Forums

Whaaaaaaat? Over a thousand ventilators.

Whaaaaaaat? Over a thousand ventilators.

Where did he get them? Go Elon.

Updated article says he got them from China. Is it so much better now over there they have spare ventilators or did they always have an abundance? Seems strange.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-24/california-governor-s...

yudansha™ | 2020年3月23日

Conspiracy /s

Magic 8 Ball | 2020年3月23日

It does have the makings of a blowback.

I wonder how fast they will degrade /s

WW_spb | 2020年3月23日

What I really want to no if they have criss cross Covid19 alert?

WW_spb | 2020年3月23日

No=know*

israndy | 2020年3月23日

thats what the girls keep telling me

Bighorn | 2020年3月23日

1255 he sourced through Chinese contacts

Resist | 2020年3月24日

What does this have to do with the Model 3?

Magic 8 Ball | 2020年3月24日

This has nothing to do with Model 3 except for until this Covid 19 thing is figured out model 3 production is slim to none.

coselectric | 2020年3月24日

Really nice move, Mr. Musk. Saves thousands of lives (eventually, after Trump sends everyone back to work next week), makes up for his misguided tweet AND gives Tesla and SpaceX several different models to reverse engineer. Brilliant.

gmr6415 | 2020年3月24日

But, But, But they need a StatsApp to monitor them ;-)

Big_Ed | 2020年3月24日

It has to do with being a human being. If you have to ask, you are doing it wrong.

Good job, Elon.

All equipment of this nature has to be "installed" before use.

FISHEV is EVIL and will say anything to diminish Tesla accomplishments.

Big_Ed | 2020年3月24日

@Fish

You are doing it wrong.

FISHEV | 2020年3月24日

Always have Bag/Mask ready.

spuzzz123 | 2020年3月24日

impressive spew of jargon. you must be the real deal

coleAK | 2020年3月24日

@Fish... I see your point, I’ll agree that vents are only a small part of the equation. But the Peds example? <1% of patients ventilated for COVID are Peds. The data from China showed one kid ended up on a vent... and it was a teenager.

My 0.02, if we end up where vents are the bottle neck we are in a very very bad situation. best case scenario with top level of best practice critical care Half of the patients with ARDS don’t survive. In a crisis medical model I would sadly say mortality rate would be much higher and approaching 100%.

So I would say suck it up and FOLLOW DIRECTIONS: stay home, don’t travel, keep social distancing, wash you hands, extreme isolation of you are sick,... and stop the spread BEFORE we need to manage a bunch of ventilated patients.

FISHEV | 2020年3月24日

" But the Peds example? <1% of patients ventilated for COVID are Peds."

It is no different for adults so all the comments apply except the stressful part. Kids have NO RESERVE. They are fine and then they are not and there's no in between. One minute you are watching a DVD with them, the next alarms are going off, the code team is there, the kids blue.

But vent are vents, they are not "installed" but set up by res therapist and patient is trashed or intubated they Critical Care status which is one-one at most two-one RN's. The "come and get them" comment shows a stunning ignorance of what vents are and what they do.

The most interesting aspect is China choosing Musk as the conduit to send a message to US and to Trump. They literally have a grip on our airway. Somebody has to shut down Trump and his 50's ChiComm bat shit crazy stuff.

FISHEV | 2020年3月24日

Well patients are already "trashed" if they need the vent but it was supposed to say "trached".

FISHEV | 2020年3月24日

With all those people on critical care where do the personnel come from?

Ross1 | 2020年3月24日

So, you get sick, you can then break your isolation, front up at hospital and infect everyone.

The hospital is already filled with infected people, what is your point?

FISHEV | 2020年3月24日

"So, you get sick, you can then break your isolation, front up at hospital and infect everyone."

We have barrier in the ER for suspected C19 one side, all the regular car accidents, shootings, heart attacks etc. on the other.

We try and isolate as best we can under circumstance. Use the precious test kits on most likely, most at risk to confirm.

Notice says call before you come in for C19 and we may direct to some other test spots.

Be better if Musk had gotten 10M test kits from China. We need them more right now.

gwolnik | 2020年3月24日

Our best hope is long term, strong social distancing. This report has some simulation graphs showing the predicted consequences of different scenarios, recently done by researchers at Stanford University:

https://covid-measures.github.io

Trump wants to open the country so he can have his Easter Egg roll, you know, priorities. (roll eyes).

Question: Mr. Trump what metrics will you use to determine if it is okay to open the country in 3 weeks.
Answer: Uh, we will be looking at all sorts of things.

Tronguy | 2020年3月24日

For those of you who don't know already: NY Governor Cuomo does his bit around 11:30 AM EDT these days. Listening to the man is like standing in the freshest breeze on a spring day one can think of. He speaks facts, puts out advice, challenges all who hear him to Do Better, and gives reporters substantive answers without hesitating. None of this "everybody stands really close to me" stuff that the Orangeness does.
Today, somebody asked him about this idea of opening up the country a la Trumpie. He stated that it's not an either/or proposition; antibody (i.e., cheap & fast) testing will identify those who have had it and recovered and can go back to work; and anybody who thinks that he, or his administration, will cause the deaths of the vulnerable just so the stock market will go up.. Let's just say that the man didn't curse and use bad words, but, without doing that, he effectively hit every key on the top row of the typewriter. Twice.
Today's was fun: They had it in the Javitt's Center and, behind the table, there was a 15' high, 80' wide, 100 yard+ long stack of PPE, masks, and all, that are being stockpiled for delivery to the hospitals in NYC.
He ended it with his usual, "That's enough. I have to get back to work."
Jeez. In ten minutes, he gave a plan on how, once NYC gets through the peak, they're going to ship ventilators and doctors to the rest of the country to keep up the effort. This is not a stupid man.

