Forums

Tesla De Ice Service

Tesla De Ice Service

Has anyone used Tesla's new deicing service? I believe the cost is $150. Is it worth it? Also, can they do it via their roaming techs at our home or do we have to bring the car toa CS?

jordanrichard | 2019年12月18日

De-Icing service.....?

andy.connor.e | 2019年12月18日

Please direct me to the Tesla vehicle that has air travel capability to need a de-icing

Joshan | 2019年12月18日

Now Tesla started offering a new “Anti-Ice Window Treatment” offered at service centers, as per an update on the automaker’s ‘Winter Driving Tips‘ page:

Anti-Ice Window Treatment Tesla Service offers an anti-ice window coating to help break ice buildup on windows. This is a paid procedure that can be scheduled just like any other service appointment. If you’re interested, schedule a service appointment in the Tesla app.

Owners reaching out to Tesla are being told that the treatment costs $150 and service centers should soon be able to supply it in colder climates.

Joshan | 2019年12月18日

My own 2cents living in a cold weather area.

If you turn on the climate with the App and set it to HI, it routes the air flow differently and thaws door handles and the charge port door. This should de-ice the car as needed, but does make you wait a bit.

Here is a video on it I saw recently.
https://youtu.be/tKzenrSwvO4

Mike UpNorth_ | 2019年12月18日

My 2nd winter (MN). Never had anything freeze up. But I don't park outside in freezing rain type situations.