Forums

Weathertech Floormat for Model X

Weathertech Floormat for Model X

I have been searching for an all-weather floormat for my MX.

I have a 2019 Tesla Model X (six-seater). I decided to go with Weathertech based on the number of positive reviews on Amazon.
When I open the box, all of the floor mats were cramped/bent within the same box. There were lots of awkward shapes and did not fit my Tesla well, especially the edges supposed to have a close fit with the side of the interior wall. I called Weathertsh and they told me it will retract to the original shape after few days.
Well, it's been over three+ months now, and it is still in the condition of a less desirable fit and I have to spend lots of time cleaning from the dirt within the cracks... The back seat cover is problematic and given the movement of the chairs, it is hard to keep it clean also. I did not see any of these comments from other reviewers and though you may find this helpful if you are looking for a floormat for your model X.
I also tried 3D-Spider mats, but they did not have the back seat mats available and I did not want mismatched floormats in my Model X.

Created this video for your Sunday night viewing pleasure https://youtu.be/3J7R2ED4V04

lowtek | 2020年2月2日

Take a heat gun to it, done!

artc1688 | 2020年2月3日

Lowtek, any recommendation on how to keep it straight??

I figured if I paid $250+ for the floormat that is laser cut, I should not be out there with a torch or heat gun solving the problem it should not exist.... sigh

artc1688 | 2020年2月3日

Lowtek, any recommendation on how to keep it straight??

I figured if I paid $250+ for the floormat that is laser cut, I should not be out there with a torch or heat gun solving the problem it should not exist.... sigh

gbpnkans | 2020年2月3日

Companies are still laser cutting to fit to the vehicles. Such a junk products. I don't think any product do this technology better either. Tesla cannot make everything better too. Don't know how it agreed to put its name on it. I do agree it is such a crappiest product for the money paid.

lilbean | 2020年2月3日

The mats sold by Tesla fit perfectly.

artc1688 | 2020年2月3日

it is definitely inconsistent when it comes to providing a predictable and reliable product for the end-users, which is a shame. 3D Maxpider seems to be pretty good and maybe i should give it a try...

CatTrax | 2020年2月4日

My Weathertech floor and luggage mats fit perfectly in our 2019 Raven - 5 seater. Happy customer!

Pungoteague_Dave | 2020年2月5日

+1@CatTrax. Ditto. The Tesla-branded and WeatherTech mats are produced together, with different logos.