Bighorn | 2020年3月24日

@Tronguy
I worked briefly in his dad’s administration and used to play hoops with his brother Chris, but I’ll admit I never really liked Andrew that much. He is redeeming himself in these dark days, however, though consider how low the bar is.

Is that the presidential seal he wears on his shirts? : )

bddaughe | 2020年3月24日

All the butt-hurt Hillary fans on here really crack me up

FISHEV | 2020年3月24日

" NY Governor Cuomo" for President. If Cuomo emerges as THE MAN from the Trump Pandemic, Democrats could nominate him by acclimation.

Cuomo/Harris ticket.

FISHEV | 2020年3月24日

Trump says we'll open by Easter. Fauci says "That's not gonna happen" when asked to comment on Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/03/24/dr-fauci-easter-timeline-...

This happens in EVERY Trump presser. Trump says crazy stuff. Father Fauci comes and says No pony for you. He must be driving Trump out his mind and there's nothing Trump can do. He can't fire Fauci like he was some weak kneed General.

@bddaughe Trump fired our #1 point person in China that was supposed to be watching out for pandemics several months ago. He is done. He should be in jail for endangering our lives. He alienated our #1 supplier of goods and has shown how dangerous he is. Trump lied and now 700+ died.

"Several months before the coronavirus pandemic began, the Trump administration eliminated a key American public health position in Beijing intended to help detect disease outbreaks in China"

"“It was heartbreaking to watch,” said Bao-Ping Zhu, a Chinese American who served in that role, which was funded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, between 2007 and 2011. “If someone had been there, public health officials and governments across the world could have moved much faster.”"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-cdc-exclusiv...

bddaughe | 2020年3月24日

It would be nice if people had the same level of anger and frustration toward the actual source of the Virus.

Trump lied over 700, and rising, died.

#impeachagain

bddaughe | 2020年3月24日

The fact that you know you can't dispute what I said makes sense why you deflect again

Can you tell me what you said that I am not disputing?

Was it the 'butt hurt over Hillary..'. comment? If you are saying that I was not happy with the election result why would I dispute that? It is clear the Trump is endangering our lives for his superficial ego desires. Trump is not a humanitarian he is shyster.

FISHEV | 2020年3月24日

"It would be nice if people had the same level of anger and frustration toward the actual source of the Virus."

Which we don't know yet. Was it really a CIA operation as the Chinese claim. Kind of like Bay of Pigs were it backfires on the US. China handles it and it gets out to US despite US intelligence telling Trump about their scheme in January. Trump claims it's a hoax, says China is good guy and lets it run amok in US.

Ironic that it will cost him any chance of re-election which may be why CIA did it as any rational analysis of threats to US national security, Trump tops the list.

Republicans turned the USA into the Titanic.

Over 8 years bitching and moaning over Obama care and being able to plan for something better. Once they got the executive branch, senate majority and house majority and nuclear option the failed to deliver.

Never Again, never again.

FISHEV | 2020年3月24日

It is interesting the Bush II (WMD fake war and Great Recession) and Trump (Trump Pandemic and Great Recession II) both lost the democratic election for president.

The danger of minority presidents is clear and present so we should nuke the Electoral College.

American people made the right choice each time.

yudansha™ | 2020年3月24日

@Magic 8 Ball Why do you sound the same as FISHEV? Are you the same person? Or just today?

Tanya you claimed to be me, so you should know. But you are a liar so it is all such a mystery. So difficult to navigate through all the lies from you EVIL FISHEV and several others.

FISHEV | 2020年3月24日

"Why do you sound the same as FISHEV?"

@Magic8Ball is @EaglesPDX, he admitted in other thread. Well one of them apparently he took on that Avatar and got suspended before his recent suspension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG2ci9CyiwI

yudansha™ | 2020年3月24日

I AM you. Remember your DID!

FISHEV | 2020年3月24日

Interesting article on how Musk and Trump are both Pandemic deniers.

"COVID-19 Shows Musk And Trump Have More In Common Than Most Think"

https://insideevs.com/features/405882/coronavirus-musk-trump-more-in-com...

yudansha™ | 2020年3月24日

@FISHEV Nah, it is like saying you and I are alike just because we are pro environment.

FISHEV is an evil liar and is spinning another one.

I never said I posted using the name of EaglesPDX and "apparently" he is just lying again.

FISHEV got booted from this forum when he was posting using the username of EaglesPDX, that is a fact.

yudansha™ | 2020年3月24日

Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth.

FISHEV | 2020年3月24日

" it is like saying you and I are alike just because we are pro environment."

Actually the does mean we're alike doesn't it. But this was about @Magic 8 Ball admitting he got suspended the past while posting as @EaglesPDX.

Truth is not compromised by lies. A lie is a lie is a lie.

Serial liars hope the Mandela effect will work for them but truth always prevails.

FISHEV is an EVIL liar.

I never posted using EaglesPDX or @EaglesPDX. FISHEV got booted from this forum when he was posting using the EaglesPDX user name.

Pages