Forums

Scheduled Charging Technically Wrong

Scheduled Charging Technically Wrong

For a M-F person like me would really be better if weekdays were Sunday - Thursday. That would actually have it ready and warm for Monday - Friday mornings.

When I get home Friday would be nice to just have it charge immediately. Easy to forget and not have enough charge if I go back out.

Would change for people with different days off obviously...

Anyway, would be nice to pick the actual individual days instead...

Any updates coming that anyone aware of?

TeslaTap.com | 2020年1月13日

I didn't even know M-F was an option! Learn something new every day :)

Any reason not to just charge every day?

jordanrichard | 2020年1月13日

Ricksli, this is the beauty of this feature being software based. It’s functionality not frozen, it can be changed/improved.

ricksli | 2020年1月13日

Hoping they expand options.

Don’t want everyday since when I get home on Friday I want to charge immediately so I can go out later on in the evening.

On a Friday, a weekday, it will wait to charge overnight so it finishes at 5am Saturday.

Last Friday I forgot to manual switch and didn’t have enough charge to use it when I was ready to leave.

jdcollins5 | 2020年1月13日

I guess I do not understand your comment, unless you charge as soon as you get home. I charge during the night so Scheduled Departure works great for me. It completes charging on M-F mornings.

Pg3ibew | 2020年1月14日

My biggest concern is, everything for charging that we do from the car, should be able to be done from the APP.
I should not have to be sitting in the car to change a charging option. Just my 2 cents.

kevin_rf | 2020年1月14日

My biggest problem with scheduled departure is it turns on the environmental controls to warm up the car and finishes at six am. My tou guess until 7am, I would like that warm battery closer to my departure time and not have it turn on the heat when I'm not seeing in the car. Nothing people have not complained about in the past.

This feature still needs serious refinement.

Pg3ibew | 2020年1月14日

I had a Ford Fusion PHEV. They couldnt get the whole CABIN/CHARGE THING right either. It was baffling.

Sarah R | 2020年1月14日

Since I work 6 days I'd like to see more granularity in the scheduled departure app. That said, what I've discovered is that if I set my scheduled departure to 0415 hours, the car charges and is ready before 0400, then runs the climate until I drive off. And if I'm 15 or 20 mintues getting my ... stuff ... together, that's a lot of wasted energy. Bit it gave the battery enough time to cool and force reduced regeneration.

So I tried setting the departure time to 0430. A little better. Less wasted energy and the battery is warmer when I leave. But I still wasn't satisfied. I never am. So I tried telling it "charge at 0130. I don't quite get to the 90% charge, so the car is still charging when I'm ready to go. As I'm pouring my coffee, I turn the climate on. I get a warm battery, a warm cabin and hot coffee all at once.

All I do is win, win, win.

Bighorn | 2020年1月14日

No matter what?

ODWms | 2020年1月15日

LOLOL!!!!!

FISHEV | 2020年1月15日

Is the charging scheduler in StatsApp better than the one the car provides?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/stats-for-tesla-model-s-x-3/id1191100729

ricksli | 2020年1月17日

@jdcollins5

Here's the issue again since today is Friday and I'm off tomorrow. I just plugged in the car when I got home after 100 mile round trip. I'd like the car to start charging immediately. Instead, because it's Friday ( a weekday ) the scheduled charging is waiting until late tonight so it's ready for 5am Saturday morning.

If scheduled charging worked Sunday through Thursday, it would top off immediately when I plug in on Friday (for Saturday) and on Saturday (for Sunday). On Sunday, it should not start charging immediately and wait until night so it's ready for me again 5am and warmed up Monday morning 5am.

majassow | 2020年1月17日

I don't want it to start charging until after 11pm, as I have TOU. So the current strategy works (mostly) fine for me. The only time it doesn't is when I have a very low battery (less than 100 miles), so it won't complete charging by 6am. Then it will start charging before 11pm, in the more expensive TOU periods. I'd rather it started at 11pm and didn't complete charging (unless I was leaving for a long trip the next morning, but then I'd just select charge now from the app).

Ideally, you'd be able to set a number of charging parameters:
Start charging at: xx:xx
Start charging earlier if needed for requested charging level (yes/no)
Finish charging by: y:yy
Charge to zz%
Scheduled departure: a:aa

And having a weekday/weekend set of these, or even a daily setting would be nice. But starting to be a lot of choices.

My Ford Fusion Energi has some of these options, but the UI is VERY clunky and slow, so it's PAINFUL to setup. And then: it fails to work most of the time. So there is something to be said about keeping it simple.

Pg3ibew | 2020年1月17日

@maja, my Ford Fusion Energi was horrendous qith the charge schedluing as well.
My Model 3 is only slightly better. Lol.
I would like more options from the app.

RES IPSA | 2020年1月17日

I just want to be able to set a definite charging end time... like how you can set a definite charging start time. I want to charge from 12 am to 6 am and have it stop charging no matter what at 6 am. And i do not want to waste battery on preheating or anything like that since I live in San Diego and my unheated garage never gets below 60 degrees.

Right now, I have start charging for about 20-30 seconds to get a time estimate and then move the percentage bar to make sure the charging will stop before 6 am. Kinda annoying.