Forums

Poor Shorts lost over 1 Billion yesterday

Poor Shorts lost over 1 Billion yesterday

Joshan | 2020年1月30日

Tesla short sellers are now down more than $5.2 billion this year in mark-to-market losses after losing $2.89 billion in 2019.

Magic 8 Ball | 2020年1月30日

The problem with that is many will try to double down and resort to even dirtier FUD to recoup losses.

TabascoGuy | 2020年1月30日

M8B - Yes, and without a peep from the SEC.

Equally as dirty.

andy.connor.e | 2020年1月30日

5 billion just this year? Theres still one more day in this month! Dam what a loss in not even a month!

M3phan | 2020年1月30日

Not sad.

95dawg | 2020年1月30日

When you see a short flip their opinion and suddenly announce stock xxxxx is now amazing and will explode, it tells you their put options are dead so now they're trying to recoup with calls. I love watching shorts dance.

My plan is to hold my P3D- and TSLA shares for 10 years. :)

TeslaTap.com | 2020年1月30日

Why anyone would put their money into such incompetent fund managers is beyond me.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these shorts go bankrupt and lose all there investors' money. No tears from me :)

Joshan | 2020年1月30日

The media is hardly tesla fanbois, quite the opposite. You just cannot post anything correct or factual can you?

Bighorn | 2020年1月30日

If it’s any consolation, my friends and I will take good care of that money.

Tronguy | 2020年1月30日

Public Service Announcement:

FISHEV is a known troll of several years standing and several user
names who pushes an anti Tesla narrative. Please
take his opinions with a grain of salt, avoid any advice he may
suggest, and do not let him implant any Fear, Uncertainty, or Doubt
about Tesla or your car into your own opinion.

Tronguy | 2020年1月30日

There was a report over on TMC that a smaller hedge fund that was shorting Tesla went under, bankrupt. Haven't seen that repeated, though.
There is also some speculation that there are long-term whales who are shorting Tesla. From what I've been reading, one of those gave up in the last day or so and went elsewhere, presumably to try and make a profit, but doing something other than shorting Tesla to do so.
You can see what's going through their minds, though. GM, Ford, and all those others are pumping out, literally, millions of cars a year. Tesla's well under a million estimated for 2020, yet its market value is bigger than Ford and GM, combined? To them, it must be something wrong, surely the stock price will drop.
But they're missing the point. Tesla has no real competition; they're miles ahead of the competition, and they have a vertically integrated supply chain, including batteries and solar, that nobody else can, at this time, touch.
They are not standing still: Quite the opposite, really.
Musk challenged them all when he laid out (in his own words) devilish plans: I'm coming for you guys. Adapt or die. And executed on that self-made challenge.
As you all know, the cars companies and big oil all laughed and called him an idiot. Now the car companies are going beserk trying to catch up and, currently, are failing to do so. And some of them are still building compliance cars in the hope that, somehow, Musk and Tesla will magically go away. Ha.
Teslas are getting cheaper year on year as Tesla refines and further refines their processes; and that's another way to kill the competition that won't be able to charge a premium and get the profits and R&D money they need to catch up.
I drive around these days and my sightings of other Teslas are going from one or two a week to several a day. What's it going to be like in three years where every third car is a Tesla?
There are bulls claiming that Tesla's on its way to be a trillion dollar company. Methinks they have a point.
We see that. We know what the car does, what it's like, and where the company is going. Think those shorts understand, or want to understand?
Talk about disruptive technology :).

Magic 8 Ball | 2020年1月30日

The crappy auto wipers are going to be the death of Tesla.
The crappy BSM is going to be the death of Tesla.
The crappy customer service is going to be the death of Tesla.
Lack of idiot warning lights is going to be the death of Tesla.
Lines at Superchargers is going to be the death of Tesla.
FSD not level 5 is going to be the death of Tesla.
Kompetition will Kill Telsa.

Tesla is done I tell ya!

lbowroom | 2020年1月30日

fish - so careful to not cite yourself as the source of your nonsense. Or to make sure you add a could be, more like, or similar phrase to every falsehood you speak. Why is that?

lbowroom | 2020年1月30日

You craft copy that implies ideas without directly stating. A true art form..

lbowroom | 2020年1月30日

It reveals that you actually fear and minimize exposure to prosecution.

TeslaTap.com | 2020年1月30日

Doing a google search on Tesla shorts and came up with this gem:

https://teslatap.com/_images/forum/buy_tesla_shorts_2020.jpg

I guess the value of shorters is so low now, you can buy one from Amazon!

akgolf | 2020年1月30日

Happy days are here again!

WantMY | 2020年1月30日

I was saying the same thing over and over about dealing with shorts. Deliver results and they would be burned, this is the only way. Initially, Musk tried to shake them with some cheap tricks and it never worked. Tesla delivered - shorts are running away for cover now. I am long on Tesla, at least until my CT delivered.

apodbdrs | 2020年1月30日

Anybody that shorts is an Idiot and deserves losing all their money! No sympathy here!

andy.connor.e | 2020年1月30日

One thing that is true is the poor shorts. because they are poor. literally

TranzNDance | 2020年1月30日

I want Tesla to sell short shorts, and offer long shorts for those who prefer those.

Tronguy | 2020年1月30日

@apodbdrs: Well, I wouldn't go so far as to curse all shorts to heck. They take non-healthy companies that _are_ pulling a scam and pull back the curtain on the Wizard of Oz, collapsing near-scams. It's an actually useful purpose.
It's just that, sometimes, they get too sure of themselves.
It exposes a problem on Wall Street: There's a lot of wannabe get-rich-quick types without the brains who don't do their homework, both on the bull and bear sides. They usually don't last long, the both of them.

Ross1 | 2020年1月30日

If we called a billion what it is, it would be more meaningful

I use 1000 million.

Ross1 | 2020年1月30日

For the British, poor lot, a billion is formally a million million.

-TheJohn- | 2020年1月30日

Speaking of the British..
If I knew what I was doing in currency trading I bet one could make some dough shorting the pound.