Forums

Google Login for Browser and YouTube (entertainment)

Google Login for Browser and YouTube (entertainment)

The browser and the YouTube app under entertainment refuse to let me login using my Google credentials. Both say I have an incompatible browser. Is there any way around this? Is there an "app" I can add that will allow a normal/modern browser like Firefox or Chromium (Linux) to be used? And what about the YouTube login? I would love to be able to view my subscriptions and favorites on YouTube while burning time at a charging station... PS Of course(!!!) I have 2-factor authentication set up on Google/YT (and virtually all other online services that support it). Could this be the issue? It would seem to be a big problem in any case.

I apologize if this has already been addressed, but I can't find any search capability in this forum.

EVRider | 2020年3月11日

Search tips here: https://teslatap.com/articles/owners-manual-companion/#search

Workaround for Google login issue (I haven’t tried this): Log in to plex.tv with your Google credentials.

blue adept | 2020年3月12日

Perhaps you merely need to run an update for the browser itself?

EVRider | 2020年3月12日

@blue adept: How would one do that exactly?

blue adept | 2020年3月12日

Contact Tesla Motors for an update.

Granted, improved or enhanced browser functionality is limited to which options the owner chose at the time of purchase, which MCU their vehicle is equipped with, and which software version / update might be installed on their system.

kethbunn | 2020年3月12日

Thanks for the post and nice to see this here. Get more about the best apps here. https://peryourhealth.fun/register-login/

EVRider | 2020年3月13日

@blue adept: As you said, the browser is dependent on configuration and software version, so it’s not possible to “run an update for the browser itself.” That’s why I asked for clarification.

blue adept | 2020年3月13日

I admit that I was being a bit sarcastic in making the suggestion given that it's pretty much common knowledge at this point that Tesla does its own 'updating' and what with the use of a free and open-sourced code project from Google ("Chromium"), which can be modified by anyone, it only makes sense that Tesla has implemented some security precautions to prevent contamination of the browser and subsequent exploit by someone of less than scrupulous character which, inevitably, means that they'll provide updates for it when they feel it is necessary.

It sounds like the browser isn't configured to use preexisting login credentials, or to even allow logging in to preexisting accounts for that matter, perhaps as an additional security layer of protection"?"

At the top of the page you could try clicking on the "More" link next to the 3 dots, the "Settings", or the "Tools" links to see if you're able to navigate through them to an 'update' option if you're so inclined, but it doesn't sound like account migration or access is an available option at this time, if ever.

BRubano | 2020年5月28日

I've made a workaround for this issue until it gets fixed. Just tested on my Model Y and it works great..

https://www.royalaussiesva.com/googlesignin.htm