthusiasm for the magazines is fading. I browse over the ICE car articles, only reading the EV articles. The model 3 is so superior in so many ways, and I am chomping at the bit for any Cybertruck info I can find. Can’t wait until Tesla releases a scale model of the Cybertruck!

jimglas | 2019年12月11日

No

Mr. Spacely | 2019年12月11日

I have almost no interest in any other brand right now. Forget that it's electric- I love the performance and technology...

Bighorn | 2019年12月11日

Same

AWDTesla | 2019年12月11日

Mr. Spacely | December 11, 2019
I have almost no interest in any other brand right now. Forget that it's electric- I love the performance and technology...

______

Same here. I cannot wait for an affordable Porsche Cayman EV.

jimglas | 2019年12月11日

affordable and Porsche should not be used in the same sentence

WW_spb | 2019年12月11日

Can't wait for my CyberTruck. Man, 2021 can't come soon enough

Joshan | 2019年12月11日

My wife's Porsche Boxster that we traded in as part of getting the Model 3 was not crazy overpriced as a purchase. Where is really hit was any repairs or maintenance. Oil changes and such were CRAZY expensive, literally 10x the cost of other cars.

AWDTesla | 2019年12月11日

affordable and Porsche should not be used in the same sentence

My tesla model 3 was 80k after all said and done.

AWDTesla | 2019年12月11日

Joshan | December 11, 2019
My wife's Porsche Boxster that we traded in as part of getting the Model 3 was not crazy overpriced as a purchase. Where is really hit was any repairs or maintenance. Oil changes and such were CRAZY expensive, literally 10x the cost of other cars.

I rebuild my 911 with LNE nickies, bored out to a 4.0 form the 3.6 it was. Was rebuilt due to having scored cylinders. Sold it after that for my M3. Spent more money rebuilding the engine than on the car.

Atom12 | 2019年12月11日

In the 80’s I loved working on sports cars.

Today, I’m embarrassed by the obnoxious sounds and smells ICE’s make and I find the proliferation of exhaust pipes insulting.

AWDTesla | 2019年12月11日

A flat6 with straight exhaust is music to my ears

AWDTesla | 2019年12月11日

But silent and violent works for me also ;)

Joshan | 2019年12月11日

I love being silent. I can floor it and scoot without turning everyone's head and attracting attention.

jimglas | 2019年12月11日

I love watching noisy, fast looking cars disappear in my rear view mirror

leo33 | 2019年12月11日

Yep. I've had it a bit over a year, and I still pause now and then and marvel at how much I love this car.

Magic 8 Ball | 2019年12月11日

I have two ICE vehicles, I find myself putting off and scheduling errands around when I can use the wife's Model 3 I like it that much better.

jimglas | 2019年12月11日

@M8B: there is a solution to your problem

@jimglas Yes, there is, it is called Cyber something. ; ).

mk4ce | 2019年12月11日

I'm in the same boat. I feel like there's a new genre of magazine that needs to be created. EV vehicles only. I'd subscribe.

WantMY | 2019年12月11日

I do not consider Model 3 superior to my EV. I would never buy Model 3. Tesla Cybertruck on other hand is so superior to any Tesla car ever made before.

jimglas | 2019年12月11日

@WantMY: What EV do you own and why do you consider it superior to a tesla
(honest question)

Bighorn | 2019年12月11日

What are songs I heard in my Delhi Uber?

Each day brings a new crazy.

Bighorn | 2019年12月11日

That post is getting a lot of airplay. I think I've counted 6 copies throughout the forums.

WantMY | 2019年12月11日

My EV is superior to any Tesla currently on the market in efficiency and the fact it never delivers EPA range, ever... No it is not what you're thinking. My EV delivers >20% above EPA ratings in normal commute drive cycle. It would translate to 384 miles for LR M3, you would know, it is not possible to achieve. Perhaps the biggest point preventing me from buying any Tesla is vampire drain, that would devour > 50 miles of range weekly, as I charge once a week for free - it is unacceptable for me.

WantMY | 2019年12月11日

Cybertruck with solar option solves this major issue and instead of loosing range - it would add range every day (basically would commute for free and "never" charge, can you beat that?). I am not even talking about utility and practicality of the CT that dwarfs anything Tesla ever made. I am not going to disclose my EV make and model as it would only lead to the pissing contest, besides you can figure it out by simply doing a small research on google.

@WantMY You have been going on with your "superior" for a long time now yet you never say what you have. Why the trolling?

andy.connor.e | 2019年12月11日

Bolt, Leaf, Focus, Smart Car, BMW. If its not one of those, it would be new to me.

WantMY | 2019年12月11日

@Magic Do you really think I would be sitting and waiting for Cybertruck to come and drive ICE? CT was not even in the plans until a few weeks ago! I bought Leaf EV over 2 years ago and since traded it in a year ago for my EV I am happy with and will keep it for decades as well as upcoming CT.

@WantMy Why not just say what your current (pun intended) EV is? Why the trolling by not sharing a name so others may look and see if it would make them happy also? Why the trolling?

TabascoGuy | 2019年12月11日

First he wanted the M3, then he wanted the MY, now he wants the CT. He won't tell us what he settled for.

Yeah, he has been at his monologue for a very long time, clearly trolling.

jimglas | 2019年12月11日

I am happy you are happy with your EV
Which is it?
Not for a pissing contest, just for specificity

AWDTesla | 2019年12月11日

The Audi is really the only one that has a chance to push the tesla M3 off its EV pedestal at the moment. And even then, Germans cant build anything that reliable either. Leaky battery packs anyone?

CharleyBC | 2019年12月11日

I stand at a crosswalk waiting for the light, and watch all the ICE cars go by, and wonder what’s wrong with those people.

T L | 2019年12月11日

My EV is better than yours! But I won't tell you what it is unless you keep giving me attention.

...please give me attention. (That's why I'm posting on a Tesla forum)

TabascoGuy | 2019年12月11日

@WantMY - It takes two to have a pissing contest.

andy.connor.e | 2019年12月11日

@Charley

Considering most people buy used cars, it doesnt surprise me.

AWDTesla | 2019年12月11日

Lol Andy. Yeah, or its "I dont have 50k to buy a tesla" (cheap Tesla here)

Which is a very valid reality for a lot of people.

WW_spb | 2019年12月11日

Some people are pathetic

Sarah R | 2019年12月11日

I leased a 2016 Volt. I live electric do much I'll never own another ICE if I can avoid it.

coleAK | 2019年12月11日

I consider myself a car addict in remission. About 15 years ago my wife and I had an “intervention” on one another to stop buying new cars (and wasting a ton of money). We went to the MB dealer and bought a g500 (before the Beverly Hills crowd) and a e320 4matic. I drove the g for 10 years she drove the e for 15. The decade Before that it was 3 MB, 3 Porsche’s, an H2, an M3, An Allroad, track s2000, an Italian car, and Subarus many Subarus. Now that she has the Tesla we always ask ourselves why anyone would buy a new Sedan that isn’t an EV, and if your in the market for a wagon/truck/SUV just wait a few years. I’m not replacing my Land Cruiser until there is something extremely similar (or better) in an EV. I consistently tell everyone the ICE is not the future, heck batteries may not be as well but they are at least the next step.

Since Tesla is the only option for a luxury EV a month ago when we were in LA for every Lambo, Ferrari, Bentley, Rolls,... I saw I’d ask my wife what are they not driving a Tesla?

robert rogus | 2019年12月11日

I want to see what VW comes up with in its EV launch coming soon. If they make a small hatchback like a golf for under 30k and it’s decent, they might have an impact. Also their electric “bus” could be good. I have totally lost interest in any ICE car. They are noisy and smelly and stoopid.

neezer | 2019年12月11日

Definitely not just you, I am surprised this effect has hit me too, and I'm auto nutty.

TexasBob | 2019年12月11日

Not just you. Actual data from Clean Technica Survey of 10,000 people.

0% of current EV owners and 1% of PHEV owners would consider buying an ICE vehicle for the next car.

Once you go electric everything else is dead to you.

https://cleantechnica.com/files/2019/12/CleanTechnica_EV_Electric_Car_Dr...

kevin_rf | 2019年12月11日

Am I the only one here who holds onto cars for 10 or more years. Pushing 50 and the Model 3 is my 4th car.

Never going back to an ice...

triumphbob | 2019年12月11日

I'm 60 and my Model 3 is my 7th car. Never going back either!

triumphbob | 2019年12月11日

...and I still have 3 of the ICEs!

Joshan | 2019年12月11日

LOngest I have ever owned any car was 6 years, as that was how long my longest load was for.

Joshan | 2019年12月11日

loan* ... ugh that sounded just wrong....

Pages